• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If they moved these 5 things from WDW to DL.....I would never need to go to orlando a

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
There are always comparisons between the two parks, and most of us say we love both. But.......is there anyone willing to say that with the addition of 5 things that could magically transported from one coast to the other, you would not feel the need to return to WDW ?Of course one of the things driving this is $$$$, It is much cheaper for us to go to DL.

I will go out on a limb and boldly say, that if DL got

1. Illuminations show
2. Spaceship Earth
3. American Adventure
4. Tomorrowland Transit authority
I would not feel the need to go to WDW.

anyone else ? I will even give you 5 :D

I enjoy both parks pretty much equally, that being said however, I sure agree on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Spaceship Earth! I loved those. I would also add the Beauty and the Beast Show, Mickey's Philharmagic, value and moderate priced resorts! We just did WDW for the first time and I seriously love both parks the way I love my kids: equally as individual works of perfection! I do really wish WDW style resorts existed at Disneyland. Now I really understand the perks of staying onsite and not having to pay $200 a night. Since we have to fly either way and with the way DL is raising AP prices, WDW may get more of our $$$.

There is no TTA at DL??? AKA People mover??? Was that removed or are you saying that WDW's version is better??

Been too long since I was at DL...

Thanks for any clarifacations!

And I would love to see the Matterhorn at WDW lol

Yep, the People Mover was taken out and replaced by the short-lived Rocket Rods.

I think the Beauty and the Beast show started at DL--the show had been at the Fantasyland Theater and I guess got moved to MGM. I'm pretty sure it's the same exact show.

Personally I couldn't pick just 5 things. I want all of Epcot, not just a ride here or a show there. I would also want the Rock n Roller Coaster, and I'll happily take the TTA/People Mover back.

What is the "American Adventure"?

It's an audioanimatronics/film show in Epcot. It's very good.

Five things huh....

1. Epcot (kind of a cheating answer :p )
2. Adventurer's Club
3. O'hana
4. Cinderella's Castle
5. Rockin Roller Coaster

1. All of Epcot, including the restaurants (cheating)
2. Kilamajaro Safari
3. Festival of the Lion King
4. WDW moderate and deluxe resorts (they can keep the All Stars)
5. Fireworks cruises

Now what if we could do it the other way?

1. Mattahorn
2. Dessert buffet for Fantasmic
3. Indiana Jones ride (although I think that is slated to replace the current stunt show in a couple of years)
4. .... I'm running out of ideas, here. It's been a long time since i"ve been to Disneyland.

Originally posted by FOJMO
What is the "American Adventure"?

It's a pavillion at EPCOT. The main attraction is an amazing animotronic/film depicting the history of the USA. They also do live musical productions with early American songs. Outisde is a garden pavillion that hosts some live musical shows and a drum and bugle corp. The only drawback is the fast food restaurant, which is truly awful. Compared to the many excellent restaurants at Epcot, it is a pitiful considering we are the host country at EPCOT. Somethng along the lines of the LIberty Tree Tavern, a colonial-style sit down restaurant at the Magic Kindgom would have been a better choice.

I really wish that Disneyland still had the peoplemover... i always wanted to ride the one there. I guess i never will :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter