If you can stand one more GMR thread.....

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
I know it's all said and done. Closed up shop. But I think I will miss this attraction more than any other that Disney has closed. Yes, I understand that WDW is constantly changing, and that's what keeps us going back, but I do wish they had kept this one. Even if they no longer had rights to many of the scenes depicted, there were plenty of Disney films alone they could have used. Mary Poppins and Fantasia were already there. Bambi, Cinderella, Absent Minded Professor (picture the flying car) could have been added and Snow White would have been a great replacement for the Oz room.

I love the idea of the Mickey ride, but it's not like Disney is running out of space!

Just my two cents.

I agree, we rode it for the last time last week and I'll admit I got a little misty. I loved all the old movies they showed and no, I had not seen them all. I think that was the purpose was to show us the progression of classic movies. I even loved the silly acting the CMs did. I don't really mind so much that they are replacing it because I know things change but I have a little problem with a Mickey ride. I always loved the thought that MGM/HS was geared a little more toward the adult and with Toy Story Land and the Mickey ride, it looks like they are trying to get more of the little kids there. I have nothing against little kids, I'm a mother and I understand Mickey is the whole reason for the entire empire but it was nice having a small piece of the place without him. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't have high hopes.

I was never a huge fan of it, but I appreciated it. I agree with you, it could have been fixed.

It's sad to see a set-based ride be replaced with screens.

I feel the same way, and I'm a little sad today that both the GMR and Ellen's are gone forever.

I agree that it could have used an update, and even focused more on Disney feature films throughout history. They could have easily taken a trip through the decades with feature films of the day or popular genres. They could have easily replaced the gangster scene with Dick Tracy, the western scene to be reimagined Davy Crockett. Kept Indiana Jones, but updated it. Alien = Star Wars or something else. It's not like they have a shortage of classic and modern movies to pull from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter