If an ADR with fewer guests than you need becomes available

minoh

Somewhere over the rainbow
If someone posts that they're cancelling an ADR for 3 people but you need it to be 8, is there any way to reserve and then add in those extra people? Or is that not possible?

I'm guessing not but am hopeful just in case :duck:

my opinion, grab the one with less people and keep trying get to find another with a few as well.
ie: you have 8 people, but you find an ADR for 4... Grab it and keep looking for another one for 4 OR see if you can nab 2 more ADRs for 2. All around the same time frame.
If you all show up together and your ADRs are within the same time frame (say half hour) you will probably get seated together.
Just my humble opinion.

You could take the reservation for 3, but you will need to continue looking for a reservation for the rest of your party for the same or very close to the same time. You can call and see if the reservation can be modified, but there has to be availability and at the more popular restaurants or during busy times that will be unlikely. Everyone in your party will need a reservation to be certain they will be seated. If you show up at the restaurant with extra people not on your reservation they could be turned away.

If you are able to find a second reservation for the rest of your party you can request to be seated together when you check in at the restaurant. It is only a request, but since you would need an 8 top table it might not be possible because there are only a limited number of large tables in the restaurants. You might have to wait longer or you might be seated at separate tables.

my opinion, grab the one with less people and keep trying get to find another with a few as well.
ie: you have 8 people, but you find an ADR for 4... Grab it and keep looking for another one for 4 OR see if you can nab 2 more ADRs for 2. All around the same time frame.
If you all show up together and your ADRs are within the same time frame (say half hour) you will probably get seated together.
Just my humble opinion.

that really depends on the restaurant...
some simply have very few tables that can accommodate large groups....so showing up with 4 ADRs for 2 people each won't be worth a hill of beans...

I missed out on that ADR anyway, so will just wait to see if I find one for the whole group. Thanks for all the input, though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter