I need some encouragement

iluvorlando

<font color=green>Queen of DIS dorks<br><font colo
I haven't posted here much, but I have read some of the posts. For a myraid of health issues I have been on WW since September. Well, I have been doing really well, I have lost a total of about 29 pounds. But I am really having a hard time since I have had to change my point total (lower since I lost weight) and I have lost my motivation to exercise.

HELP!!

I really lost my motivation when I stalled a few weeks ago. Another DISer sent me a wonderful pm that really motivated me. She said that the motivation was in me. That just the fact that I was thinking about it meant that the seed of motivation was in me. That it would grow and soon I would be exercising. She was right...now I am a exercising freak, and I can't tell you how it has jumpstarted the weight loss.

You have it in you...you can do it, and you will succeed.

hugs

Thanks, glo. I'm going to print that out!!

I see butt boy is making his rounds too!;)

yes, sexy isn't he????

I like him :) :)

You can do it...the seed is there, or you would not be thinking of it. Let it grow and know it will make the weight come off faster. I have faith in you!!!

I think glo is right. You have the motivation or you would even be here.

I know you can do this. We're always here for you and we believe in you. Just come here anytime you need motivation.

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie, I know you can do this.

Katholyn

exercise is key at this point...don't give up!

Michele, first let me say congratulations, a 29 pound loss is awesome!! Great words of inspiration here. Let me say I understand about the change in points, I am one point away from going down a level (I have been hovering here for a week) and I have been anticipating it, so I have already been trying to cut back on my points before I have to, but I also find myself stalled on weight loss. I am sure it is because I have not exercised as much this week, actually I only exercised one day because I over did it and have had issues moving. At first it was because my body hurt all over and then it was easy to excuse it, I felt I lost my motivation. But what is getting me through this difficult time are these boards. I have been reading about Glo's plateau and her struggle and I have read about others and just reading what others say re-motivates me to make some changes. I am not really sure what point I am trying to make, perhaps I am saying you are not alone, I just think we all at one time or another, get to a point where our motivation is lacking and we don't see the progress we want to see, so that is why the support from WISH is important, it can help you to move forward and give you some needed motivation. Good luck, you have already done such a wonderful job by losing 29 pounds!

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Hey, Michele, how are you feeling today? I hope you are feeling happier and hopeful!!! :)

Last week I felt really crummy and ate a ton of food that wasn't very good for me. It just made me feel worse. I felt like the ugliest person on the face of the earth and I didn't want to leave the house.

My whole attitude turned around when I wrote out a healthy grocery list, bought a bunch of veggies and fruits, and realized that by simply following a healthy eating plan (WW!) I can and will do something about my body weight!!!

Today is a much brighter day. :) There is only one person who can change the way I feel about myself, and that's ME!!! I'm in charge of my diet, my attitude, my exercise program, my self-esteem, my thoughts, etc.

Some funks are hard to snap out of, but once you do, you feel like a completely reborn person! Everything seems fresh and new and exciting.

Take some time to appreciate yourself for who you are right now. Congratulate yourself on the WONDERFUL job you have done by losing 29 pounds!!!!!! Close your eyes and imagine you are sitting on a blanket at the ocean, all by yourself. It's early morning and the sun is just starting to crest the horizon. The surf is very gentle and the sound of it is soothing to your soul. A few birds appear at the shoreline, ready to hunt for their breakfast. Reach out and grab a handful of sand. Each grain of sand on the beach represents A MILLION galaxies (true!). Makes you realize how small we all are, just little specs running around on the surface of our beautiful planet. Do you feel tiny yet? :) :) :) :) :) That usually works for me. When I imagine how big the earth, our galaxy and the universe are, I feel lucky to be alive to witness it all. Then I realize I am perfect just the way I am, and I am ready to face the day!

Feel better soon!!!!!!!

Hugs and blessings, TigH. xo

The other posters gave you some great advice. Had to post congratulations on your 29 pound loss. That's fantastic! Hope you have a good week.:D

Congratulations on your 29lb weight loss. That is a great accomplishment. I do believe we all get in that "slump" at some time or another and I believe that is normal. But the advice that you received in the other posts is so true, you do have it in you. Maybe going back to excercising at a slower pace will help to motivate you. GOOD LUCK and we are all rooting for you:)

CONGRATS on losing 29 lbs!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
That is a great accomplishment!!!

I too have wondered how I'll do on WW when my points go down. Right now I have a lot of them so its not too hard. My WW leader said once that when her points went down she had to find more veggies she liked because she needed them to fill her up. I know that doesn't sound very appetizing (I am not a veggie eater) but I've had that in the back of my mind since she said that. Have you made the zero point Garden Veggie Soup? Its really actually good.

I think your body will adjust to the lower points if you really make an effort to stay within them for a week or so. I know its so hard. Let us know how its going. We're here for you. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter