if money was no object...where would you stay

I've always wanted to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club. Grand Floridian would be next in line of preference.

I'm torn between club level WL or Poly, I think I would chose CL WL during the holidays, just sounds and looks awesome, oh to dream:)

Fort Wilderness Cabins or the Treehouse Villas. Fort Wilderness won out on this trip because of the boat to MK. I didn't really worry about the room cost when booking, but I love the home away from home and the private BBQ grill that both offer.

We just got back from 5 nights at the World and we all can't wait to go back! We stayed off-site but had a nice clean hotel and great affordable buffet breakfast most mornings (except character breakfast morning at animal kingdom) and we payed alot for cabs (shuttle was there but not super convenient) and we paid ALOT for food because we had no dining plan.
can't help but think that if I got a windfall where I would stay and where I would eat (I figure if I stayed on-site the dining plan would make alot of sense)
Curious to hear your answers and it doesn't have to be the most expensive place (it can) but where you would honestly stay if you had every available option.

The Castle suite for a night or a suite at the Poly for the whole trip (do they even have those?). Club level specifically at the Poly but only in a suite.

This sounds silly but I'm staying exactly where I want to. We're doing a split stay between the THV and AKV SV. pixiedust:

I stayed at the Poly the first time I went to Disney a million years ago when I was in fifth grade and there were only three in park hotels on the monorail. I've always wanted to stay there again but it's WAY out of our value/mod budget, at least right now. I hope to in the future. My husband and I have talked about going for a few days alone and doing that - but I would never have the heart to go to WDW without my DD5, especially when at this age she's still so in love with it. Honestly though, I think if it came down to it I would stay at the BWI - I haven't stayed there before and love the proximity to Epcot and the WS, which is my favorite part of Disney.

I'd buy a house in Golden Oak! ;)

If I couldn't afford that, I'd stay Club level TP View at the Contemporary or any suite at YC/BC.

catho72 said:
I'd buy a house in Golden Oak! ;)

If I couldn't afford that, I'd stay Club level TP View at the Contemporary or any suite at YC/BC.

A 2 bedroom suite, anywhere, so the kids have their own space.

2 bedroom suite at BLT, tp view. If they have club level there, I'd add that to the mix.

Other choice would be a suite at club level at any of the deluxe spots.

REALLY would love to stay CL sometime. A gal can dream. pixiedust:

No question: Poly :)

I would love to stay there.

So far we have stayed at AKL, WL and POR Princess Room. We are going back in December to POR in another princess room- although if I had more $$ it would be AKL. The difference in price I can't justify....

But if I had all the $$ in the world it would be Poly hands down

The Walt Disney suite in the Grand Floridian!

i don't know what this is, but it sounds like the most expensive room ever so this is where i'd stay! LOL

either way though, the grand floridian for sure, it is just so fancy and actually, because of this board, i want to stay at each resort at least once

We've done most already and my favorites are GF RPC TPV when it's just my husband and I and a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at Kidani when the kids are with us.

Grand Floridian with a view of the castle - maybe one of the huge suites like I remember Oprah having when she took her entire audience to WDW :D I remember she had a grand piano in her room.

We just got back from 5 nights at the World and we all can't wait to go back! We stayed off-site but had a nice clean hotel and great affordable buffet breakfast most mornings (except character breakfast morning at animal kingdom) and we payed alot for cabs (shuttle was there but not super convenient) and we paid ALOT for food because we had no dining plan.
can't help but think that if I got a windfall where I would stay and where I would eat (I figure if I stayed on-site the dining plan would make alot of sense)
Curious to hear your answers and it doesn't have to be the most expensive place (it can) but where you would honestly stay if you had every available option.

Beach Club every time because of the location being so close to Epcot (IG to WS and all the wonderful restaurants and fun entertainment, especially), Boardwalk, and boat to MGM. Yep, it's our dream resort because of the dream location.

:goodvibes

I would stay 4 nights at Poly CL, 5 Nights at YC CL, 1 night in the Walt Disney room in the castle, and 4 nights at Portafino Bay Universal.

Yeah, that about covers it.

pixiedust:

My first response to this question is usually either a big suite like the Yellowstone Suite at WL or one of the suites at the Grand Floridian (although I'm less excited about the GF views). But today my first thought was a Grand Villa at Saratoga Springs. We love Saratoga Springs, but the 2 BRs are too small for us. :crowded: I figured the Grand Villa would have space for us, but also the lovely relaxed feel of SSR, as well as a nice view of DTD.

Soooo, I looked up the Saratoga Springs Grand Villas, and they only have one yinky dink porch/balcony. Even the two bedrooms have two! :confused3 Love that resort, hate the units; got a total split personality, that place. :sad2:

Anyhow, with Saratoga Springs out of the running, I'm thinking one of the one-story Boardwalk Grand Villas, preferably on the corner with the windows over the "village green" kinda space in the middle. ;) The Boardwalk Grand Villas (or at least some of them) have a balcony that runs the length of the place (and if they don't, they have multiple little ones). :thumbsup2 The kitchen's too small for me, since I prefer to eat in most meals, but if money's no object I'd hire someone to do a grocery/restaurant to-go food run every day, so storage would be less of an issue. :teeth:

The AKL Grand Villas are tempting, though. Nice big porches, view of the animals, nice layout, great resort, better kitchen than Boardwalk's. The ones at Jambo have the bigger porches and are one level; the ones at Kidani have smaller porches and are two stories. The ones at Jambo are closer to the action, but the ones at Kidani are quieter. Maybe I'd toss a coin -- AKL or BW? -- and then I'd toss it again if I got AKL to decide which half. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter