If you are going in June - get reservations made

kevgraub

DIS Veteran
Just a little public service announcement for those that are not watching the park reservations very closely. If you are going in June, you better get your reservations made soon.

Here is where things stand right now:

DHS - available on 6/26, 6/27, 6/29 and 6/30
MK - available on 6/2, 6/4, 6/5, 6/12, 6/13, 6/16, 6/17, 6/18, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22-6/30
AK - not available 6/7-6/10
Epcot - wide open

I think everyone knows that DHS is filling up, but I was a little surprised to see MK already being booked up for so many dates already. I was really surprised to see AK already starting to book up.

If you are like me, and had a bunch of DHS placeholders until you firmed up your plans, you might want to get those plans firmed up pretty quickly if you have hopes of hitting MK (and apparently even AK) in the mornings in June.

[Edited to show current availability]

Last edited:
Thanks. I started noticing the same thing.

Have they increased the number of people they are letting in yet or are the same number of people allowed in on June 15th the same as April 15th (just that it's filling up faster?)

Thanks. I started noticing the same thing.

Have they increased the number of people they are letting in yet or are the same number of people allowed in on June 15th the same as April 15th (just that it's filling up faster?)
I have not heard anything about them increasing the number of people. I'm really hoping they hold the numbers where they are until after our trip the first week of June!

With Beach Club opening on May 30, and Wilderness Lodge on June 6, I wonder if they will increase park capacity a little at that time since they know they will have more people on property.

Also need to keep in mind that the Annual Pass bucket of reservations is still wide open for all parks the entire month. So good chance that some of those get reallocated to hotel guests/non-AP tickets. However, no guaranty of that, and there will probably be a mad rush for those reallocated tickets if/when the do pop up.

We have five park days reserved for beginning of June. I did two DHS, two MK, and one AK--staying near Epcot, so hoping to hop there most evenings. Glad I got tickets so early. Hoping if they do increase capacity for our dates they open up some more restaurants, and maybe some entertainment to absorb crowds.

Great heads up.

We are going June 8-15. I booked the resort (Copper Creek) back in December, and bought military tickets for the family (I have an AP) when they opened up the special window for purchase. I am SO glad I did, because when that window closed, they took away the 6-day option for military tix, which is what we wanted.

I booked parks as soon as I had the tickets linked, as "placeholders", with the thought that we could change them later if we wanted. Two days MK, two days HS, one each for AK and Epcot. Boy, am I glad I did!

My dining window opens tomorrow morning. I am not expecting to get much; the dining spots are so limited right now. But I will continue to monitor dining availability over the coming two months. I think that more locations will open, and capacity for all restaurants will be increased, at least somewhat, not to mention extending the park hours, which often increases dining availability, too (not always).

It is going to be an interesting few months, as things keep moving toward "normal"!

My dining window opens tomorrow morning. I am not expecting to get much; the dining spots are so limited right now.
Depending on your party size, it might not be too bad. We are a party of 8 for the first week of June, and I was able to get most of what I wanted such as BOG, Sci-Fi, Chef Mickeys, and Oga's. I could not get a few like Beaches and Cream, but for the most part it worked out.

One of the tough things right now, at least for us, is the limited park hours. For example, with MK closing at 6:00 pm right now (which I am certain will be extended at some point in May), we ended up with really early dinner times (4:30 for Liberty Tree, 5:30 for Crystal Palace, 5:30 for BOG). There were just no real option for later in the evening when we would prefer to eat, especially with some of us on Mountain Time. If we can get them moved once park hours are extended we will, but if not it will work.

Great heads up.

We are going June 8-15. I booked the resort (Copper Creek) back in December, and bought military tickets for the family (I have an AP) when they opened up the special window for purchase. I am SO glad I did, because when that window closed, they took away the 6-day option for military tix, which is what we wanted.

I booked parks as soon as I had the tickets linked, as "placeholders", with the thought that we could change them later if we wanted. Two days MK, two days HS, one each for AK and Epcot. Boy, am I glad I did!

My dining window opens tomorrow morning. I am not expecting to get much; the dining spots are so limited right now. But I will continue to monitor dining availability over the coming two months. I think that more locations will open, and capacity for all restaurants will be increased, at least somewhat, not to mention extending the park hours, which often increases dining availability, too (not always).

It is going to be an interesting few months, as things keep moving toward "normal"!
I was able to find a Beaches and Cream reservation In early June. That’s like the Holy Grail of ADRs. So, keep your chin up and I bet you will be very satisfied. Happy hunting.

Yeah. I had made all my park reservations and then decided to swap AK & MK and was surprised to see MK full on the desired date. So no swap.

Great heads up.

You might be surprised at the dining availability. Ours opened last Thursday and I was able to get pretty much most of the restaurants we wanted for June. Also if anyone is planning on booking Savi’s Lightsaber build at the 60 day mark they actually open reservations at midnight of your 60 days. It was nice getting that the night before so I could focus on dining at 6 am.

You might be surprised at the dining availability. Ours opened last Thursday and I was able to get pretty much most of the restaurants we wanted for June. Also if anyone is planning on booking Savi’s Lightsaber build at the 60 day mark they actually open reservations at midnight of your 60 days. It was nice getting that the night before so I could focus on dining at 6 am.
Is it the same for droid depot?

Depending on your party size, it might not be too bad. We are a party of 8 for the first week of June, and I was able to get most of what I wanted such as BOG, Sci-Fi, Chef Mickeys, and Oga's. I could not get a few like Beaches and Cream, but for the most part it worked out.

One of the tough things right now, at least for us, is the limited park hours. For example, with MK closing at 6:00 pm right now (which I am certain will be extended at some point in May), we ended up with really early dinner times (4:30 for Liberty Tree, 5:30 for Crystal Palace, 5:30 for BOG). There were just no real option for later in the evening when we would prefer to eat, especially with some of us on Mountain Time. If we can get them moved once park hours are extended we will, but if not it will work.
How many nights is your stay? My booking day is next week and I am nervous.

My family had an extra ticket day (the package we bought was cheaper with the extra day) I had figured we just wouldn’t use it but then decided if they extended the park hours we might be able to make it to the park for an hour or so. The calendar showed MK to be full, but when I went to reserve a park it allowed me to do so. Is That normal?

My family had an extra ticket day (the package we bought was cheaper with the extra day) I had figured we just wouldn’t use it but then decided if they extended the park hours we might be able to make it to the park for an hour or so. The calendar showed MK to be full, but when I went to reserve a park it allowed me to do so. Is That normal?

Yes, that’s very normal.

It seems that the availability calendar will show full, but it’s not updated instantaneously, and it may show full when there are still a few spots left. It’s always worth trying to book, even when the availability calendar shows full. Sometimes it takes persistence, but you can definitely find spots often.

Yes, that’s very normal.

It seems that the availability calendar will show full, but it’s not updated instantaneously, and it may show full when there are still a few spots left. It’s always worth trying to book, even when the availability calendar shows full. Sometimes it takes persistence, but you can definitely find spots often.
Thank you - I was a little worried that it was an error and we wouldn’t be let in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter