if we want non-stop flights from Boston to MCO, do we have no choice other than Song?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
does Song have a monopoly in the non-stop BOS to MCO market?
the airfares continue to be ridiculously high.

did there used to be other carriers that had non-stop flights from BOS-MCO?

it seems like most people have gotten frustrated w/ Song, and have decided to switch to alternate airports (PVD or MHT) to fly Southwest.

does this mean that Southwest will realize the higher demand and also have higher airfares? :(

(i am another one who has been shopping for Dec airfares everyday and am really discouraged so far)

No one has a monopoly on any flights. The airlines choose what they routes they wish to fly and when. I doubt the lack of direct flights from Boston will have any influence on SWA's flight prices out of Providence or Hartford or NH, they don't service Boston so they don't try to compete. You are looking a tad early for Dec and you will see high prices until the time frame is closer to the 4 month mark.

USAir and American have had non-stops from BOS to MCO and back. The last I checked, nobody had any that return to Boston later in the evening.

Delta/Song may have a fare dip around 4 months out but the really popular dates, now priced at $565. round trip, will probably not go down close to the $209. everyday low fare for off peak dates let alone $160. ($79. each way) super specials.

Every year it is the same story, 331 days out eight or so lucky souls get a $209. BOS-MCO round trip on each plane Delta has scheduled.

Although MHT is quite convenient to me, for other destinations I find a better selection of flights including non-stops and even lower fares to other destinations from BOS.

As far as I know, Southwest does not serve Boston because it costs them a lot more in airport fees to do so. They have figured correctly that there are enough travelers for whom MHT and PVD are no more than one hour's additional driving time compared with BOS.

Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I believe that Song Air does have the MOST non-stop flight to Orlando from Boston.

I did, however, get lucky enough to get a great non-stop (and on sale!) through AA.com last January for our October trip last year!! I couldn't believe it! They were perfect times too and only $100. total round trip!

Other than that, we've always flown Delta (and this Nov/Dec; Song) out of Boston.

This year, I booked right at the 330 days out and got $181 per person non-stop through Delta and it's now been switched to Song. Luckily, so far, my flights are just about the same times...I book ASAP because my departuure is Thanksgiving Weekend (Sat).

Song is it. American and US Air got rid of the non stops from Boston. Delta Express is gone from PVD at the end of June. For me it's either Song (No thanks!) or Southwest from PVD. Song used to have a 7:20 AM flight from BOS which would have been perfect but they got rid of it. The earliest you can fly Song from BOS now is 11:35AM. We like to be in Florida by then.

I tend to think that Southwest fares from PVD will be higher than in the past due to the exit of Delta Express from PVD. They will now have the only non stops from PVD to MCO.

I tend to think that Southwest fares from PVD will be higher than in the past due to the exit of Delta Express from PVD. They will now have the only non stops from PVD to MCO.

I tend to disagree with that mainly because Delta Express has always had non stops from Hartford and SWA is still less expensive. SWA does not need to compete, they are about the only airline that is solvent at this point and they like people.

It is lousy and expensive to only have 1 option on any route. The reality of travel life is that there is not enough demand to support all the flights. Same reason SONG cancelled to early morning flight.

Lets all hope the economy improves and they add more flights,
a WIN/WIN for everybody.

Originally posted by dvc guy
It is lousy and expensive to only have 1 option on any route. The reality of travel life is that there is not enough demand to support all the flights. Same reason SONG cancelled to early morning flight.

Lets all hope the economy improves and they add more flights,
a WIN/WIN for everybody.

I don't know about any other flights, but most of the 7:20 am flights Song had out of Boston were full!! They moved all of us over to the 11:35 flight. So, I know the demand for the early am flight is there. Must be some other reason for the cancelllation of that particular flight time.

The reason is that they cancelled the evening frlight from Orlando to Boston which would stay overnight in Boston and become the 7:20AM to Orlando. They took this plane and created an Orlando to San Juan evening flight instead.

It would seem that until the Orlando-San Juan service begins, that Song is indeed running that 7:20am flight out of Boston. And considering that I am currently scheduled on it for 6/27, I sure hope it doesn't change.

I'm sure the demand is there and I would not be surprised to see that 7:20am flight brought back. Song (although part of Delta) is still new and they don't have all their planes reconfigured yet. Maybe once that is done, Boston will see more frequency.

Just my humble opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter