I think I've finally got it figured out...

Bruin Steve

Earning My Ears
Okay, bear with me...'

This is going to be one GRAND trip...
You see, we're tacking on a stay at WDW at the end of two consecutive cruises...
Here's what we have BEFORE the Disney piece:

We're flying out of Los Angeles on June 29, 2007 on the red-eye to Miami (unfortunately, my wife HAS to work that day)...Arrive in Miami at 5:20 am and head for the pier to pick up Royal Caribbean's brand new "Liberty of the Seas"...This is one of those 160,000 gross ton mega ships with everything from Ice Skating to Rock climbing to SURFING!!...We do a 7 night itinerary to Labadee, Haiti; Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico...

Then, when that cruise ends, we catch a shuttle up to Port Everglades and board the Carnival Liberty (We have Balcony cabins on both ships, by the way) for an 8-night cruise that stops at Costa Maya, Mexico; Limon, Costa Rica and Colon, Panama...

When that cruise ends, we head back to Miami Airport and catch a flight to Orlando (American Airlines' frequent flier program allows a three-legged itinerary for the same number of "miles" as an ordinary round trip!)...

We'll get picked up by the Magical Express and taken to the Port Orleans Resort French Quarter (I checked several sources including the "Unofficial Guide to WDW" and this seems to be the highest rated of the moderates)...

We took a five-night package WITH the Dining Plan and with 5-day "Park Hopper" tickets (I was very tempted to go with the 6-day tickets because it only costs two dollars and change more...but then, what would be the point? Our return flight to LA leaves at 1:00 pm, so I figure we'll need to be at the airport by 11:00 or so...which means we'll be leaving the hotel by 10:00 am (?)...I'm assuming we're not going to have the time nor desire to run into one of the parks for a few scant minutes that morning, correct?)

So, we'll be there, basically, the better part of 5 days and nights (our flight from Miami arrives at 12:49 pm)...So, we'll be able to take everyting we want to see and do at a leisure pace...after all, it's just a couple of us late 40s/early 50s folks...The kids are in college and they're not coming with us this time...

Anyway, we then fly home on the 20th of July...

Sound like a plan?
Anything else we should know or start thinking about?

I guess the next step would be to start considering restaurants on the meal plan...and where to get the best "bang for the buck"...and whether we need advance reservations, etc.

Heck of a trip, huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter