Ice Water availability in World Showcase?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
This is about free water (a $ saving tip) so I figured Budget Board would be a good place to post.

Watching videos from Food and Wine and one person mentioned feeling "forced" into buying bottled water because of "lack of availability of free cups of ice water in WS". We are big water drinkers and have never found it terribly difficult to find a location where fountain sodas are sold to ask for ice water. BUT I know things have changed since reopening so... tell me if I need to worry about getting ice water in WS?

You want to go to quick service restaurants. Everyone of them will have them. Just ask for it.

I don't think the kiosks have dispensers for water.
Right. That's always been our "MO". If the venue has fountain soda then they have ice and drinkable tap water. I just didn't know if that's changed at all since the vlogger was complaining about the lack of free water in a recent video.-- like are they not doing it as freely as previously

We went to the little coffee stand alone places and counter service places. But you have to stand in the line and wait behind everyone. It was difficult to get but not impossible. The cups are small so I ordered double. It is not as easy as it used to be. I'm sure they would rather you to just buy one for $4.00 and many people did.

We went to the little coffee stand alone places and counter service places. But you have to stand in the line and wait behind everyone. It was difficult to get but not impossible. The cups are small so I ordered double. It is not as easy as it used to be. I'm sure they would rather you to just buy one for $4.00 and many people did.
As long-time parks visitors, I kinda had the feeling that, on this Oct. trip, we'd be experiencing changes, big and small, between pre-Covid (aka pre-Chapek) Disney Parks and the current WDW experience. I guess I'll pack a metal water bottle or two, full of ice from the resort before leaving for the park and fill it as we go. Then get water from water fountains for times when free water is difficult to obtain.
Thanks for confirming what I feared was true from what the vlogger said.

Go to Starbucks and order water before you hit world showcase. Right next to the temp Starbucks is the new restrooms. Those have a nice filtered water bottle station.

at the top of world showcase, go to Regal Eagle and get ice water there (we wait in line at the bar and get ours so we don’t have to go inside the restaurant).

I don’t think it’s any harder than it used to be:flower1: but I’m just a privileged local so what do I know 😂

Go to Starbucks and order water before you hit world showcase. Right next to the temp Starbucks is the new restrooms. Those have a nice filtered water bottle station.

at the top of world showcase, go to Regal Eagle and get ice water there (we wait in line at the bar and get ours so we don’t have to go inside the restaurant).

I don’t think it’s any harder than it used to be:flower1: but I’m just a privileged local so what do I know 😂
These are great tips, thanks! Def making a note of these on my trip planning document!

These are great tips, thanks! Def making a note of these on my trip planning document!
One more (we were just there Friday and I was happy to see this back in action)

at sunshine seasons in living with the land pavilion, you don’t have to wait in line to use the drink machine or get a water cup. It’s how it used to be pre-closure, then changed for obvious reasons, now back to normal. We grab a tray and fill up 10 water cups (three kids here!) and then dump into our water bottles plus drink while taking a break in the AC using bathroom in AC. It’s also a great place for some budget eats as my kids can split a large adult meal for cheaper than two kids meals!

There are several places I can think of right off the top of my head to get cups of free ice water.
France, bakery shop
Japan, Katsura grill
America Pavilion, I've ever got them at the beer counter
Germany, walk up quick service
Africa outpost counter service
China quick service
Norway, bakery

Go to the France outdoor kitchen and buy a bottle of Evian. It's so much better than Dasani.

As long-time parks visitors, I kinda had the feeling that, on this Oct. trip, we'd be experiencing changes, big and small, between pre-Covid (aka pre-Chapek) Disney Parks and the current WDW experience. I guess I'll pack a metal water bottle or two, full of ice from the resort before leaving for the park and fill it as we go. Then get water from water fountains for times when free water is difficult to obtain.
Thanks for confirming what I feared was true from what the vlogger said.

This is what my family does. We bring filled reusable water bottles to the parks and then whenever we are near a convenient place to get the free ice water, whether we’re ready to drink it right then or not, we get it and dump it in our water bottles to refill. The newer double-walled stainless steel water bottles do a great job at keeping water cold for a long time and not sweating. Maybe we just got lucky in our timing, but usually as our water bottles were getting low, we found someplace to get free water. This recent trip, we did have to usually wait in a short line and sometimes ask cast members outside of QS dining locations.

Also started noticing water bottle refilling fountains a few places around the parks. We found the one mid-queue of Navi River Journey this trip, and I’ve seen one inside Cosmic Rays as well. I know there are more, I haven’t found them yet though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter