Ideas for something special for teen?

avic77

Fish out of water
: Hello
I thought i would come here and ask this question to Dis members that are within the age range of my daughter as i am sure you guys will have excellent ideas.

My 13 yr old daughter is going through an extremly difficult time right now dealing with things that are way beyond her 13 year old shoulders to carry. The next few months leading up to our Disney trip will be difficult and this trip is going to be the light at the end of a tunnel for us all. We are focusing on that to get through everything. I want to do something extra special for her to reward her for her strength and courage through this time.

Any suggestions for something a 13 yr old would enjoy at Disney? I dont know about tours becuase we cant split up and we will have 2 small children in our party. And she is to old for Bibbity Bobbity Boutique i think :confused3
She wanted to have dinner with the Villians but Disney doesnt offer that :headache: (cast members push for a new dining experiance VILLIANS!)thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Okay,excuse my stupidness today.

But are you going to be in WDW or DLR?

At WDW,I can't think of much to do.
It's a tough age that Disney doesn't have much targeted for.
What about bringing a friend?
We did that this past January and it made the trip so much more fun!

maybe give her a day to plan where you go and where you eat :confused3

maybe even take her to somthing not in Disney maybe something thing in Orlando :confused3

hmmm...she's not too old for bibbity bobbidy boutique! i'm 18 and i still want to go!!!!!

there's SO much to do at WDW it's hard to say one awesome thing to pick out.
Maybe if she's into it you guys could go to cirque du soliel? or depending on how's playing, see a show @ HOB (if a band she likes is coming that would be awesome) Or you could let her pick a restaurant she really wants to eat at.
If she's into character meals i'd recommend chef mickey's.
or maybe you guys could try getting ressies for Cinderella's Royal Table, that's something I've always wanted to do!

those are just a few suggestions, depends on what your budeget is i guess.
if you guys can spare the money, maybe a day at USO/IOA?

Let us know when/if you decide :goodvibes

OOOOOOH I just thought of another one!

You could let her pick a pearl in japan!!
that is the best!!! you get to pick a clam, whichever one you want, and they the bash it open for you and you get whatever pearl is inside, no matter how big or small.
and they can put it on a necklace for her.
that could maybe be a memento to remind her to stay strong because she made it through the tough times. :goodvibes

OK, I love going to WDW. Im fourteen so my ideas are in her range.

- Try taking a friend or a family member of hers that is the same age.
- Let her plan out the Day, do what she wants (Like if she wants to go on Tower Of Terror 10 times, just do it)
- get her some nice disney clothes and gadgets

Hope this Helps!!!!!!!!

Ohh the pearl is an awesome idea! I didnt even know they had that. Can you tell me more about it? Plus she loves anything Japanesse and Chinesse.

Ohh the pearl is an awesome idea! I didnt even know they had that. Can you tell me more about it? Plus she loves anything Japanesse and Chinesse.

I've done it like five times, that is actually my favorite store in Disney and it's right bellow by favorite Resturaunt.

If you go to Japan in Epcot the main building has a store on the ground level and a resturaunt on the top level called Tapenyaki(which has amazing food! and they cook right on your table!!!) in the store there are all type of japanese stuff like clothes, toys that are made there, decorations, purses, food, all different stuff. and then there is of course the clams. you pay like 15 dollars to pick a clam and they open up the clam and you get to keep the pearl no matter how big or what kind, I have gotten really big rare pearls there, I got a blue pearl once it was pretty cool. And then you can decide on a setting you can get a neckless or a ring or if there were 2 pearls you can get earings, but the settings are kind of a lot of money.

one thing that I remember very well that my mom did to surprise my cousin and I for our birthdays at Disney, was we took a 'cruise' on the lake in epoct and watched illuminations from the boat while we ate cake. and for my 16th birthday my mom brought me and my best friend on a disney cruise and then we went to disney and on my birthday my mom made a scavenger hunt for my friend and I and at every stop that we made we got a charm for a charm bracelet she gave us in the morning. I always like going to the water parks and being able to do what ever I want to do in the parks.

I just turned 13 last week so I'm close to her age range. I reccommend eating at Cinderella's Royal Table. It's a once in a lifetime experience. (Unless of course you go to Disney every year like us! But still, it's very cool.) It kind of depends what kind of things she likes. So if you could tell us what she likes, maybe it would be easier for us to tell you things to do.:confused3

The pearl thing is really cool. :)
I think it was $14 a pearl and there was always at least one pearl in the clam. Sometimes it was blue. :D

the pearl thing sounds cool. if your staying on property i think they have one of the pearl things near the pool at the Beach Club. and im 13 and i did bibbity bobbity boutique, it was fun ! :goodvibes

we were there in june and in japan the pearls are $15 but if you arent going into the park or just would rather not do it in the park they offer it by the beach club by the walkway where they have the pools and the one pool bar and there it is $17 or there is a place in downtown disney that has it too

the charm braclet is fantastic too!

depending on how "big" (expensive) you want it you could do a water park

or you could do the dinner option

or if you have a extra 3-4 days you could even take a disney cruise

they do have 3 day ones and you can find some pretty nice deals on them

i acctually have gone on 4 disney cruises all were 7 days but that i would have to say is better then any "object" or meal that you could get

you dont just get the experience but you get the memories

plus on the cruise all things are included, like food, drinks (except alchol and smothies) and the on board activities are all free except some do cost a little amount

or i do know that saratoga springs used to offer a mannie pedie package that would be fun for me

i am 13 and just about anything at disney would be fun!
I've done it like five times, that is actually my favorite store in Disney and it's right bellow by favorite Resturaunt.

If you go to Japan in Epcot the main building has a store on the ground level and a resturaunt on the top level called Tapenyaki(which has amazing food! and they cook right on your table!!!) in the store there are all type of japanese stuff like clothes, toys that are made there, decorations, purses, food, all different stuff. and then there is of course the clams. you pay like 15 dollars to pick a clam and they open up the clam and you get to keep the pearl no matter how big or what kind, I have gotten really big rare pearls there, I got a blue pearl once it was pretty cool. And then you can decide on a setting you can get a neckless or a ring or if there were 2 pearls you can get earings, but the settings are kind of a lot of money.

one thing that I remember very well that my mom did to surprise my cousin and I for our birthdays at Disney, was we took a 'cruise' on the lake in epoct and watched illuminations from the boat while we ate cake. and for my 16th birthday my mom brought me and my best friend on a disney cruise and then we went to disney and on my birthday my mom made a scavenger hunt for my friend and I and at every stop that we made we got a charm for a charm bracelet she gave us in the morning. I always like going to the water parks and being able to do what ever I want to do in the parks.

if she likes video games both newer and older arcade games she would love disney quest!

or else there is cirqu de sole that is really fun too.

Ok this just my opinon but if I were her I would want to do disney quest or go on a disney cruise. We did disney quest this year and only thing i can say are good things about it. It was so much fun and its also indoors so if you did it on a day that it was raining that would be great.

the pearl thing sounds cool. if your staying on property i think they have one of the pearl things near the pool at the Beach Club. and im 13 and i did bibbity bobbity boutique, it was fun ! :goodvibes

bibbity bobbity boutique was awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter