If you are doing the dinner package with CP...

We'll be having our CP dinner at Le Cellier on Christmas Eve. It was a pretty easy choice, we've eaten here twice before and it's a favorite of the whole family. :tongue:

Not at all! I totally appreciate the heads up ::yes:: It's good to know what I'm getting into. I love desserts too but because of my diet it could be a blessing in disguise for me :p

Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Not trying to rain on your San Angel parade guys................just wanted you to be aware of our experience.

San Angel is a nice restaurant. The atmosphere is great........and the food is ok. Hopefully they don't limit you guys on the dessert. That was my biggest disappointment..............what can I say - I love desserts!

Good luck with it.

We are doing Le Cellier again this year. The food is consistently very good there and the servers are very nice.

CP 1st timer here - Christmas Eve - could it BE more perfect? :hyper:

Looks like we are the only ones eating at Akershus so it'll be nice and empty for us - NOT! :crazy:

We chose this as we like the slightly unusual food, and the cold buffet. Haven't been since they changed the hot foods but it sounds like a good change - fresh, hotter food can't be bad! I do like fish and the sweet tasting goats cheese was the best!

We also found the CM's to be very pleasant.

Louise

San Angel for us for two reasons: one: Le Cellier was sold out:mad: and two: we had great lunch there the last time we were at EPCOT, and it seemed to be a little quieter and more romantic than some of the other restaurants. Thanks for the heads up on the dessert, I will ask when we are seated, and if that's the case, I will NOT leave room for dessert (I'm not a "flan fan")!

We're going to the Rose and Crown this year because we love the food and atmosphere.

Went to San Angel last year and had a great experience. Sat next to folks from Scotland and we chatted and enjoyed ourselves and the food. Don't remember anything about desserts, DH isn't home or I'd ask him, but maybe we shared one.

Bobbi:D

Great food and service and isn't to far to get in CP Package que.:wave2:

We are doing Le Cellier. We have never eaten there, but the menu looks great. I am really hoping for a special night on 12/18. Mickey

We are eating at Restaurant Marakesh the night we do CP. One reason is because it is close to the American Gardens Theatre and the other reasons are that we wanted to try something new and my friend said she most like wouldn't ever get her husband to go there so it will be a nice experience for us. :) It came highly recommended and the menu looked good. :)

Thanks for the warning though. I would much rather hear about it in advance and expect it than go in checking out all the great desserts (the Chocolate Chimichanga has already caught my eye) and be told "No" then.
I agree............much of life is about expectations. I was expecting to get the chocolate chimichanga, hence my disappointment (I know, I know......life it tough, isn't it :crazy: ). I really hope I'm wrong though and either things have changed or we just had a bad server (but I did question him and he still only gave us Flan :(.)
Other than that, do they limit your choices on food? What did you get?
Other than the desset we had no limitations. I got the Ceviche (good) and the Filete Motuleno (a little tough to find the tenderloin pieces buried in all the sauce, not a large serving of beef), another in our party got the Quesos Fundito (good) and the Mole Poblano (average). For some reason the DW got Nachos and a Combo platter that had something like a taco, burrito, rice and beans. I guess she was in the mood for that kind of food, but it was not good at all and a terrible waste of a good prepaid dinner package. Let's just say I think she could have made much better choices................but would she listen? And after not listening she was disappointed. At least I didn't say I told you so ;). But I digress...............

Overall we found the food to be average to good, but not memorable. What is memorable is the atmosphere, which is well worth the visit.

Enjoy.

Is it lunch time yet ?

mmmm, sounds good.
And I also noticed on the menu that all the desserts cost the same, so maybe I'll have that in my corner for the no-flan-plan.

And I also noticed on the menu that all the desserts cost the same, so maybe I'll have that in my corner for the no-flan-plan.
My guess is that the "flan" plan had more to do with moving people than limiting cost. It would be very easy to have a bunch of trays of flans prepared to just whisk out the door for the dinner package guests, rather than having to have workers take the time to prepare/plate all those individual desserts when ordered on a very busy night. And it sure was busy the night we went. It was the weekend after Thanksgiving and when we showed up for our 6:00 ish PS they were telling walk-up guests the next available table was at 9:00.

We are going to Rose and Crown. We have eaten the fish and chips at the take out stand and really liked them, so we decided that we would eat at the restaurant this time around. I wasn't originally planning on doing the package, then I found out Gary Sinise was speaking during our trip and booked it right away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter