I was just reading disney on a dime...does "character Sundae" still happen?

unravellingrapunzel

Disney & Horror Lover
I was reading on a cool thing for ice cream in the parks called "character sundae" is back on at epcot or if they have something similar?

Not sure what you're describing. Can you give more details? Is this a menu item at Fountain View Ice Cream? If so, don't count on being able to get it anytime soon. Fountain View is currently closed for refurbishment and to be converted into a Starbucks location.

They used to have an ice cream experience with characters at Garden Grill in the afternoons. It has been gone a long time, like 6-7 years.

No, they dont do this anymore. We did this years ago...I think 2003. It was a nice character interaction at the Garden Grill.

It was called the Ice Cream Social, and it was discontinued a number of years ago.

If you ever hear someone saying: "Wow, this is a great deal!" in a Disney park, hotel, or restaurant, you can be sure it will be discontinued sooner rather than later.

If you ever hear someone saying: "Wow, this is a great deal!" in a Disney park, hotel, or restaurant, you can be sure it will be discontinued sooner rather than later.

LOL, so true! My daughter did the Wonderland tea party back in January of 08. She loved it and it only cost $28. I declared it one of the best values in all of Disney. We went back 10 months later and it was up to $42..... a 50% jump in price. But at least that's better than it just going away.

I was able to do the Ice Cream Social shortly before they stopped it. I really enjoyed it, and it's one of those things I wish they'd bring back. It was really reasonably priced, and there was a lot of character interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter