I Need Two Scrapbooks For One Trip!

Madi100

DIS Veteran
I realize that I took a lot of pictures. But, I LIKE pictures. I LIKE my scrapbook. But I have a problem. First of all, I HATE WDW scrapbooks. I had to trim all of my pages because they didnt' fit in the book very well. But here's my problem. I have too much stuff in my book. What I lay the book flat I'd say that the cover is at a 45 degree angle. So, do I let it look silly, or do I make two scrapbooks for ONE trip? I had it at a workshop the other night, and they couldn't believe that I had one trip in that big album.

< has done 2 books per trip...

I am *almost* finished with my DL 50th books that now span and fill 2 2 inch binders (I scrap 8.5x 11) It has May (4 days), July (10 days) and all 5 pages of my Nov trip (3 days)

My 4 days WDW and 4 days Cruise ended up in 2 books also 2 inch binders..

-em

My trip in 2002 I have 3 books all about 2 1/2 inches thick. I took over 1300 pictures.

This past trip in October, I am already up to 2 books and I am on day 3 but I can add pages to them. I only took about 600 pictures this time but seem to be doing a couple of pages that have one picture showcased on the page.

The only trip I have been able to do in one book is Sesame Place and that was a 2 day trip LOL

Almost embarrassed, but I did five 12x12 scrapbooks for one trip ... one for each park and one for the resort we stayed at and others we visited!!! I'M OUT OF CONTROL!!! Way over 1,000 pics ... I can't remember the exact amount now!!! :confused3

So you should feel better about two for one trip!!!
:thumbsup2

Now I don't feel so bad. Last night when I was finishing day 2 of our five day December WDW trip, I came to the realization there is nooo way I was going to get all my pictures (600) into one 12x12 album.

Looks like I will be using another CM Disney album guilt free. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I'm working on our 2005 trip still..and DH told me that the scrapbook we bought at DW was just too small to fit all our stuff in.. So we are up to 2 books and still going...

My kids love it..because it gives them more things to look at... They are anxious to see what our summer album will look like..

My friends around here don't bring their cameras much to activities all the time..because I always have on in tow...

Okay. Now I'm not feeling so bad. I had to leave a lot of stuff out of our book like wristbands, park tickets, program guides, etc. If I go to two books, I'll be able to add that stuff. The bad thing about mine is that towards the end I was just trying to get as many pictures on one page as I could.

I feel a lot better now too! I have three 12 X 12 albums for one week at WDW, Sea World and Universal and a 4 day cruise from Feb 2005 with just over 1300 pictures in them. I take way too many pictures as well and can't seem to not print out all the good ones. I'm working on a WDW trip from August 2005 and narrowed my favorites down to 350 pictures (from 800) I had printed. It's still going to take up at least one full 12 X 15 Creative Memories album and possibly a second full album. I thought by going to a larger album, I'd fit more in and get them all in one album. I'm on day 3 of a 6 day trip and already have done 60 pages. We went to a lot of character meals (6) I just had to have printed. I also have 400 pictures from January 2006 to print out and scrap. I am not printing them out until I finish our August trip. We are heading on a WDW trip and week long cruise on the Disney Magic in a couple weeks and can only imagine the amount of pictures I'll come home with!

I feel your pain (or is it pleasure ... yeah pleasure!!)!!

I am currently working on the 12 x 12 book for our May 2005 trip ... I am on DAY THREE (out of nine) and have scrapped 62 pages as of this morning!! I may be half way through that day ... :rolleyes1 This was the trip that my two youngest dd's wanted to see every character, so of course that creates lots of photo ops!! We also do a lot of character meals ... we LOVE them!

I also did an 8x8 ABC's of Disney book for this trip, two pges for each letter!! That was a lot of fun and I did it right away!!

1) DH and I went to WDW in August 2005 ... I still have to get those pics printed and scrapped;

2) me, DD17, DD15 and my Dneice went to WDW in Feb 2006 for DD15s UCA Nat'l Cheer Comp in WDW ... still have to get those pics printed and scrapped, too!!!

I better get moving because we have a trip coming in August 2006!!! We're doing WDW for six nights and a cruise for the first time, a DISNEY cruise so you know how many pics will be taken that trip!!! :crazy:

Who am I kidding, I'll NEVER finish before August ... unless I quit my job and quit cleaning and taking care of the kids!! :lmao: :rotfl:

OK now I'm scared! DH took almost 5000 pictures during our December trip and that's after I deleted the bad ones.
This also doesn't include the April and October trips.

I haven't even finished our July 2004 trip either. guess I better get my behind in gear.....

I knew I could come here and feel better. :) I've managed just one scrapbook per trip, but for this trip I was scrapping more. I think when you scrap, you tend to take more pictures, because you just know you have the perfect page.

BernardandMissBianca said:
OK now I'm scared! DH took almost 5000 pictures during our December trip and that's after I deleted the bad ones.
This also doesn't include the April and October trips.

I haven't even finished our July 2004 trip either. guess I better get my behind in gear.....
:scared1: OH MY!!!! You better get moving girlie!!! YIKES!!

disneyfreakjackie said:
Almost embarrassed, but I did five 12x12 scrapbooks for one trip ... one for each park and one for the resort we stayed at and others we visited!!! I'M OUT OF CONTROL!!! Way over 1,000 pics ... I can't remember the exact amount now!!! :confused3

So you should feel better about two for one trip!!!
:thumbsup2

I am just as bad. I do at least 4 for every trip or more. I just can't help it. And with all the cute albums that come out I have to have every one so I may as well use them!

I'm a multiple album per trip gal too!!! This past trip was only for 6 days...& I'm on album #4.....I'm kinda like you Jackie...I have one album for each park & probably one for our resort & DTD.

I don't even want to guess on how many albums those 5000 ! pics would need!!!!

This thread makes me feel so much better! I have always been a one album per trip person, but some of them (like our Cruise last summer) are busting out of their album. I always end up leaving out the wristbands or fastpasses or menus or whatever that I saved just to get the stuff in! We are headed back in June (less than a month :banana: ) and then DH & I are going in September for my 30th birthday--looks like I should just plan on buying SEVERAL albums!

Thanks for making me feel better! :thumbsup2

I usually have at least two 12x12 albums and one or two 6x6 autograph books. (my dd's first trip we only had one autograph book - I learned my lesson from that!)

But we have also never stayed more than five days...should be interesting after our trip next year.

shalina

I am sooo glad that I read this thread. Everyone teases me about the amount of pictures that I take for each trip, but now I realize I have alot of company. I always need more than one book and that's with putting extra pages and extenders in each album. Everytime I go, I tell myself that I already have so many pictures of the world, maybe I'll take less pictures this time around. But I can't resist all the magical photo experiences that just seem to pop out all over the place. I quess it's just hopeless. :blush:

Boy have a found the right place for me! DH is the photographer and I do the scrapbooking. Well DH takes his duties very seriously and I thought we were the only ones. Yesterday we went to DL (we have AP's) and he took over 100 pics just for one day. We were just there Saturday and took over 100 then too. I must say very few of the pics are repeats. Its nice to finally find a place where others understand and the behavior is normal LOL!!!

I have 1000+ pictures from my last trip (note: I was there alone... so I didn't even have kids to take pictures of or so!! :rolleyes1 )

I haven't started on putting the pictures of my Greece-trip in a regular photo album (and I took that trip in 1997...)

I guess i'll have a "fancy" photo album for my WDW-trip, and won't start with a real scrapbook now...

:confused3 Maybe I shouldn't say anything...BUT for our first DCL vacation...I ended up having 4...Yep FOUR albums (12x12) to use our good photos and to capture EVERYTHING we did. :blush: Yep...I ended up having one for "ship activites"...and one for each port we went to. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter