If I book Dec. 4 - 10.. what do you think?

jgperkin

DIS Veteran
If I book Dec. 4 - Dec. 10, 2013 what do you think my chances are for some sort of discount? I would love free dining but not sure if I will land that or not? What do you think?

I'm sure they'll be some sort of discount - not sure if they'll be doing public FD any longer though. But something should be out.

Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but we've booked R/O for that same approximate period and were already able to apply a AAA discount. Certainly happy to get it, but will be keeping a sharp eye out for future discounts.

Good luck! :goodvibes

Why book so far in advance without a discount? The is no benefit to it.i too am looking to go around that time, but refuse to book unless a discount comes. The more people that book...the more rooms filled...less likely for discounts. Everyone counts!

jgperkin said:
If I book Dec. 4 - Dec. 10, 2013 what do you think my chances are for some sort of discount? I would love free dining but not sure if I will land that or not? What do you think?

We book in advance too for budgeting purposes And then hope for discounts but we will go regardless. That said I am not seeing free dining as frequently as during previous years. It seems like Disney is pulling back on discounts but t could just be my perception.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Why book so far in advance without a discount? The is no benefit to it.i too am looking to go around that time, but refuse to book unless a discount comes. The more people that book...the more rooms filled...less likely for discounts. Everyone counts!

Lots of people will go regardless if a discount comes out or not.

Disney factors in the percentage of rooms booked that will cancel if no discount is offered. They're pretty good at this :rotfl:

aaarcher86 said:
Lots of people will go regardless if a discount comes out or not.

Disney factors in the percentage of rooms booked that will cancel if no discount is offered. They're pretty good at this :rotfl:

I agree just because rooms are saved doesn't mean people will pay them off without a discount and Disney has to factor that in. Anyone can book and put a deposit down that doesn't mean they will or can pay them off in time. So I am sure they look at all factors.

Possibly for the first half; but not for the second.

Pop Warner is the first full week beginning Saturday, in December, so that would be the 7th through the 14th; there is never any discounts offered over Pop Warner week that I have seen in the past several years.

Possibly for the first half; but not for the second.

Pop Warner is the first full week beginning Saturday, in December, so that would be the 7th through the 14th; there is never any discounts offered over Pop Warner week that I have seen in the past several years.

but a discount like free dining is good for the whole stay as long as it's offered on the first day of the stay

but a discount like free dining is good for the whole stay as long as it's offered on the first day of the stay

Yes. Room discounts though are only good for the nights you are actually staying during the discount.

The S/P/D discount works the same as a room discount, which is allegedly the new public dining discount.

Given Disney's recent history there will probably some sort of code that comes out. Whether or not it provides a discount for your particular room type or resort is not a given, but being the holidays there more than likely will be something.

Better to book now and assure your dates than wait and find out no availability.

Well, as said upthread, Pop Warner starts Dec 7th. Those dates have been excluded from significant discounts for several years. There is a bounceback offer currently being reported on other threads. The Dec dates for the bounceback are Nov 30- Dec 4 & Dec 15-19. That's certainly not a guarantee that future discounts won't be offered for your dates, but I don't think it looks good. Apparently Disney doesn't think it will have trouble filling the resorts Dec 4-14th. If you qualify for AAA, that might end up being the only discount available. Good luck!

This past year we were there Dec1-3 which was Pop Warner and parade taping and still got a discount. Obviously not as good as value season but about 20-25%.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter