I need help!

mom0299

DIS Veteran
I started the C25K running program this week. I have stopped buying junk and have made a committment to make healthy snacks for us. I plan menus and cook at home so we don't end up eating out. I do very well when I am at home, but when I leave the house I tend to fall off the wagon. I find myself going to the snack machine at work, yesterday someone offered me a piece of cake and I ate it. Today I was at a meeting and ate junk food. I always seem to rationalize it like, "it's just a small piece", "I'm going to run later", or "this is the last time." Please give me some tips on how to say "NO"!

I would suggest having healthy snacks in your desk. At any given time my desk has bananas, almonds, protein powder or meal replacement powder, low sugar (and no artificial sweetener) instant oatmeal, and we have a fridge I have other fruit or yogurt in.

If you know you are going into a meeting where there will be a lot of bad choices you don't want eat a hand full of almonds and drink a tall glass of water beforehand so you feel full.

I think Frank gave some great advice. Just want to say you aren't alone. Those are the tough times in a healthy lifestyle when you are around the stuff its there to eat. When at home its not. So hopefully stocking your desk and fridge at work can help. Or if no fridge close by or available bring an ice pack in a cooler with cool snacks. The gogurts(though not lower fat/calorie) are great to thaw for a later snack if kept frozen at home. My dd loves these and I snack on them occasionally too. They are a half serving(4oz) but I usually feel an energy boost after having one. The great part is no spoon is needed.

More of a mind trick for me, but I actually moved my schedule around so that I always work out in the morning. That way I tend to feel like eating better all day after that. It's that mind trick of "Hey, I already busted my rear at the gym (or running or a dvd, whatever), I'm not going to eat junk now and mess this good day up". :cool1:

Also, it helps me to plan my foods online in a journal first thing in the morning. I have used www.fitday.com in the past (currently I am using another program through my gym) and plan out my meals/snacks. It helps me to have a time table set up in my head. So if I break it down breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack, I know when my next meal is coming. So if I feel like I'm starving at 2p, I know I can probably wait another hour until 3p when I normally have my snack. popcorn::

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

My solution? No money. I rarely have cash on hand, only the debit card. No more buying snacks. I can't turn down a piece of birthday cake though.

Thanks everyone. I plan to take healthy snacks to work and leave the cash at home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter