I now have one too many dining reservations... should I get rid of one??

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW from May 30 to June 5. It will be me, dh, 13 yo ds, and 9 yo dd. As of right now we are staying at POP but are contemplating upgrading to Port Orleans. We have the regular dining plan. Today I added on one dining reservation, so we have one more than our dining plan days allow.

Here are our dining reservations:

Wednesday, May 31: Via Napoli at 5:05
Thursday, June 1: Crystal Palace at 12:00
Friday, June 2: Tusker House at 8:10 and Rainforest Cafe at 5:15
Saturday, June 3: Bon Voyage at 10:00
Sunday, June 4: Chef Mickey's at 5:30
Monday, June 5: Supercalifragilistic breakfast at 11:10

I may end up getting rid of the Bon Voyage breakfast since we will completely lose our second Epcot morning. What do you think?

I agree with the pp. I would get rid of the rainforest ressie. The bon voyage menu looks really good and the character interaction looks fun too! Just depends on if you would rather spend more time in the parks or if you think it will be a good time for a break.

If you like your reservations as-is, then I'd keep them all and just pay out of pocket for Via Napoli. The 4 of you can easily share a Mezzo pizza for about $40 - $10 per person is about as good as you can get in Disney!

Otherwise, I agree with the posters above, I'd drop Rainforest. I always skip it personally because there are several Rainforest Cafes in my city, so it's not that special to us. Plus, food is just average. If you need a replacement meal at Animal Kingdom, I'd use Quick Service credits at Flame Tree instead.

I agree with everyone else, I would drop Rainforest Cafe.
Flame Tree Barbeque in AK is a great, filling CS meal
I also agree, if you want to keep all pay OOP for Via Napoli and share their really good pizza.
Have Fun

If you like your reservations as-is, then I'd keep them all and just pay out of pocket for Via Napoli. The 4 of you can easily share a Mezzo pizza for about $40 - $10 per person is about as good as you can get in Disney!

Otherwise, I agree with the posters above, I'd drop Rainforest. I always skip it personally because there are several Rainforest Cafes in my city, so it's not that special to us. Plus, food is just average. If you need a replacement meal at Animal Kingdom, I'd use Quick Service credits at Flame Tree instead.

I agree. If you want to keep thigs as is, pay OOP for VIa Napoli. If you are looking for a change, get rid of Rainforest, and then book Homecoming. IF you book homecoming, you could think about paying OOP for this one depending on your family and how they eat. The portions are generous so you could manage your budget easily, as you can at VN if you pay OOP.

You have some character overlap...Tigger & Pooh will be at both Crystal Palace and 1900 PF breakfast; and Tusker House and Chef Mickey are the same except Minnie.

I would, personally, get rid of CM and 1900 PF. I'd also move your Bon Voyage to either an 8am PPO breakfast or a 10:30-11am "brunch."

I agree with paying OOP for Via Napoli, if you do not have a Rainforest near you or have never gone. Our kids loved the Rainforest Cafe when they were younger and was a treat to go.

I would definitely get rid of Chef Mickey's. The food isn't that great and you wait forever to meet with the Characters who are rushed onto the next customer. We didn't even get to meet Mickey until our meal was finished.

Crystal Palace was my favorite character meal so much that I've reserved it again. So, I definitely wouldn't drop that one.

Also, I had one too many ADR's as well and decided to pay OOP for two of them as I also have the DDP and would prefer the TS restaurants as the experiences at WDW are amazing imo. I'm a DL vet and don't do a lot of ADR's in DL as WDW has such cool TS experiences/themed restaurants.

Last edited:
Rainforest but if the kids insist on eating there, Chef Mickey's gets the boot.

I did chef mickeys bc it seemed like a necessity, but it was by far our least favorite meal.

I'd get rid of Rainforest. You can eat at one of those just about anywhere.

ETA: Just read that your kids wanted that one. So, I'd get rid of Chef Mickey's. Yuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter