If every day of the year cost the same number of points,

If DVC charged the same number of points for each day of the year, when would you go?

• January to mid-February

• Spring Break (not Easter or Pres Day weeks) mid-Feb to mid-April

• Mid-April to mid-June (not Memorial Day week)

• Summer - mid-June to mid-August (not July4 week)

• Mid-August to end of September (not Labor Day week)

• Food & Wine - October to mid November

• Mid-November to week b4 Xmas (not Thx)

• Christmas/New year's Holiday weeks

• Thanksgiving week

• Easter weeks

• One of the other Holiday weeks

• Long weekend visits - as many as we could work in

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
when would you choose to go?

I'm just wondering how much the point system influences our choice of vacation dates.

Since many of us go more than once, just vote for the time you absolutely would not want to miss.

Sorry about some of the choices - had to combine them as the max number of options was 12.

I doubt my vacation plans would change significantly. We usually go in early December, partly because it is a cheaper season, but also because all the decorations are up, the parks are less crowded than during school Christmas break, and we enjoy MVMCP. Our other usual trip time has been during GayDays in early June. We used to go in late May, but the park hours were not the best and later June is too hot and crowded. WE went once in September, it was OK, but it seemed to be "love bug" season.

I would always go sometime during the Flower and Garden festival, and that's what I voted for. However, we will always go for the Christmas decorations as well.

Bobbi:D

I voted Oct / Nov, only because of the crowds. We do not pick our dates based on the points. We all of the different schedules we have in this family we have to go by when everyone is available. At one time summer was when we went, but now DH has banned going to Florida in the summer....LOL...

Denise

Teacher here... gotta vote summer. Spring Break and Christmas would work, too. But summer would be first choice.

I voted for long weekend because my schedule is based on a school schedule. I often however get emails from Continental with last minute (tuesday for Friday) air from Newark to Orlando for $100-$150. I would go if weekend points weren't so high.

JMHO
Sandy

I am one who doesn't watch what season it is. We usually pick dates and make plans.

We even stay over weekends only because we hate moving.

C.

When we go is not impacted/constrained by our points asset - it is constrained by DW's holidays (a teacher) and school schedules - of course, we would probably do more back to back weekend stays (9 or 10 nights) if weekend point premiums were not so high. In that case though, we may not be to afford 9-10 night stays as of course the points would need to be balanced onto the weekdays and make those more "expensive"

thanks
jaysue

Currently, we always go in the middle of the summer because of school.

But I would prefer to go in the Spring & again in September or October.::MickeyMo

The amount of points doesn't really change our vacation dates because I'm a teacher who also works summer school. The last 2 weeks of August are our only real option. I avoid the other school vacation times because of the park crowds and one week vacation doesn't really give us time to drive and have a vacation. However, if the points per day were all the same, we would definately extend our stay to include the weekends on either end of the vacation.

We are more affected by crowds and weather than point costs. So we go in October and probably would continue to.

The amount of points have no effect on when we go, and I hope they do not have on anyone else. We all should be well off enough so that points spent for the time of year have very little meaning. :wave2:

Our vacation pattern is not based on points... it's based on the school calendar.

We go in early June. Our school district finishes on Memorial Day weekend... Central Florida seems to finish up mid June.

Then we go at Thanksgiving. Kids usually get the week off. Christmas week we visit family in Toronto.

I think many buy points to suite their vacation pattern, not the other way around.

I voted long weekends.....but would also like to go for my dd's birthdays in early March. A 2 week visit in a 2br at that time is more points than we can manage. The girls' birthdays are the 3rd and 13th. I also like to go for my birthday but don't because of the points....(4/23). We can usually get a good cash deal for dh's birthday (7/26) but don't really like that time of year. Ds has the best birthdate as far as points go...jan. 28!

I voted mid-April to mid-June because I also love the Flower & Garden Festival. However, I would probably be very tempted to do long weekends in addition to my week in May every year. :)

We usually go in January or December, and I still chose January, since that is our favorite. We like the smaller crowds and the fact that, no matter what the weather, it is warmer than home!

I did not vote because the amount of pts per day/season is not a factor in our DVC trips. Myself along with assorted/ varied family members and friends, are at a DVC resort (most often BWV) on an average of at least once every 3-4 months. So the seasonal pts are never a deciding factor in our trips.
If I had to pick a time of year that I am ALWAYS at WDW it would be during the Food & Wine Festival. I absolutely love this time at WDW.
If ALL DVC pts were made the same amount of pts per night regardless of resort/season//day of the week etc- it would most certainly not be a correct distribution of WDW/DVC pts-- by any stretch of the imagination!!!! However if by the very, very, very remote chance this were ever to happen-- the biggest advantage to us would be for our stays at BWV booked at 7 months or less. ESPECIALLY for standard or boardwalk view villas. As a BWV owner--I sincerely hope the evening out of all all DVC pts regardless of resort, view or villa---will NEVER happen!!!!! BWV's allocation of standard pts/views and guaranteed boardwalk view villas is a BIG plus that NO other DVC resort offers to their members. To value all DVC pts the same regardless of resort, time of year, etc., would be a very far cry away from the accurate value for the majority of the WDW DVC resorts.

If the points were the same we would for sure go for two weeks if not more during the christmas season. Dh is a christmas nut when it comes to decorations, he just can never get enough. Since we wouldnt use our points all up then we would also go in March and October.

No change for us - something about winter in New England just begs for Florida! Trips in January and March and occasionally in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter