If I Buy Airfare Now- and the price goes down later?

CheapMom

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about buying some airfare now for an October trip because we have to book way ahead of time to use our FF miles. We will have 3 free tickets and we will have to buy the other two tickets. The price is pretty high right now and I am almost certain that it will come down by at least $60 per ticket (probably sometime in the summer.)

If the airfare comes down for a flight that I have already booked and paid for- can I call and get the new discounted price?

This is USAirways- (I am aware of their problems)

You might be able to... It never hurts to ask! We've purchased tickets on AA twice in the past just to see the price go down after we bought them. My DH checked in with them and they issued us vouchers for the difference. It's not quite the same as getting actual $$ back, but the vouchers were good for a year, and we were able to apply them to another flight.

Most times there is a change fee of between $50-$100 per ticket....

Same thing here Last year we did the waiting game and I had to apply for a voucher it was worth 99 dollars,
now planning a trip in may and my voucher expires on 23rd of this month
I know i'm cutting it close but fares went up from yesterday so I guess I'll check back maybe on monday to see how it goes hey vouchers arent money but they do help

Thanks everyone. I am still undecided on what I am going to do but this information is very helpful to me.
:flower:

Hi

I would wait. It used to be that they would give you a voucher for the difference. Song/Delta now charges $25 to change the ticket. I just had a price go down $45 and 25 of it went to the fee. Delta said that this started a few months ago and they are getting complaints and maybe they'll go back to not charging but I don't see that happening. :sad2:

TTFN

Jetsetter90

Usair change rules

After the initial reservation, cancellations or changes are permitted for up to 24 hours; after 24 hours, tickets become nonrefundable. Unless otherwise stated in the fare rules of your ticket: if the entire reservation is canceled on/before the scheduled date of travel, the ticket will retain value and can be used toward another nonrefundable ticket less a $100 ($200 for Europe) US Airways administration fee, up to one year after its original issue date. New travel must originate within one year from date of issue. Any subsequent changes to the exchanged tickets will incur at minimum an additional $100 ($200 for Europe) fee. If the reservation is not canceled on/before the original travel date, the entire ticket will have no further value. Tickets are non-transferable.

Same day standby travel on non-refundable fares on US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express will be permitted with the following fees:

Within domestic U.S. - $25USD

US Airways Shuttle - $25USD

U.S. to/from Canada - $25USD/$40CAD

American now charges 50.00 to give you a voucher :( It's ridiculous... anyhow, fares for October should drop mid-July... How much are tickets from your area? If you are considering using 25,000 miles for a free ticket when you can get the ticket for 140.00, that's not a great use of miles... for 35,000 miles you can go to Hawaii :) For 75,000 miles we're going back to Australia!

Anyhow, we need October flights also... I know they'll go way down mid-summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter