IASW not the ride, no really IASW

stitchlovestink

DIS Veteran
Okay, I'm going to try to keep this as short & sweet as possible w/o losing any relavent content. :lmao:
Okay, Aug 06 we are dining at CRT in the MK and Fairy Godmother comes to our table to greet us. She asks where we are from. I tell her MD. (I know shouldn't give this info out, but it's already in my profile ;) ) She asks where in MD. I ask her if she's familiar w/ MD. She replies that she is. So, I proceed to tell her the county. And she looks at me and GRINS and says "Oh, is that like Bel Air..." I am STUNNED!! :eek: Almost speechless as I manage to squeak out "Yeah, how do you know about Bel Air?" She just continues grinning and says something about being the fairygodmother and being all knowing. Okay, when travelling and telling people you're from Bel Air, before you can even add in the state, they've already associated it with CA. I have know idea why!!:rotfl: So a little while later she comes back and squats down beside my chair and tells me she was born/raised in a town just a few minutes up the road from BA. Her family still lives here, but she and hubby retired to FL about 10 yrs ago and both work for WDW.
Now Fastforward to this afternoon at my mom's house. DM has been fighting cancer since july 07. We (me and DDs) stop by Mom's to pick up some stuff that she had saved for me. Anyway, good friends, husband & wife, of my mother's (that I had never met before) stop by to visit her as right now it is very hard for mom to go out. Mom's friend notices I am wearing a WDW shirt :thumbsup2 . She asks if we like it, etc... Conversation moves on to it being a small world and being somewhere and you never know who knows who somewhere else, blah blah blah.... So I proceed to share above story with her. Well, if it isn't a small world.... the Fairy Godmother is her daughter in law's step mother (did you follow that one okay). She knows her very well as her son and daughter in law have Cmas and 4th of July parties that Fairy Gmother attends. :lmao: So they are kinda friends. Sometimes I'm just amazed at much of a small world it really is. :rolleyes1

That is so cool!!! It really is a small world..When we were leaving one of the parks one night we were like the last ones on the bus so we had to stand and we stood right behind the bus driver so we started talking to him and here he used to live in Jersey,the next town over from us..I think his name was Don,he is the coolest and funniest bus driver.

While not at Disney, we just got back from the islands of Turks & Caicos and while walking the beach and picking up shells with DH and DD I hear my name. Well, here are two gals that I play golf with and their husbands. So they tell us to come down to their condo to see it and meet their friends. As we walk up my DH knows one of the guys through business. It truely is a small world. :)

She knows her very well as her son and daughter in law have Cmas and 4th of July parties that Fairy Gmother attends. :lmao: So they are kinda friends. Sometimes I'm just amazed at much of a small world it really is. :rolleyes1

So cool! Does she attend these parties in character?? Or as a regular mom-person?

Okay, I'm going to try to keep this as short & sweet as possible w/o losing any relavent content. :lmao:
Okay, Aug 06 we are dining at CRT in the MK and Fairy Godmother comes to our table to greet us. She asks where we are from. I tell her MD. (I know shouldn't give this info out, but it's already in my profile ;) ) She asks where in MD. I ask her if she's familiar w/ MD. She replies that she is. So, I proceed to tell her the county. And she looks at me and GRINS and says "Oh, is that like Bel Air..." I am STUNNED!! :eek: Almost speechless as I manage to squeak out "Yeah, how do you know about Bel Air?" She just continues grinning and says something about being the fairygodmother and being all knowing. Okay, when travelling and telling people you're from Bel Air, before you can even add in the state, they've already associated it with CA. I have know idea why!!:rotfl: So a little while later she comes back and squats down beside my chair and tells me she was born/raised in a town just a few minutes up the road from BA. Her family still lives here, but she and hubby retired to FL about 10 yrs ago and both work for WDW.
Now Fastforward to this afternoon at my mom's house. DM has been fighting cancer since july 07. We (me and DDs) stop by Mom's to pick up some stuff that she had saved for me. Anyway, good friends, husband & wife, of my mother's (that I had never met before) stop by to visit her as right now it is very hard for mom to go out. Mom's friend notices I am wearing a WDW shirt :thumbsup2 . She asks if we like it, etc... Conversation moves on to it being a small world and being somewhere and you never know who knows who somewhere else, blah blah blah.... So I proceed to share above story with her. Well, if it isn't a small world.... the Fairy Godmother is her daughter in law's step mother (did you follow that one okay). She knows her very well as her son and daughter in law have Cmas and 4th of July parties that Fairy Gmother attends. :lmao: So they are kinda friends. Sometimes I'm just amazed at much of a small world it really is. :rolleyes1
IIRC the last time I passed through Bel Air there was a little irish coffee shop called DeDannans in downtown... just a door down from Sean Bolan's Pub. Great coffee... I recommend it. :thumbsup2

.I think his name was Don,he is the coolest and funniest bus driver.
Not to hijack the thread but, DON is the best bus driver!!! (I am sure it is the same one how many awesome bus drivers from Jersey are there? :laughing:

I didn't know Fairy Godmothers lived in the real world. I will have to keep my eye out. I could use a little help. ;)

We had a funny one on this past trip. I have an aunt who is my age and we were really close as teenager but, not as adults. My mom had mentioned they were going to WDW for a few days a while before the trip but, I had no idea when. We ran into them in the lobby of POP. Evidently we were on the same plane too and never saw each other. :rotfl: We kept running into them everywhere we went also.

This just makes me think of the last time I was in Epcot (about 12 years ago, way too long!!) I was in high school. My brother and I were headed somewhere and as we were walking we practically ran right into another kid from our school (in Iowa!). We had NO idea the other was even going to be there and bam...there he was.

That was definitely a small world!!

We were at DHS last month and we had just finished our dinner at H&V. It was an EMH night, and there was a station set up just outside of the restaurant to get wristbands. So, we proceed through the line, and when we get to the end, there are two female castmembers putting wristbands on us. One notices my DH's Red Sox hat and asks where we're from. We say, "Boston" even though we are from southern New Hamshire-- we are about 25 miles ourside Boston (and I was born and raised there!) so that's what we always say.

That's when I noticed that this CM's tag said she was from Pelham, NH-- the next town over from us. I said, "Actually, we're from NH, too!" and told her the town. Next thing you know, the CM putting my DH's wristband on turns and I see her tag. She is also from NH, a small town called Windham, which is next to our town on the other side! It was SO random! Apparently, these 2 CM's had just learned that day that they lived 5 miles away from each other, which is weird in itself, but then to have the two of them putting on our wristbands...? Totally wild!

Last September, we were getting ready to ride Peter Pan's Flight. I notice the nametage on the CM that tells you when to go on conveyor. Can't recall her name, but she was from Sturgis, MI. I tell her, we're from Sturgis. She apparently was having a rough day, she just gave me this look, and said, "yeah right". By then we were on the conveyor before I could pull out my driver's license. Went on PP a few more times, but didn't see her again.

Sarah-- Yup... You know, the town just over the border with rt. 28, the racetrack, and the big mall that everyone from Mass come to shop in to avoid paying sales tax?? ;)

I actually know a family who lives in Bel Aire!! You live in a very pretty town.:thumbsup2

Thank you!! :goodvibes
We like it. Although, we really could leave the cold weather. DH & my goal is to retire in FL. We may become Snowbirds. Although, if we relocated permanently, I think DH is willing to work p/t at WDW after retiring from his reg job. He is licensed in HVAC and has a boiler cert. Right now, he fixs all major household appliances, but he can fix commerical stuff too. Hopefully, he wouldn't have a hard time finding some sort of job w/ Disney. ;) But that's still aways away....

I missed moving this thread in the 'big move' earlier today.. I've moved it here to the Community Board.

:)

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter