I need someone to count back 31 days for me.....

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
Here is the questions,,,,if two trains are traveling....sorry wrong page.

Concern about DAS, and points going into holding. If we book, Sept. 30, one day stay and first day of park. And then have longer stays in another resort/resorts, if we get denied DAS, could we cancel and only lose/holding the points on Sept. 30 or will it see the whole 2 weeks as one stay?

It's 30 days for DAS and 31 for DVC. Anyone want to guess if this will work?

I wrote to MS, I wanted a date, like you must cancel by the Aug. 31, but they said I had to call, they couldn't give an answer over email or chat. They just kept saying 31 days to cancel. Curious they didn't want to answer in print. Nor did they give me a date, just the 31 days.

Cancel by August 30th to avoid holding status on a reservation that starts Sept 30th. And you can absolutely have separate reservations to reduce your holding points risk.

Cancel by August 30th to avoid holding status on a reservation that starts Sept 30th. And you can absolutely have separate reservations to reduce your holding points risk.
So just the first day, say AKL will go into holding and the BLT part will go back into use year.

My math is Aug 31, (30 days from Sept 30) request DAS. If denied , on THAT day, Aug 31 cancel DVC. Sept 30 going into holding, but Oct 1 from there on , points go back into use year.

Sound correct?

So just the first day, say AKL will go into holding and the BLT part will go back into use year.

My math is Aug 31, (30 days from Sept 30) request DAS. If denied , on THAT day, Aug 31 cancel DVC. Sept 30 going into holding, but Oct 1 from there on , points go back into use year.

Sound correct?

I don't think that is correct. Do you have one long 2 week reservation? Or is it a split stay with a room for 9/30 and the rest booked 10/1 - whenever? If a split stay, it would put the 9/30 reservation in holding but the 10/1 to whenever would be 31 days out and could be cancelled with the points returned to the UY.

I don't think that is correct. Do you have one long 2 week reservation? Or is it a split stay with a room for 9/30 and the rest booked 10/1 - whenever? If a split stay, it would put the 9/30 reservation in holding but the 10/1 to whenever would be 31 days out and could be cancelled with the points returned to the UY.
Multi split stay, one night, 6 night, 3 nights, 4 nights.

Multi split stay, one night, 6 night, 3 nights, 4 nights.

With a split stay, you will be fine. Only the first one that is 30 days out would go into holding. The subsequent have different reservation numbers and should not be a problem to cancel. Just be careful with your UY to ensure if you do cancel that you will still have time to bank the points if you want to. And that if you borrowed that those points will stay in the current UY.

With a split stay, you will be fine. Only the first one that is 30 days out would go into holding. The subsequent have different reservation numbers and should not be a problem to cancel. Just be careful with your UY to ensure if you do cancel that you will still have time to bank the points if you want to. And that if you borrowed that those points will stay in the current UY.
Thank you, just trying to minimize loss. We are buying tickets from UT, so can get 95% refund and SW will get credit to use sometime by somebody.

@jo-jo, I just want to say that I am sincerely sorry that the new DAS program is forcing you to even think about this at all.
Thank you.

Concerned about some of the stories I'm hearing, of what "options" might be suggested. Not going to have DH embarrassed or feel degraded , just so we can see fireworks and ride listen to the land .

facebook twitter