If I was to buy through timeshare store what use year?

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

If we wanted to by a small HH contract @ the timeshare store. What would be a good use year? Here is my current info: BCV 210 points & Feb. UY. We usually travel during early summer (May). Thanks, BTW, look @ my countdown.... :)

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03

The only real significance of UY comes into play if you ever have to cancel a ressie last minute. You want to be sure you are still within your 100% banking window. Feb UY for May travel would be fine.

I was told you have to have the same use uear for all your packages. So im guessing you need a HH with Feb UY. Is this not correct?

UY has to be the same only if you are purchasing through Disney DVC. Then all contracts have to have the same year.

When you purchase a resale, you can almost choose your UY.

I am in the process of buying OKW for September. My original contract with DVC is BCV for August.

Hi,

Thanks for all your replys. What I hear you saying, is try & get a FEB or maybe a March?? Thanks!

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03

Let me get this str.

If I am headed back in December and I wanted to add 100 pts. BUt, now that BCV are sold out.....

I will get the same UY for the added points?

Can someone please confirm that with me...

Thanks

Originally posted by Habs_Fan
Let me get this str.

If I am headed back in December and I wanted to add 100 pts. BUt, now that BCV are sold out.....

I will get the same UY for the added points?

Can someone please confirm that with me...

Thanks
If you buy from DVC and less than 150, it is either the same use year or NOTHING. For December of this year, that likely means nothing. If you want to buy from DVC, put yourself on the waiting list now. For resale it doesn't matter but is more convenient to be the same use year.

I have two use years, I bought a second contract from the Timeshare Store and I don't find it very difficult to keep track of other than when I call to make a reservation. They are at different resorts so I have to make sure they take the points from the right place and apply them they way I want them to. I wouldn't recommend more than two use years though. I can see where it would get confusing when keeping track of the points and also for booking reservations.

If you can, see if you can get the same use year though. It will keep it simple for you.

Maybe I was not clear... Or at least. I have mixed thoughts now.

We have 200 pts at BCV with a Oct UY. We wanted to add a 100 pts, but with BCV sold out we now have to add to SSR. Is that correct?

Or can we get on a list for 100 pts at BCV?

It is our first year as DVC, so we are still trying to get all the little things figured out.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

I thought your question was clear. I also thought Dean answered it for you. As for your second and third questions, here you go...

No that is not correct. You can add at any resort, just not through Disney. You can purchase contracts on the resale market, although finding on for 100 points will be harder at BCV because it is a new resort and there probably are not many if any resales for them.

Disney might have a list, you could call your sales rep and they will be able to tell you if there is a list and they can put you on it. Of course, since your rep will want to sell you points they may make it sound like it is a lost cause to put your name on the list so that they can sell you points at SSR.

If you really want BCV, I would call a couple of resale brokers and give them your name. When they have something, they will call you. And also call DVC and have your name put on the list (if it exists) Sometimes people stop the purchase process and magically points appear out of nowhere. It happened to me when I told my guide I was going to purchase a resale and 1/2 an hour later the 50 points I wanted became available. Don't be afraid to push your guide a little, they will push you if they get the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter