Ideas for thing to do in Barcelona before the Adventure Starts 9 Sept???

wdwtheplacetobe

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....
We are set to go to Spain. Woooohooooo!!! I am looking for something we need to see that is not on the Tour in Barcelona for a couple of days. I am looking at the Zoo as a possibility, but what else???

There is also a Chocolate Museum.

Thanks for Info in Advance!

Our favorite things to do in Barcelona were Casa Batllo, the Gothic Quarter, going out to the beach area in the evening to eat, seeing the fountain. We also enjoyed going out to Montserrat but that takes up most of the day.

BTW, I'm considering the Spain ABD myself. I've been to Barcelona a few times for cruises but nowhere else in Spain.

Our favorite things to do in Barcelona were Casa Batllo, the Gothic Quarter, going out to the beach area in the evening to eat, seeing the fountain. We also enjoyed going out to Montserrat but that takes up most of the day.

BTW, I'm considering the Spain ABD myself. I've been to Barcelona a few times for cruises but nowhere else in Spain.

C'mon in September! It sounds like a terrific trip!

I have looked into the Casa Batllo and also the Casa Mila. They seem to be close to the Hotel Fuster. The Arc de Triomf looks interesting as well. What Fountain? Anything like Trevi in Rome?

If you can, do the night tour of Casa Mila (La Pedrera). They do a spectacular light/laser show on the structure of the roof.

Here is an Idea .... Depending on your Extra Time.

Take a Train or Coach trip to Andora ...... another different country & well worth a visit

It is not far. from Barcelona

I was driving from Lourdes , in France , through Cattalonia & joined the Barcelona / Andora road &

we stayed in Andora for 3 days .

Did Spain last year and yes, Casa Batillo and Casa Mila are very close to Hotel Fuster. Easy walk.

Do the Gothic Quarter too. Also pretty walkable. I enjoyed the hop on hop off Bus too.

Montserrat is a definite trip outside the city. It is a day trip to the mountains to see the thousand year old monastery and church built into the mountain. The hop on and hop off bus is great and they have plug ins with narration on what you are seeing as you pass bye. Just to walk the Las Ramblas and check out all the markets and tapas places is a wonderful relaxing stroll. Sit along the water and enjoy the Med.. What an enchanting city Barcelona you will fall in love as many on these boards will attest who have traveled there. Eyewitness Travel has a great book on Barcelona you can purchase and use to explore. Very travel friendly.

I concur on the hop-on/hop-off bus. It really will get you all over Barcelona, and has a wonderful commentary to go along with it.

And I also concur on the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc. It's a wonderful old dancing fountain, and the whole area is gorgeous.

P1010642.jpg

Sayhello

Another Idea

Port Adventura World ..... With New ... Ferrari Land

3 Fun Parks 5 Hotels & 3 Golf Courses On The Mediterranean Sea

We have not done the ABD Spain yet, but it looks great!
We spent a few days in Barcelona a few years ago. We thought Montserrat was very cool - that is a day trip.
We also really enjoyed the HoHo bus - lots of different stops. We liked La Pedrera a lot.
La Boqueria Market is very famous and fun for a look.
There are some amazing places in the Gothic quarter for hot chocolate

I'd add Park Guell to the list of things that others have mentioned. It's on the HOHO bus route. Also highly recommend the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc.

I'd add Park Guell to the list of things that others have mentioned. It's on the HOHO bus route. Also highly recommend the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc.
Park Guell is on the Tour...So we don't have to hit it before!

Take a train to the seaside relax wander the countryside ..... as I pointed out

take the short train ride to The Principality of Andorra ( A small Country ) & buy the Tax free Goods

Hire a car & drive the hundred & fifty miles to get there It is Different .

If you decide to take a trip outside the city, I can highly recommend the Codorniu Cava Winery. They also have a full day tour that includes Montserrat.

Even though we are not doing a Spain ABD (but doing a Danube River cruise in July with ABD) I am loving all these suggestions for Barcelona!!! We were there for a pre-cruise night last September before our DCL transatlantic back to NY but was so exhausted did not do anything but crash by the pool at the hotel.

In August we are going to Portugal for a wedding and then heading to Barcelona for a few days. Making a list of the great suggestions!!! Missed not doing any sightseeing in Barcelona.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter