I need updated reviews for this years Hallowishes dessert party :)

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
We are going to party on Sunday and are doing the Dessert party. We chose to because my husband can't stand the shoulder to shoulder crowds and we would just enjoy it more with our kids this way. I'd love to hear about it this year and the changes. I am hoping we can still get a good spot by flag pole not going right at 7:30 (sort or defeats the purpose in doing this) and then now that tables aren't assigned I wonder if there is enough tables for every family? Does each table still get a cup with goodies in it and can everyone see?

Following... booked the dessert party for 9/18 but I'm on the fence. Really don't want it to be a waste of time (as Kenny the Pirate says it is) but REALLY want to have good parade and fireworks viewing as this is my first MNSSHP ever. So I'm torn! Anyone who attends, please share your experience!

We have this booked in October. I'm interested in reviews too!

Following... booked the dessert party for 9/18 but I'm on the fence. Really don't want it to be a waste of time (as Kenny the Pirate says it is) but REALLY want to have good parade and fireworks viewing as this is my first MNSSHP ever. So I'm torn! Anyone who attends, please share your experience!
I'm worried too but I think also not having the anxiety of finding a parade spot and being able to breathe abd move during hallowishes will make it worth it. I hope. We have two small kids and all that cramming together stresses me out.

Not a review, but...
We had a reservation and I cancelled it, thinking we didn't want to be constrained by the dessert party schedule. I really regretted that decision once we attended the first party last Friday. We seemed to end up wandering around too much, trying to see and do too much, and really didn't have too much fun. Next time we will "focus" more. The dessert party kind of makes you do that, I think, and gets you out of the crowds.

You REALLY don't need the dessert party to have a good spot for the parade and fireworks. We've always had fantastic spots for both and have never done the dessert party at MNSSHP.

We did the party last year and thought it was worth every penny. My DH like yours gets claustrophobic with all the people watching the parades and fireworks!

We had a great spot by the flag pole and had plenty of room around us, no issues.

We ended up getting a good table for the fireworks, it was very nice to sit down and enjoy everything. There are some tables with not so good views, but they just got up and found a spot to watch.

We are going to dessert party 9/30 so eagerly awaiting review too. Went to MNSSHP 2 years ago could not get close enough to see anything and parade was rained out. Hoping for better experience this time

We are booked for that night! We debated about the expense for a while and in the end decided to give it a try. The parade is my favorite part and it'll be nice not to have to stake out a spot an hour early.

Interested in reviews...but we did it last year and thought it was worth it for the parade viewing alone.
interesting. Do you really mean this or is it a bit of hyperbole? I only ask because I am considering doing the parade, having some desserts, then heading over to the hub for better fireworks viewing. I don't think I will like the fireworks spot. But if I think of it it as a "parade dessert party" it might work. Considering for MVMCP but presumably it will be the same drill.

I went to the first MNSSHP dessert party on September 2nd, along with DH and DS5. The parade viewing area was very good. There was plenty of space. We got there about 30 minutes before the parade start time, and we got an excellent spot. There were still plenty of other spots left right up until parade start time. They handed out small water bottles, which was very nice.

The dessert part was just okay. There was a wide variety of desserts, but none of them really stood out. They kind of seemed to all taste the same. They were typical Disney buffet desserts. It was towards the end of our trip, so maybe I was just getting tired of Disney buffet type desserts. I would say they were just okay. There was icecream and cookies too. At the icecream station, they had sprinkles and cookie crumbs and gummy worms.

The dessert party was VERY CROWDED. The tables were, in my opinion, way too close together, and it was difficult to move around. I got up once to go to the bathroom, and it was hard to navigate my way out due to all of the tables being so close together; therefore, I didn't get up again to get seconds on desserts! It seemed to be pretty disorganized, but, then again, this was the first party. The viewing area was okay, but just okay. I think it would have been better from the hub area.

I think we actually wasted too much time doing the dessert party. We didn't trick-or-treat much, and I think our time would have been better spent doing that and meet and greets. Plus, the candy they handed out was better than the desserts, in my opinion! This is one of the things we agreed we most likely would not do again. The parade viewing area was good, but I think we could have found a good spot ourselves, although we would have had to get our spot earlier. If I had to do it again, I would skip the first parade, watch fireworks from the hub and then attend the second parade and not do the dessert party. This way we would have had more time to do other things. The time after the parade to the time the fireworks started was pretty much wasted time, to me.

It was okay, but just not worth it to us, in my opinion. I'm the type of person that usually has to see for myself, so I'm glad I did it once! Hope I don't sound too negative!

I went to the first MNSSHP dessert party on September 2nd, along with DH and DS5. The parade viewing area was very good. There was plenty of space. We got there about 30 minutes before the parade start time, and we got an excellent spot. There were still plenty of other spots left right up until parade start time. They handed out small water bottles, which was very nice.

The dessert part was just okay. There was a wide variety of desserts, but none of them really stood out. They kind of seemed to all taste the same. They were typical Disney buffet desserts. It was towards the end of our trip, so maybe I was just getting tired of Disney buffet type desserts. I would say they were just okay. There was icecream and cookies too. At the icecream station, they had sprinkles and cookie crumbs and gummy worms.

The dessert party was VERY CROWDED. The tables were, in my opinion, way too close together, and it was difficult to move around. I got up once to go to the bathroom, and it was hard to navigate my way out due to all of the tables being so close together; therefore, I didn't get up again to get seconds on desserts! It seemed to be pretty disorganized, but, then again, this was the first party. The viewing area was okay, but just okay. I think it would have been better from the hub area.

I think we actually wasted too much time doing the dessert party. We didn't trick-or-treat much, and I think our time would have been better spent doing that and meet and greets. Plus, the candy they handed out was better than the desserts, in my opinion! This is one of the things we agreed we most likely would not do again. The parade viewing area was good, but I think we could have found a good spot ourselves, although we would have had to get our spot earlier. If I had to do it again, I would skip the first parade, watch fireworks from the hub and then attend the second parade and not do the dessert party. This way we would have had more time to do other things. The time after the parade to the time the fireworks started was pretty much wasted time, to me.

It was okay, but just not worth it to us, in my opinion. I'm the type of person that usually has to see for myself, so I'm glad I did it once! Hope I don't sound too negative!
no worries, you don't. This is exactly the kind of information people are looking for! And also not that far out of whack with what I have heard and read before - desserts are ok but nothing great and the viewing area is not the best. I have this booked for the christmas party and assume it will be the same drill but am leaning toward canceling right now (not just based on your review, reviews last year were much the same). I hope you still had a great time at the party though! I love the parade so at least that part was awesome :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter