I wish Canada had a counter service!

oogieboogie

<font color=darkgreen>If all else fails... reboot!
I was just thinking about all the WS counter service eateries and realized that Canada didn't have anything. The only thing they have is Le Cellier.

I wished Canada could have a counter service - then I could have cheese soup anytime without having to make ADRs.

Aah... pipe dream.:)

You know you can go up to the counter and ask for some to go right?

I saw many people do that while we were waiting to get in!:goodvibes

And any Canadian counter-service worth the name would HAVE to have poutine, wouldn't it? Mmmmm!!!

And any Canadian counter-service worth the name would HAVE to have poutine, wouldn't it? Mmmmm!!!

Oh, man! I would KILL for that. Haven't had it since our 2000 trip to Vancouver. This is a food MADE for me!

Or just a variety cup of breadsticks and some soft butter. Oh man, munchin' on breadsticks and listening to Off Kilter, sounds like a perfect Disney moment.

Or just a variety cup of breadsticks and some soft butter. Oh man, munchin' on breadsticks and listening to Off Kilter, sounds like a perfect Disney moment.

Ive done that! Got the breadsticks take out at LeCellier, a beer at Rose & Crown and listened to my favorite band. Off Kilter rocks!

If you go during food and wine in October, Canada have a pavillion where you can pick up some cheese soup to go..... ;)

Val
xx

If you go during food and wine in October, Canada have a pavillion where you can pick up some cheese soup to go..... ;)

Val
xx

I know, but it sure would be nice to just have a counter service in Canada, so we can have some good ol' Canadian food without having to get an ADR.

The F&W cheese soup although good is just slightly different from Le Cellier's, they have carrots in them where LC doesn't.

Maybe have like venison or game meat (ala turkey legs), poutine, beaver tails :banana:, donair.

Yummm...

Poutine is fries smothered in cheese curds and brown gravy....mmmm! I make mine at home, since we moved from Canada to Texas 7 years ago, and no one here serves it! You can't even get fries with gravy here, unless you want sausage gravy (white)...ugh!

Mmmm....poutine......

I wish Canada and Italy both had counter services! And/Or movies and/or rides! They need to spice up those pavilions a bit.:thumbsup2

Cheese curds????????? :crazy2: OK, I don't even put ketchup on my fries!!!!!!!!!

But I do love the cheese soup and breadsticks at Le Cellier! :thumbsup2

I wish Canada and Italy both had counter services! And/Or movies and/or rides! They need to spice up those pavilions a bit.:thumbsup2

Agreed, Italy needs a counter service. Italy has so many wonderful ethnic food that could be made for counter service.

We have a show called this hour has 22 minutes. Basically Rick Mercer spends the whole time interviewing unassuming Americans with Canadian questions. Yes it makes for an hour of fall off the couch laughter as it exposes how little some (I repeat some...not all) Americans know about Canada. The best episode that I watched was when Rick Mercer told (then governer) George Bush that the Prime Minister of Canada then (Jean Chretien) name was Jean Poutine. When Bush made his first official visit to Canada years later he ackowledged in his speech that he wanted to thank Canada's Prime Minister Jean Poutine for his support:rotfl2:

On that note...I made a adr for Le Cellier even though I am from Canada....and poutine is a fine balance between cheese curds and dark brown gravy. Costco makes a pretty good one up here!:goodvibes It would be nice though I agree to have a little takeout.

DH and both say that every trip! It was nice to have the Canada booth during food and wine this past Oct, but I'd love to have it year round. Italy would be nice too.

Somebody above suggested going to the Greeter counter at Le Cellier and requesting food to go.

Keep in mind that kitchen capacity may restrict (or prevent entirely) this.

Canada does have a movie in the round. It's one of my favorites.

I do miss the beaver tails and I'd love for them to have a nice counter service place. Can you really just go up to the counter at Le Cellieur and ask for an order of soup and breadsticks to go? I'm really surprised that they have the ability to do that.

You know, I do know that Canada has a movie. I've seen it several times!:blush: I don't know why I would have blanked on that! (Other than it needs updating!)

That pavilion does need something, though. I just can't put my finger on it.:confused3 It doesn't have the come-explore-and -walk-around feel to it that some of the others do. I'd love a water ride with Brother Bear ala Norway.

Italy would benefit from a counter service. No doubt. A gondalier ride would have been a nice touch. Not sure I miss that, though.:confused3 I'd love a movie here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter