Ideas for kid surprise

kellycanuck

Earning My Ears
We wanted to have a surprise welcome gift for DD9 and DS7 in our stateroom when we arrive, but not really taken with the few offerings in the store. Drink bottles and stuffed toys would be cute, or other Disney character stuff. Is it possible to create a customizable surprise? Anyone o anything like this? Appreciate your thoughts and sharing what you have done. Thanks!

I just puchased Mickey/Minnie drink cups, TY Beanie Mickey/Minnie key chain heads, Mickey/Princess sticker pages and stickers, bubbles and sunglasses...ALL at a store called Five Below. Cost under $20 for my 2 kids.

You could do that or contact Shirley at the Perfect Gift. She does amazing customized gift baskets that are delivered to cruises departing from PC.

I read on one of the threads that dad kept the kids occupied at the pool while mom snuck away to decorate the door once it was check-in time. You could always sneak their gifts in your carry-on and then put it in the room while they are swimming with another adult...

The 99 cent store and Target both have a lot of inexpensive Disney items :) In the dollar isle at Target right now, they have sports water bottles with Disney characters :)

We had gift baskets made by Shirley at Perfect Gift for our sons birthday cruise. They deliver to your room.... Baskets for every budget ! Highly recommend!

Editing because I wrote this from my phone and was trying to be fast :) I ended up sounding like an advertisement!

Anyway - The reason we chose Shirley was because she could deliver to the ship and the baskets would be there when we arrived. We also did the birthday decorations Disney sells. It was pricey for decorations BUT I did not have to worry about rushing to the room to get stuff done before the kids got there. I am crazypants enough on embarkation day and didn't want to add to the stress. Also, this way I didn't have any worries about remembering what to pack and making sure it is in the carry on and not the checked bag...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter