I must be nuts....

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all....just returned from our 7 day Magical western cruise on May 17th...already have a surprise 3 day cruise on the Wonder for September.....unfortunately sailing on September 11th...we booked next May on the ship before we left....and I just called DCL and booked the Magic for November 29th eastern......just had such a great time on the 5/10 sailing just want to do it again...and again.....I just must be nuts.....And personally....I don't think I am the only person that does this....but they treat you so special.....and we get to see the ship decorated.....anyone else can relate?
Tom

How good is the discount for booking your next cruise while on board? We're sailing in July and anticipate booking the 7-day western for while on board.

There is a stateroom credit of $100 for 3/4 night cruises and $200 for 7 night cruise or 7 night land/sea combination vacation. But you must book on board.
You can transfer the cruise to another date and keep your stateroom credit.

IF you are DVC, there is a 3 day window from the date you return to Port to make reservations for points discount.

You aren't nuts. I made four reservations during our 5/3/03 cruise for 7 night cruises! Hey, we can only live once and my second home is Stateroom 5622!

Rae

We booked our next to last day on the ship....we decided to book an inside stateroom since we did not spend enough time in the stateroom to justify the extra money.....we got a $200 onboard credit.....and the inside stateroom was $799 per person for the western swing....you really don't save a lot of money booking onboard but the $200 bucks comes in handy...that is a lot of pina-colada's......Don't worry....be happy!
Tom

be careful, you'll be catching up with Barb & Tony shortly!!

Jeanny :wave:

Hi Tom. Welcome back to The Island!

already have a surprise 3 day cruise on the Wonder for September.....unfortunately sailing on September 11th

There's nothing "unfortunate" about crusing on that date. It is, I'd say, a good antedote to the fear those thugs have attempted to instill. May we all continue to ignore the calendar of their crimes against humanity as we send them all to hell...

Well said, BD - very well said!

Rae

exactly BD!!! We shouldn't allow them to continue terrorizing us, if we hide, then the terrorists win. JMO

Tom - good luck with your cruises
And this way you'll never think of 11/30 as the day you didnt cruise but the day you were on a cruise! I may need to take that advice someday.

It don't get no better than this...problem is my wife has nothing to do with me doing these cruises....I come up with the idea all myself....and yes...I have to pay for them but what better way to spend money....can't take it with ya and better than giving it to a doctor.......
Tom

Rae,
I'm curious about the point discount if you book another cruise onboard. Can you comment on that? We're cruising on points Nov. 29th (see you there, TChrist:D) I'm already thinking about the Western for next year. Is that sick?;)

You're in good company within this nut house. We did the 7 night Western on January 4th, just disembarked a 4 night Wonder this past Thursday and will rebook another 7 night either October of this year or the first week in January.
I am often criticized by those non-obsessed with all thngs Disney. Still, it's my time and money. The bills are paid, I have a job that I love so much that I will be happy to do it to my dying day and am learning to let go of the odd stares and rolling eyes of family members when they hear of another Disney adventure.
I even relocated to Florida almost a year ago to have more access to the World that I love (that along with fabulous beaches and never having to drive through a blizzard again).
The world beyond Disney can be too overwhelming, demanding; those of us that wrestle with taking life too seriously may gladly skip down Main Street USA, Inner Child firmly gripping our hand, enjoying the respite from what lies in wait on the other side of those gilded gates.
Enjoy Every Moment,
Dawn Hope

Hey DisneyGal~
we're going on the 1/3/2004 western ... how was it this year weather wise at the different ports? Did you get to Castaway Cay , how was the water there if you did get there???
Thanks for your help...
Jeanny :wave:

I am with you Dawn Hope, life is too short. Keep doing what makes you happy and forget about what other people think!
Those people will wake up some day and realize what they have missed!

Questions regarding DVC point discount. Do you have to make ressies on board? We returned on the 18th did we miss the window? How good is the discount, should I call MS tomorrow?

I am with you Dawn Hope, life is too short. Keep doing what makes you happy and forget about what other people think!
Those people will wake up some day and realize what they have missed!

Questions regarding DVC point discount. Do you have to make ressies on board? We returned on the 18th did we miss the window? How good is the discount, should I call MS tomorrow?

CORRECTION: We returned on the 22nd.

Sorry still feeling those Bahama Mama's:p

You are not nuts. We were on the May 10th, 7 day Western cruise. That was our ninth Disney Magic cruise. While onboard we decided to book our 10th and 11th 7 day cruises, and we also threw in a 3 day Disney Wonder cruise in August.

If you really enjoy doing what you like best, why not!! You only live once. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanny,
We were hesitant to rebook for the same week in January. The weather was okay. Key West - breezy and cool, temps in the upper 60s, we couldn't dock in Grand Cayman due to high seas, Cozumel was perfect, warm, sunny and in the low 80s, Castaway Cay was around 70 - too cool for my group to go into the water, but then again we are now spoiled by the warm gulf waters.
But all in all, for us, it is less about warm weather and more about the experience onboard. We loved our sea days more than the port days. The fact that we will most likely be joining you on January 3rd is testimont to the belief that it is a good week inspite of the iffy weather. You will have an extraordinary time even if you never leave the ship. Hope to see you there - Dawn

Although I didn't book with points this time, I am curious about the incentive. I don't recall being offered one last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter