If booked originally on deck 2 & 5? Were you moved?

We found that was best in Edge FOR SURE so I'm going to encourage her to do the same for Vibe. At least in Edge, they had a sort of Villains vs. Heroes thing going on that first day, I think in the afternoon maybe? So I will probably have her hit both. Hopefully the meet and greets are staggered.

I think ultimately, it's going to come down to the friends she makes on Day 1. She does seem to have more preference for hanging out with kids slightly younger than she is. She's in 8th grade and her two best friends are in 7th. She's not necessarily immature, but her interests skew slightly younger. Not sure if that's my fault (we are pretty strict about devices and social media) or some aspect of her unique school/gym situation. She's a competitive gymnast spending 25 hours/week training in a group of various aged girls and she goes to a tiny private school with mixed age classrooms (right now she's in the 7th/8th grouping). Anyway, I think that may be part of the hesitance of going to Vibe. I think the older kids slightly intimidate her.
They had the Villians vs Hero’s in Vibe too! Both our kids chose Villians 🤣. Our son tends to gravitate towards younger kiddos too (mainly due to his ASD) but he was fine all week in Vibe on the Fantasy. I think they make things really fun and there isn’t much pressure on the kids. E met a ton of kids and really enjoyed himself. I hope it’s the same for your daughter!

We’re on June 18th Med sailing on Magic and just got email moving us from 2504. No explanation other than a need to ”adjust”. We specifically got up at the crack of dawn to book that cabin over a year ago. It was specifically for location and size. So bummed! I replied and asked for more details and just got a reply that it’s “out of order”.

There looks to be a lot of balconies still available. Any chance we get upgraded to balcony when we get aboard?

We are booked in an inside stateroom on deck 5 aft on the Magic for the October sailing out of NY. I recently looked and we are one of only 6 staterooms total booked on deck 5 aft that includes all categories of staterooms back there. I have a strong feeling if more rooms are not booked they are going to move us. I can’t see them having housekeeping just clean 6 rooms back there when they can move us to a closer set of rooms they have to clean.

Last edited:
We’re on June 18th Med sailing on Magic and just got email moving us from 2504. No explanation other than a need to ”adjust”. We specifically got up at the crack of dawn to book that cabin over a year ago. It was specifically for location and size. So bummed! I replied and asked for more details and just got a reply that it’s “out of order”.

There looks to be a lot of balconies still available. Any chance we get upgraded to balcony when we get aboard?
Recently on the Disney Wonder (same ship layout) they have been using Deck 2 Forward rooms as quarantine zones. If they are doing the same on the Magic, I would assume this was why you were moved.

Recently on the Disney Wonder (same ship layout) they have been using Deck 2 Forward rooms as quarantine zones
We're Deck 2 Mid and leaving in just over 2 weeks, I've pretty much given up that we'll be moved and actually, we're in a really nice spot, so I'm not going to worry too much (but I'll still see if there's a good upgrade at the port).

We're Deck 2 Mid and leaving in just over 2 weeks, I've pretty much given up that we'll be moved and actually, we're in a really nice spot, so I'm not going to worry too much (but I'll still see if there's a good upgrade at the port).
Same. Not really wanting to move anyway, though DW just told me she's going to ask for port upgrades and “gift” them to me if she decides to splurge.

They have been using Deck 2 Midship and Aft on the Wonder recently. Forward is the area they are using for other purposes so you probably will get your room. But stuff changes rapidly so you never know I suppose.

We sail in 8 days on the wonder and are deck 2 aft and we are still assigned to our cabin. I hope we can keep it! If they move us I would hope for a verandah room but if it's to another Oceanview I prefer where we are.

For info, in the Magic the “covid” area is deck 2 between Mid and Forward elevators, portside and starboard (2x16 staterooms).
Edited to clarify it's also DK5 Aft Starboard, 22 staterooms. So 54 staterooms total.

Last edited:
For info, in the Magic the “covid” area is deck 2 between Mid and Forward elevators, portside and starboard (2x16 staterooms).
Edited to clarify it's also DK5 Aft Starboard, 22 staterooms. So 54 staterooms total.
Booked for September on Magic on the 2 Aft Oceanview, not moved (yet).

Do they use two areas, so that you can stay in the same category if you need to isolate?

Booked for September on Magic on the 2 Aft Oceanview, not moved (yet).

Do they use two areas, so that you can stay in the same category if you need to isolate?
No they eventually used the entire ship for the Magic’s 13 night transatlantic sailing. They just didn’t move people after a while. We noticed rooms with dishes in the hall for every meal. (Covid sufferers) But we had a longer cruise so it was going to pass around easily in tighter quarters. Probably won’t happen often like that.

They don't seem to be moving people as much now, at least on our 7/21 Fantasy 9 night. If everyone in your cabin was quarantining, then they let you stay in your cabin. That's what happened to us; we stayed in our deck 9 verandah cabin. I didn't hear of any passengers being moved to 2 from a different deck. People were moved to different decks and room types if everyone was not quarantining. I did hear of one member of our cruise group who was on deck 2 having to move to a different cabin on deck 2 during the cruise. Supposedly, a lot of deck 2 was blocked off. It seems they are using deck 2 for crew quarantining mostly. I did hear of one person getting moved to a verandah from a non-verandah room. I didn't hear of anyone being downgraded, but it could have happened.

Assuming they don’t move concierge guests though. A friend of ours sailed last week and the entire party was quarantined in their concierge room for the remainder of the trip.

We’re on the WBTA next month and we were just moved today. Went from deck 2 to deck 5, right above the Walt Disney Theatre… 😩

We’re on the WBTA next month and we were just moved today. Went from deck 2 to deck 5, right above the Walt Disney Theatre… 😩
We've been above the WD Theatre twice now on deck 5 (Dream and Fantasy) and really never heard anything. One day we heard what we assume was either a sound check for the variety act that was coming up that night or a rehearsal or something, but it wasn't super loud. I just sort of was aware of it generally in the background. At night we were either at dinner or at the show. We skipped the show one night and couldn't hear it in the room at all, which was surprising.

Honestly, we loved those rooms. Super happy with deck 5 forward.

Well I would love that because after the second show there’s usually no noise from that theater. The only time it’s ever used is for a premiere after the second show.

We got an email yesterday that the cabin we've been assigned on deck 2 was being moved and upgraded to a cabin on deck 5. The issue was we only have one cruise reservation open, The reservation number listed in the email isn't that reservation,that reservation is still showing just a GTY (we've never been assigned a room yet), the cruise it is talking about is on the Wonder (the cruise we have booked is on the Wish), and the cruise it reference leaves in.....September 2033 (yep, 2033). My travel agent called Disney and they are looking into it but they couldn't figure out an answer on the phone. No idea if it's just email or not!

We got an email yesterday that the cabin we've been assigned on deck 2 was being moved and upgraded to a cabin on deck 5. The issue was we only have one cruise reservation open, The reservation number listed in the email isn't that reservation,that reservation is still showing just a GTY (we've never been assigned a room yet), the cruise it is talking about is on the Wonder (the cruise we have booked is on the Wish), and the cruise it reference leaves in.....September 2033 (yep, 2033). My travel agent called Disney and they are looking into it but they couldn't figure out an answer on the phone. No idea if it's just email or not!
Remember when Disney was the Standard of Excellence that everyone strive to achieve? Well that ship left port and has been replaced by leaking twin rowboats Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter