I watched "THE RING" last night - yikes!

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
We rented the movie "The Ring" last night...

I love spooky scary movies - this was no disappointment, it was weird and disturbing, spooky and had sort of a "twist" at the end...

Made me want to turn off our TV, unplug it and nail 2 x 4's over the screen :eek:

Went to bed immediately afterwards humming "its a small world afterall" to calm me down..

>>^..^<<

Think I'll go out and rent it tonight! :eek:

I love scary movies too. We watched The Ring about a month ago and I was thoroughly (sp?) creeped out. I figured out the plot but there were plenty of VERY scary scenes to keep me up at night. We were planning our trip to the mountains about the time we watched that movie and after that I told DH we were not staying in a cabin!

Originally posted by vald1977
I love scary movies too. We watched The Ring about a month ago and I was thoroughly (sp?) creeped out. I figured out the plot but there were plenty of VERY scary scenes to keep me up at night. We were planning our trip to the mountains about the time we watched that movie and after that I told DH we were not staying in a cabin!

lol vald1977,

You should have seen me when OUR PHONE RANG halfway through the movie - I jumped about a foot LOL (it was just work calling.. sheesh)

>>^..^<<

:D That's funny you say that because our phone rang when we were watching it too -- right when it rang in the cabin on the movie! Thank goodness for caller i.d. or I would have never answered it.

We watched it about 2 weeks ago and I was disappointed. IMO, the ending was dumb. I won't give out any details, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I had The Ring in my hand at the Video Store last night, but DH wanted Treasure Planet. We both fell asleep halfway through.

We rented it also but I didnt think it was scary. There was one creepy part when the guy was watching the video. We also rented fear.com the same time and we didnt think it was scary either--just weird.

Good movie! I saw it twice at the theater and got the DVD for my b'day. :teeth:

My brother and I were both creeped out by it. My brother, who saw it almost a month ago, tries to keep something on the tv at night, so it doesn't worry him.

VelvetGloves

We watched it about a week ago. Let me preface this by saying that I am normally a chicken about scary movies, but I didn't find this one scary at all. It just didn't seem plausible enough to be scary to me.

The fact that they bill it as "the scariest movie since The Sixth Sense" was such hooey IMO.

I'm glad we borrowed it from a friend and didn't waste money on it.

i MUST BE A WIMP. Psyco the shower scene( i now have to look behind shower curtains before i pee) And now ......If you havent seen it no i wont give it away but just the one scene close to the end "you all know wet floor etc" OH MY!!!!
Yea im a chicken cause that was way to scarry for me slept in DH arms all night, the whole theatre just sat still for awhile out here, maybe its an out west thing were all scardies. :)

Originally posted by ebutte
i wont give it away but just the one scene close to the end "you all know wet floor etc" OH MY!!!!

He he... thats why I wanted to "board up" the TV.. and we have a wide screen!!!

But it is fun to be scared, and just when you think you have seen them all... another good scary movie comes out.

I think I am going to watch "Ghost Ship" next - it's looks tamer. I remember Sixth Sense and What Lies beneath were my last favourites...

>>^..^<<

Oh yes that movie scared the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :)
My Husband was getting a kick out of how scared I was!!!!

It scared the pee out of me too! LOL ;) Also Red Dragon really got to me! :eek: I like watching scary movies, but then I always regret it afterwards when I can't fall asleep. :p

I watched it after reading this thread.. It scared me more in the beginning than the end. I notice Naomi Watts likes to play in movies like this. I just watched Mullholand Drive last week. Another strange movie

I like a scary movie best if I can get my imagination to run away with me. Mine was running rampant during The Ring. Just the thought of such a tape and those images.... :eek:

I've always liked the weird movie that's hard to understand or one with noises and hints of something sinister better than the typical slasher movies. Well, except for Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter