If photos are important to you do you use a camera or phone?

I have made 16 x 20 prints from the X, I see very little problems in those big prints, nice for a phone

Jack

I used to take my camera but I got tired of packing it around. I’ve been happy with my iPhone pics so now I just stick with that.

I was sad when the trend was to go digital that everyone stopped making photo albums, so I pledged to keep up with photo books. The pic quality just isn’t amazing at that size from my phone, acceptable when I’m without my camera, but not great. For special occasions/trips, we carry a decent point and shoot. Better than iPhone and not as cumbersome as a DSLR.

I carry a mirrorless Sony. It's much smaller than a DSLR, but can still interchange lenses and takes fantastic photos. There is no comparison of a real camera to a phone when taking photos of shows or at night. I agree that for most people's desires, the phone on a camera is perfectly fine. But so often, I see people (either here or other boards) post what they think is a GREAT photo from a phone that is actually blurry and grainy and clearly phone quality. Which is fine, but it's not a great photo.

I carry a mirrorless Sony. It's much smaller than a DSLR, but can still interchange lenses and takes fantastic photos. There is no comparison of a real camera to a phone when taking photos of shows or at night. I agree that for most people's desires, the phone on a camera is perfectly fine. But so often, I see people (either here or other boards) post what they think is a GREAT photo from a phone that is actually blurry and grainy and clearly phone quality. Which is fine, but it's not a great photo.
Completely agree. I always carry my DSLR with me regardless of the weight of the gear. Great photos are important to me. I took my iPhone with me for a few days at WDW and thought the images looked great but when I got home I was disappointed with them and never go back to look at them. The images I captured on my Canon 6d I will look back at all the time. Just a personal preference of mine and I take photography seriously. From all my vacations/adventures I usually print my work and hang it up on a wall at the house. These are treasures to me and seriously more important that a souvenir I might have purchased.

The title of this thread is if photos are important to you. So obviously you would want the best equipment to get the best images, right?

Phone pics suck unless it's in bright light and the subject is close. I rock a DSLR with 3-5 lens for a reason.

When you're on rides, especially water rides, how do you keep your camera safe? My purse was all over the place on Guardians. I can't imagine how much I'd worry if I had my "good" camera.

I have a pro-sumer body. It's water resistant. I've got a LOT of great pics on both GRR and Splash.

I would also like to say that Park and Family photography is so important to me that when my screen on my camera failed on my last trip I immediately called around, found a D750 to rent at Fullerton Camera, ubered up there and back so I could continue my park experience with my DSLR.

I take phone and my DSLR
In a crossbody bag
I usually take 1000 to 1300 photos per trip (2 days)
And make fun Shutterfly books
The big camera only during the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter