If you could choose ANY Disney resort ...

RainK

Mouseketeer
If you could choose any Disney resort (excluding club level), which resort and why.
I am trying to be realistic with pricing should I be able to upgrade our existing ressie.
Traveling with DH, DD 10 DS 7.

We stayed at the BCR and absolutely loved it. Next we'd like to try AK , Poly and WL.

For us, it's the Poly. We love the large rooms, the tropical atmosphere, the pool, the beach, Captain Cooks, and being on the monorail. We have had great stays at all of the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is our favorite :goodvibes.

We picked the Beach Club. I really love the idea of being so close to Epcot and DHS, as we think we will spend a lot of time in those parks. My kids really love swimming, and my husband and I love hot tubs, so Stormalong Bay was a big draw. The lack of hot tubs is what made us decide to wait on trying out the Poly this year.

If money were no issue I would choose the Polynesian. I love the feel of it, the beach, the pool, watching the electrical parade, and that it is on the monorail.

If money is an issue I would pick Pop Century. I didn't want to try a value but once I did we had a blast and found a lot of pluses to it.

For me, I've always wanted to try GF, so this August I've added 2 nights at GF before our YC stay.
We haven't stayed at YC yet either, but have stayed at BC, Poly, AKL, & WL.
So after Aug. we will have stayed at all the deluxe that really interest me. CR & BWI- not so much. But I may stay at those at some point, just to see.

Epcot is my favorite park, and I love that BWV is within walking distance of both Epcot and HS. I also just love the atmosphere of the Boardwalk area.

AKL. The theme is outrageous and
I found it to be the most relaxing of the hotels which we have stayed. I love that it seems to create two different vacations in one. The parks are handy, but you can feel like you are a million miles away.

Have stayed at every deluxe and would choose in order:
1. Grand Floridian
2. Beach Club
3. Contemporary
4. Wilderness Lodge
5. AKL
6 .Poly

We are CR people! Actually, we stayed at BLT in a 1 bedroom last week and loved it. I never would have thought I'd be such a CR fan. It doesn't have the ambiance of WL or the beautiful grounds like Poly, but it just works for my family. We like being in one building instead of separate like at Poly or GF.

Isn't it great that WDW has a choice of resorts so everyone can find something to their liking!

i think it would be cr because we haven't stayed there yet and with the new fl i would want to be very close to the mk.

We love CR. The monorail is a big plus and it all being in the same building and not so spread out. BIG rooms and love a balcony. Good view from every room in the tower.
2nd is Poly. If wasn't such a haul to get around the resort--it would probably have been my favorite for the fireworks on the beach and that great bar out by the pool.
3rd is WL. Love the decor and atmosphere.

Deluxe is usually what I go for because of the balconies. I need a balcony on vacation. Love the proximity to MK also.

I guess Grand Floridian would be my pick. The look of that place has always been very appealing to me. I sometimes think I was born a century later than I should have been. But that said, I think every place has its pluses and have enjoyed our time at every place at which we have ever stayed. In other words, whatever your decision, it will be a good one!

WL is my ultimate favorite, the feeling of being out in nature and in a log cabin is perfect. The CM there are extremely friendly, and the main lobby is the best hotel entrance anywhere

Using only the resorts Ive stayed in -
1) Poly - although its been a few years its still my favorite. The theme and location cannot be beat
2) SSR - stayed here and fell in love with it. It's so peaceful and relaxing and the location to DTD is wonderful
3) AKL - a vacation in a vacation
4) OKW - Relaxing and you feel like you've really escaped the crowded parks. great pool and wonderful sized rooms
5) GF - Fabulous location although felt crowded with the heavy visitor traffic
6) WL - nice resort but just not my personal favorite rooms. Boat to MK was nice

Fantasy wise it would be BC, due to the pool. Reality I would really like to stay in the cars area of AoA.

I would love to stay at the Poly, but it's way way way out of my budget. I usually stay at values, but was able to swing a moderate this time around and I am staying at POR. I love the themeing there and can't wait!!

The Polynesian. It's always been my dream resort and after one night there this past week (the last night of our trip after being at CBR) it confirmed that I love it the most. I've worked at, walked around, and stayed at most of the Disney resorts by now- and nothing gives me that same magical feeling like Polynesian. The location, the hawaiian theming, the "vintage" feel of the resort, the pool, the lobby... I just love it all. Hope to do more than one night in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter