I stole a miracle berry

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what tends to happen with these threads. OP disappears after he or she doesn't what to hear all the hate from DISers who are worried about what there kids will think when they see a person picking a berry off a tree on a ride. ...
The OP just wanted to rile up the crowd. I'm sure his feelings were not so hurt that he couldn't bear to come back to face more of it.

The OP appears to be more of a hit and run poster anyway based on posting history.

Thats one of the challenges of being a parent. When you have a situation of an adult breaking rules in front of your child....

Heh, we live here and my son seems to get the same lecture every weekend when we go to Disney. "No, son you are not allowed to do that. Yes, I realise the grown ups are doing it. But that's because people are (insert a word I can't say on the Dis)."

My poor kid is gonna be so jaded. Life isn't fair, people are rude, and he understands that already. :thumbsup2

Incidently, everytime we ride Living With the Land (one of our favorites) the poor CMs have to come on the microphone and tell people to keep their hands inside the boat. People are stupid to think no one is watching them. :rolleyes:

Man, I've always really wanted to touch that sand also. OP, since you're such a daredevil, can you go back and have a touch and report back? Thanks!

I went on the Behind The Seeds tour, we got to touch quite a few things. I can't remember if we could touch sand or not. You might try that.

I did see a 20,000 leagues submarine parked in the back lot though, that was cool.

I went on the Behind The Seeds tour, we got to touch quite a few things. I can't remember if we could touch sand or not. You might try that.

I did see a 20,000 leagues submarine parked in the back lot though, that was cool.

Definitely not allowed to touch the sand. I did this tour and the Guide watched everyone like a hawk.

One family gave up and left because their young child kept wanting to touch the sand and it wasn't allowed.

The sand is specially sterilized. It's why the employees who work in there need to wear booties over their shoes.
If the sand gets touched, it all has to be replaced according to that Guide which would mean a shut down of Living with the Land until it's done.

Doesn't matter. The WDW vacation police will now commence to tell the OP what a horrible human being they are. Par for the course here:rotfl2:.
Posts like this always bother me. The Disney Police are always out to spoil everyone's fun. Why is it such a bad thing to try to follow Disney's rules? Why are the ones who think the rules are only meant to be broken poor unfortunate souls?? What's wrong with being respectful of Disney?

I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....

Hmmmmm?

OK, I was devious and no one saw me.

The boat was practically empty and I had the last row to myself. I just leaned over as if to take a picture than I quickly plucked a berry. The berries were literally six inches away from the water. They fall off the bush, and then some person just raked all the sand around the bush without cleaning up the fallen berries putting one into easy reach. Maybe it was naughty, but it was so worth it.

Posts like this always bother me. The Disney Police are always out to spoil everyone's fun. Why is it such a bad thing to try to follow Disney's rules? Why are the ones who think the rules are only meant to be broken poor unfortunate souls?? What's wrong with being respectful of Disney?

I'm beginning to think that many posters don't know how to follow rules. I don't care how stupid you think a rule is at WDW, if you are not mature enough as an adult to follow them, you should just stay home.

What next? Posters bragging about how they climbed out of their vehicle on Spaceship Earth? Posters being full of pride because they took flowers out of the flowerbeds to replant at home? Neither is a huge deal, but come on! Can't people just behave and do what they should, not what they can get away with???

I'm beginning to think that many posters don't know how to follow rules. I don't care how stupid you think a rule is at WDW, if you are not mature enough as an adult to follow them, you should just stay home.

What next? Posters bragging about how they climbed out of their vehicle on Spaceship Earth? Posters being full of pride because they took flowers out of the flowerbeds to replant at home? Neither is a huge deal, but come on! Can't people just behave and do what they should, not what they can get away with???

Ohhh..I am going to Disney in a few weeks..thanks for the suggestions...:rotfl2:

Hmmmmm?

OK, I was devious and no one saw me.

The boat was practically empty and I had the last row to myself. I just leaned over as if to take a picture than I quickly plucked a berry. The berries were literally six inches away from the water. They fall off the bush, and then some person just raked all the sand around the bush without cleaning up the fallen berries putting one into easy reach. Maybe it was naughty, but it was so worth it.

I agree that people violating rules is wrong and I don't care for people going online to brag, but posters bombarding the OP with insults and such bothers me even more.

Also, I think those who violate Disney's rules is such a small minority of DIS posters that it's not really even worth discussing.

The thing is, it is not about stupid berry, or board police. It is about Disney security. Many times when guests do stupid things they stop the ride and then it takes time to start it again and everyone on a ride is upset and everyone in line is upset and for what, one stupid move.

KellyNY said:
The thing is, it is not about stupid berry, or board police. It is about Disney security. Many times when guests do stupid things they stop the ride and then it takes time to start it again and everyone on a ride is upset and everyone in line is upset and for what, one stupid move.

A rare :thumbsup2 from me. ;)

Amen to that!

My son and I were on Goofys Barnstormer when some idiots on the other coaster decided to stand up (seriously...wth??). When the CMs see that, they automatically stop the ride. This caused our coaster to stop right before it went up the first hill. Because of where we stopped, we were not allowed to get out even though the ground was literally only 5 feet down if that. We had to wait while they called the fire department to come get us. It was like 95 degrees and it was all just so stupid! The poor CMs were very nice about it all but it was so frustrating when I could easily have just hopped out.

We were all nice about it and I made it a game for my son. But we sat there for a full hour. If I had found the person who had stood up, he wouldn't have been standing for long. :mad:

Here's a pic of the fire department getting us out from our oh-so-high perch, lol
photo3-1.jpg

Doing stupid stuff at Disney ruins it for other people.

ETA:
Also, I think those who violate Disney's rules is such a small minority of DIS posters that it's not really even worth discussing.

Definitely not. DH and son also got stuck on POTC for an hour and a half because someone jumped out of the boat. They stopped the ride and everyone was stuck. I don't understand why people think they aren't watched.

ETA:

Definitely not. DH and son also got stuck on POTC for an hour and a half because someone jumped out of the boat. They stopped the ride and everyone was stuck. I don't understand why people think they aren't watched.

I said it was a minority among DISers....

ETA:

where did they jump to?!:confused3

Nobody really believes this...right?

Unfortunately, I do. Because I was absolutely bored out of my skull this afternoon I looked at a couple of you tube videos of the ride. There are a couple of places where the vegetation does grow quite close to the water's edge.

Mind you, I did not see the shrubs that these berries grow on, but that could be because the videos I watched weren't that new.

It is within the realm of possiblility for a fully grown adult to reach out and grab something very close to the edge. Why on earth a fully grown adult would then proceed to brag about it here, I have do idea. Probably the same brain fart that lead to the initial actions. And how he apparently did this without being seen on the security cameras, I also have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter