If we bring our own alcohol....

KelseyLaPerle

Mouseketeer
I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my favorite mead from here in VT to Vancouver. If we're ale to pull it off, will we be able to drink it wherever we choice, or does the ship have designated drinking areas?
I know there is a fee if we bring it to our dining table, but was wondering about any other restrictions.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

According to Disney Cruise Line Website:

Answer
Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my favorite mead from here in VT to Vancouver. If we're ale to pull it off, will we be able to drink it wherever we choice, or does the ship have designated drinking areas?
I know there is a fee if we bring it to our dining table, but was wondering about any other restrictions.

Thanks!

DCL asks that you drink any alcohol that you bring on board, in your stateroom or, you can pay the corkage fee and bring a bottle of wine to dinner. :)

lanejudy said:
just had to say :wave2: from VT ... soooo very far away from DCL!

Hi! Getting to Vancouver won't be too bad, and we'll spend the night before the cruise there. Getting home, on the other hand, will be almost 24 hours of non-stop traveling!

Where in VT are you?

Thanks!

A couple of people posted the rules, I'll share with you my experience.

I brought a bottle of rum on board and made drinks that I consumed throughout the ship. I did not brink my own drinks to the MDRs, but I did bring a drink into an adult lounge once. No one batted an eye. I typically mixed my drinks in my room and not out in public. I was very discrete.

I also brought the bottle to Castway Cay and made my own drinks there with soda and juice from the drink stations. Again, no problems.

Enjoy your cruise and your mead!

Mike

I brought a bottle of rum on board and made drinks that I consumed throughout the ship. I did not brink my own drinks to the MDRs, but I did bring a drink into an adult lounge once. No one batted an eye. I typically mixed my drinks in my room and not out in public. I was very discrete.

I also brought the bottle to Castway Cay and made my own drinks there with soda and juice from the drink stations. Again, no problems.

Mike

Yes, in most cases, DCL CMs will not call you out on this (unless you become a problem). But it is against DCLs stated policy.

Mike

I was curious as to whether you could bring your own alcohol to CC or not. I don't remember hearing if it was against the "rules" or not. ;)

Hi! Getting to Vancouver won't be too bad, and we'll spend the night before the cruise there. Getting home, on the other hand, will be almost 24 hours of non-stop traveling!

Where in VT are you?

St. Albans

I was curious as to whether you could bring your own alcohol to CC or not. I don't remember hearing if it was against the "rules" or not. ;)

Technically, the rules indicate you can bring alcohol onboard for consumption in your stateroom, so taking it to CC would be against the rules. That's not to say it doesn't happen, as PP stated.

St. Albans

Technically, the rules indicate you can bring alcohol onboard for consumption in your stateroom, so taking it to CC would be against the rules. That's not to say it doesn't happen, as PP stated.

Yeah, I guess I answered my own question with my previous post. Thanks. :goodvibes

We recently returned from our first Disney cruise and brought alcohol on board. We would make the drink in our room and then put it in a non descript cup and no one would possibly know what was in there. We carried them all over the ship (not to meals however). I was very surprised to see how bold people at the adult pool were. They would go get a soda, bring it over to the adult pool, pull their little bottle of rum out of their pool bag and mix it, right there at the pool. I would be too chicken to do that. If you like mimosas, our favorite thing to do was to order room service the night before for a couple glasses of OJ. We brought the 1 serving champagne bottles and mixed these in our non descript cups and loved having those in the mornings :)

We had room service bring glasses for our wine, which were changed out daily for fresh glasses by the room steward. We took a glass of wine to the shows, for walks around deck, to start dinner (it take FOREVER sometimes between ordering wine and it appearing at the table), we took two bottles to Palo during the afternoon that we asked to be chilled to the proper temperature for our dinner - "no problem." We spent many hours on the veranda with a cheese tray and our own wine, etc. By the way, we were not charged corkage in Palo, but more than made up for that with our tip.

We also ordered the premium wine package for dinners, and drinks by the pool, so it was not just drinking our own stash, but I think that if you are discrete and respectful, you should not have a problem.

Thanks!

Our experience with bringing alcohol on board was very positive. We brought 8 bottles of wine which we carried to each of our dinners and had our servers uncork them. We happily paid the 20 dollar corkage fee for each bottle because we had exactly what we wanted to drink. The cost of any of the bottles we brought on board would have been much more money to buy onboard, that is if they had them, so the corkage fee was painless.

None of us can stop our peers from breaking the rules but I wish they all would be more discreet. Disney can and does change 'rules' all the time.

In my lifetime so many events or laws have been changed because people take advantage or continuously break the rules. It's frustrating as it infringes on all of us...........

Does it need to be brought on board in a factory sealed bottle or can you bring partially consumed bottles or flasks on board?

We brought two flasks on in our carry-on, no one every looked or cared. We did one vanilla rum and one cherry rum for mixing with cokes from the drink stations. We got these cool plastic travel flasks from Bev-Mo that were pretty heavy duty and much lighter than a glass bottle.

Thanks!

We had no problems, Dream Feb 2011 we bought rum in Nassau and mixed rum and cokes in our room and carried them to the pool areas. Mar 2013 Wonder we bought beer in Nassau which we also carried to the pool areas, and we bought a bottle of wine in Key West and brought it to one of the main dining areas to have at dinner. I have to say our assistant server appeared a little suprised, but he bounced right back and we had no problems sharing it amongst the three adults in our party.

I have never taken drinks to the MDR.
But if I get the same horrid service on my next cruise as on my last, I may start and just bring a glass of wine.

(I was willing to buy the glass of wine, they weren't willing to take the order or if they did actually go get the wine. You could have WATER, other beverages were beyond thier skill sets!)

I have never taken drinks to the MDR.
But if I get the same horrid service on my next cruise as on my last, I may start and just bring a glass of wine.

(I was willing to buy the glass of wine, they weren't willing to take the order or if they did actually go get the wine. You could have WATER, other beverages were beyond thier skill sets!)

Perhaps your servers were brining drinks to the MDRs? :rotfl2:

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter