I think I may have a problem : Proof of Time Question / Issue

mbrittb00

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have signed up for this years Wine and Dine. I got my registration link today and went ahead and registered. During that process I discovered a potential issue with my proof of time, and it has to do with my name. I go by my middle name rather than my first. When we signed up for the Wine and Dine we used my first name. However the 10k I ran back in October that I was going to use as my PoT, I had registered under my middle name. Thus the name in the results from the PoT race don't match the name of my W&D race registration. There was no where on the race registration to list a middle name, or a place to enter "additional information" etc. At the end of the registration there was an a-mail provided to use for more information. I immediately sent them an e-mail explaining the situation and offered to provide proof of my full name.

I do have another opportunity to run in a 10k at the end of April. I was planning to do that, however since we were planning to do both runDisney races together, I was going to fall back to her corral assignment and, so for this April's 10k I was considering running that WITH my wife to help her improve her time, and thus OUR corral placement.

I guess I could just enter our time from next months 10K (which will be much slower than my capability), but ...

How strict are they with PoT? Does everything have to match up perfectly or get rejected, or do they allow some consideration for situations like this? Do you find out well in advance if your PoT has been rejected, so that you can submit a different PoT or provide additional information, or do you not find out until Corral assignments come out?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Do you have an ID with both names? If so I'd let it go and if there is an issue

at the expo go to runner relations with proof of time, proof of emailing them and ID that proves you are 'both people'

-em

If the last name matches, you will likely (like 99-percent chance) be fine.

Worst case? When corrals come out, just shoot an email to TrackShack and they'll either fix it there or be waiting to fix it for you at Runner Relations at the Expo.

My first RD half that required a PoT, I hadn't changed my last name legally (I'd only been married for eight years at that point ... wanted to make sure it stuck before I committed to a big thing like a name change :rotfl2:). But, between registration, running PoT and packet pick-up, I'd pulled the trigger on the whole name-change thing. So, my registration was my maiden name. My PoT registration was my maiden + married name (I took my maiden as my middle name)... and ALL of my ID was in my married name. I came armed with printouts of pretty much EVERYTHING - my Disneyland Half registration, my PoT registration AND result, a copy of my marriage license, etc., etc. etc.

I was corraled exactly where I needed to be, and they didn't bat an eye over the different last name - my first name matched and I looked like the person on my ID, so that was enough.

If you plan on running with your wife at W&D, submit the PoT from this month's race that will be similar to her's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter