I want to work for disney cruise line!

bermuda06

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I am very interested in working on disney cruise lines. I have sent in my resume to the company but haven't heard back from them. I was wondering if there is another way to contact the disney cruise line company please someone tell me. I would very much like to become a member of the cruise staff or a youth counselor. Any help to get more information about this would be deeply apprepiated.

Kelly

bermuda06 said:
Hello everyone. I am very interested in working on disney cruise lines. I have sent in my resume to the company but haven't heard back from them. I was wondering if there is another way to contact the disney cruise line company please someone tell me. I would very much like to become a member of the cruise staff or a youth counselor. Any help to get more information about this would be deeply apprepiated.

Kelly

Kelly...have you checked out this link to the DCL jobs website? It has tons of info on what it is like to work on DCL.

http://www.dcljobs.com/
x
x
x

I dont want to work there. I just want to live on there permanently!! :rotfl:

CaptainJack said:
I dont want to work there. I just want to live on there permanently!! :rotfl:

My son Tyler (4), who has been completely obsessed with all things fire fighter and fire truck related since he was 1 1/2, has slightly altered his dream job of being a fire fighter. On the last cruise, after seeing a few workers wearing full fire fighter gear during the crew drill, he's convinced he wants to be a fire fighter on DCL!!! Talk about the best of both worlds for him! :rotfl:

HollyTyler said:
My son Tyler (4), who has been completely obsessed with all things fire fighter and fire truck related since he was 1 1/2, has slightly altered his dream job of being a fire fighter. On the last cruise, after seeing a few workers wearing full fire fighter gear during the crew drill, he's convinced he wants to be a fire fighter on DCL!!! Talk about the best of both worlds for him! :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: My DS8 wanted to be a fireman up until he was about 6 or 6 1/2. Then he realized that if there was a fire in the middle of the night he would have to get up out of bed to go fight it..... :rotfl: Now, he is going to be an author and private investigator......

cristit14 said:
:lmao: :lmao: My DS8 wanted to be a fireman up until he was about 6 or 6 1/2. Then he realized that if there was a fire in the middle of the night he would have to get up out of bed to go fight it..... :rotfl: Now, he is going to be an author and private investigator......

:rotfl2: Too funny! KIDS! They just crack me up! Hey, your DS could be a travel book author and "need" to go on Dis cruises for work purposes! Wouldn't that be great?

While I want to work for WDW/MK when I "grow up", my dd9 has decided that she is going to work and live on Castaway Cay ... she wants to take care of the stringrays!! pirate: I guess I'll be taking MANY Disney cruises to visit her!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

My DD's dream job is (in college) be Minnie or Cinderella (if she's too tall for Minnie), and when she grows up, be a news anchor. But if she can't get a news anchor job, be the top 10 person for WDW. She has it all planned out! :rotfl2:

DH and I keep teasing DS12 that we are going to give him the house after college and we're moving to FL to live and are both going to work in WDW. I'd consider working on DCL ships if I knew I wouldn't have to work so hard. I have a PT fun job for WW right now while working for an insurance company FT. When I get old, I'm going to have even more fun than I do now!! (Gosh, I hope so!)

Kim

WDW posts all its jobs that are available on Monster.com. I have not seen DCL jobs there but if you do a search on Monster you might find something.

I am still trying to land a job with DVC! I am getting closer as they have done the phone interview with me. :banana:

i dont think too many americans work out on dcl.
low pay
long days

i only see a few on the cruise i took in august
dcl knows that americans probaly wont be back for a second tour,so its just easier to get people from poorer countries who will love to have the pay.
low pay for us is high pay for them.

I just finished a contract as a youth counselor on the Disney Magic. Here are the main facts:

You must be at least 21 years old with 2 or more years of child care experience.

You must be willing to work long hours with no days off. That's right, no days off for your entire contract. You will work 70 hour work weeks. A contract with youth activities will last about 4 months.

Most of the people and managers are very nice and will welcome you with open arms, but just know what you are getting yourself into before you start.

The job does not consist of just being a counselor. You will also be responsible at times for keeping track of the number of children you have in the space . This is called an age anchor.

You will also be a desk anchor which is responsible for checking kids in and out and completing registrations.

There will be alot of cleaning and plenty opportunities of get on your hands and knees and get dirty.

There is so much more to say about the job, but i can't say it all in one post. I fyou want to know more, just ask!

The job website is DCLjobs
Jenna

HollyTyler said:

Hey Holly!

I thought Tyler was going to be a DCL Pirate? pirate:

Ginny

jlb5449 said:
I just finished a contract as a youth counselor on the Disney Magic. Here are the main facts:

You must be at least 21 years old with 2 or more years of child care experience.

You must be willing to work long hours with no days off. That's right, no days off for your entire contract. You will work 70 hour work weeks. A contract with youth activities will last about 4 months.

Most of the people and managers are very nice and will welcome you with open arms, but just know what you are getting yourself into before you start.

The job does not consist of just being a counselor. You will also be responsible at times for keeping track of the number of children you have in the space . This is called an age anchor.

You will also be a desk anchor which is responsible for checking kids in and out and completing registrations.

There will be alot of cleaning and plenty opportunities of get on your hands and knees and get dirty.

There is so much more to say about the job, but i can't say it all in one post. I fyou want to know more, just ask!

Jenna

I am curious, how did you like working for DCL? Did you love it? Do you want to go back? What was your favorite/worst part about it?

gdulaney said:
Hey Holly!

I thought Tyler was going to be a DCL Pirate? pirate:

Ginny

HI Ginny! Good to run across you! :wave2: Actually, I think he wants to be a fire fighting pirate because he wears his pirate costume under his fire fighter outfit!!! Slight identity confusion?! :rotfl2:

jlb5449 said:

Jenna

Jenna, were you on the Magic on 11/4/06? We were, and my DD Rebecca met a counselor named Jenna who she really liked, I am wondering if it's you.

Jillpie said:
I am curious, how did you like working for DCL? Did you love it? Do you want to go back? What was your favorite/worst part about it?

I'm curious, too.

BTW, my kids loved the counselors in Oceans Quest.

The other thing to be aware of is that the 70 hour work week for Youth Counselors is "shift work" because the clubs are open from 9 AM to midnight. Some weeks you will work an early shift and "open", some weeks you will work in the middle of the day, some weeks you will work late. Also some days you may work 12 hours, some days 8. It's a great job but you need to go into it aware of what you're getting yourself into.

Agreed that Americans don't get rich working for DCL, but DD has loved it for the past 3 years. Since she doesn't have an apartment or car payment since she stays with us (parents) when she's off the ship and not traveling. Since she doesn't have many expenses her DCL paycheck is used to pay off her college loans and to travel while she's on vacation. The pay also isn't as bad as it sounds when you consider the "non-cash" compensation of room, board and uniforms.

The up side to NO days off during your contract is that when you DO complete your contract you have 6-10 weeks off before you return for your next contract. That block of time off is really nice if you want to plan a trip around America or overseas and is probably what DD will miss the most if she leaves DCL.

I just finished my contract on Nov.11, 06 so yes i was on the ship when rebecca was on! I ejoyed my experience however i will not be returning. I look forward to getting a job in the states and beginning a life on land. I hope to visit in the future and see my old friends again, but as it stands currently I am satisfied with the time i had onboard and the memories will remain forever.

As for Rebecca, I hope you had a wonderful cruise and i hope you plan to return! The club and lab miss you very much!

Jenna

jlb5449 said:
I just finished my contract on Nov.11, 06 so yes i was on the ship when rebecca was on! I ejoyed my experience however i will not be returning. I look forward to getting a job in the states and beginning a life on land. I hope to visit in the future and see my old friends again, but as it stands currently I am satisfied with the time i had onboard and the memories will remain forever.

As for Rebecca, I hope you had a wonderful cruise and i hope you plan to return! The club and lab miss you very much!

Jenna

Well we wish you all the best!! Rebecca really thought you were great!!
Yes we had a wonderful time onboard and we will be sailing again next Nov.
I will be sure to show Rebecca this post, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter