If I have to cancel question

Salf777

Mouseketeer
I’m drawing a complete blank. If I book a 2023 vacation for March using my 2023 points (February use year) and have to cancel when do I have to cancel by so that those points go back into regular use so that if I have to can bank them?
thanks

I’m drawing a complete blank. If I book a 2023 vacation for March using my 2023 points (February use year) and have to cancel when do I have to cancel by so that those points go back into regular use so that if I have to can bank them?
thanks
It’s cancel 31 or more days before the reservation for the points to go back to their regular status & not into holding. To bank you need to do so in the first 8 months of your use year, so w/ a Feb. use year you’d need to bank by the end of Sept. 2023 for your ‘23 points.

I'm thinking of cancelling two days off the end of my next trip that starts in January 2023. The days I would be cancelling are in February 2023, I used points that I will receive in December 2022. If I cancel the two days do the points go back to my 2022 use year or 2023? I looked on the DVC member site and it says the following:

31 days or more before check-in: If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.

I have never cancelled before so I'm not completely clear on how this works. Thanks in advance.

The points are from YOUR 2022 UY (since your UY begins in Dec). So, they would go back into your Dec 2022 UY.

The points are from YOUR 2022 UY (since your UY begins in Dec). So, they would go back into your Dec 2022 UY.

OK thanks, that makes sense but that's not exactly what it says on the DVC member site.

Cancellations 31 days or more before check-in: If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.

Kind of confusing.

The reservation falls within your 2022 use year. Your 2022 use year is Dec 1, 2022 - Nov 30, 2023.

ETA: To clarify, UY has nothing to do with what the actual current year is, it has to do with when the points became available to you,

Thanks I now understand. I have owned DVC for 22 years, this is something I should have known. I appreciate your help. :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter