I Miss the Old Pin Trading Days

dizfan0134

Earning My Ears
I started collecting on my first trip which was 2004 and absolutely fell in love. There was no better thrill finding the exact pin you've been looking for on a CM and trading for it. It seems like today, the pin trading just isn't what it used to be. I don't think Disney markets the pin trading as much as they used to, and not to mention, everyone goes on eBay and buys the $.50 fake pins and trades those, so it seems as if those are all CMs have these days. Regardless, it sucks. That was one of my favorite aspects of Disney and I feel like it's completely gone away. Am I the only one?

Our family did pin trading on our last trip to WDW. Wife and kids loved doing it. Were many of the pins "fake"? Likely so. But, they picked pins they liked and we have like 3 shadow boxes with them inside. Occasionally, they'll look at them and remember aspects of the trips. It's a good conversation starter with them.

Oh of course, however things used to be a lot different. It was thrilling to get a nice big limited edition pin as a kid. I've tried introducing it to my younger brother and sister, but they didn't take to it as much as I had when I was younger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter