I think I posted this before...Fall vacation time in Ontario!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, looks like dh might have about a week of sometime in the Fall (anytime before Dec 31 really) ~ We just got back from WDW April, we are going to Ohio and Kentucky in two weeks ~ I'd like to go away but where? I am thinking someplace in Ontario. HELP! THX S

It is quite lovely on the Thousand Island Parkway in the fall. Beautiful fall colours...nice trails.

Yeah, I second the Thousand Islands or Ottawa valley. Beautiful fall colours.

Sandra, are you going to Cedar Point? We're going in August for a few days, interested in what else there is to do in Ohio.

Eastern Ontario is gorgeous! But, been there done that. My sister and mom live in Cornwall and brother lives in Ottawa (moving to Korea in July) so we venture that way already.

We've done Blue Mtn a lot too, Port Elgin , Southampton areas are covered, same with the pennisula.

I was thinking Grand Bend, I haven't been there in YEARS!

OHIO BOUND!!!! Yes we are going to Ohio in two weeks, but we aren't going to Cedar Point. I read Cedar Point in awesome! It's only about 6 hours drive from my home too. But we picked southern Ohio and Kentucky this trip. The trip covers lots of ground. Firstly, I am thinking about driving to WDW in couple years (we usually fly) and Cincinnati in about 10-11 in the car, just about half way to WDW (time wise) for us. It will give us a good idea if we can stand sitting in a car that long. Also, I wanted an inexpensive trip this summer since we just had two very expense WDW trips. We have Paramount Canada's Wonderland season's passes and they are portable. Cincinnati has a Paramount park that looks GREAT called Paramount King's Island (PKI) with the longest wooden roller coaster in the world :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: IT LOOKS VERY FUN! AND IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEE! I found a nice little hotel with an indoor swimming pool (it case it rains all week) and free breakky, it's located 4 miles from the park. We will also spend a day in Kenkucky (45 minutes drive from PKI). This trip covers all bases. I'm looking forward to it! You will have to write us a trip report on Cedar Point! Where are you staying? The Cedar Point hotels look very nice! Chat soon! S

The area up around Lake Superior is also very beautiful. There is a tour train (Agawa Tour) you take from Sault Ste. Marie. It is absolutely beautiful in the fall. I used to go on it all the time as a kid. There are many other things to do in that area too. It is a bit of a drive though..it will take you a day to get up there.

GEEEEEESSSSSS! I just found myself on www.mapquest.com plotting out directions to Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach for the fall vacation. I just had a loooooooooong conversation a couple days ago with dh about really kicking up our RRSP's and here I am spending all my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on vacation! LOL! S

Sandra, we're doing Williamsburg next summer (Busch Gardens -- more coasters --DS is a coaster freak). Are waiting to make our timeshare trade for late August. We're staying at Breakers at Cedar Point this year and doing Six Flags World of Adventure also on the way back. Did Darien Lake this weekend and got seasons passes to cover us. DD is going to Montreal for a week and is doing La Ronde (another six flags park) so passes will save us $$$. We're also going to St. Paul Mn for a huge Roller Hockey Tournament the end of July and will be doing Valley Fair Park there. If we get their season's passes ($30 per person cheaper than a Cedar Point, another Cedar Fair park) that means we will have four season's passes (paramount, six flags, cedar fair and universal) in one year. That is definately a record for us. Our kids (16 and 13) will only be doing vacations with us for a few more years so I guess we should make the best of it now!

We like our seasons/annual passes too ~ zoo, ROM, PCW. We just let the zoo expire and the ROM is dd's newest fav. I grew up in LaRonde ~ haven't been back in years! Are you familiar with Belmont Park in Quebec. Boy, do I miss that place too ~ it's been gone for years, but I have lots of fun memories there.

Sounds like you have a great summer planned! Our PKI trip will be 3 or 4 nights in Cincinnati. We want to spend a day in Kentucky, but the rest of the time will be in the park. Chat soon! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter