I"m Feeling Depressed Because Hollywood Is On Strike

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I hope it's not a big deal, but I'm starting to feel depressed because Hollywood is on strike. I was so upset that the AMPTP is too stubborn to make another negotiations. And I've got very obsessed and keep saying such nonsense like it's the end of Hollywood or end of Disney. I was hoping it'll end next month, but now I'm becoming a bit pessimistic and feel like the strike will last until 2024 and maybe Disney should cancel the whole 100 Years of Wonder and delay Wish. Now, I don't blame the strikers, I agree they need better pay and end this A.I. nonsense. But those AMPTP refused to negotiate and I've heard they want the writers and stars to starve to death. I need to get out this obsession. I think I should make an appointment to see my psychiatrist. So how should I cope?

That is a super tough one. Sometimes it's hard to break the cycle of obsession until you've found something else to spend your time on. Do you have a go-to? Maybe walking or yoga or puzzles?

You can also try out a new hobby that you've wanting try. Crafting, gardening, painting are all great options. I was in a funk earlier this spring so I took one of those paint and sip classes. It was so much fun! I think I'm going to do another one soon.

And of course, a therapist is great. I love having someone to talk to about things, even when I'm having an okay week. Highly recommended!

And of course, just know that this strike will end eventually. It may not seem like it, but it will!

Sending big hugs!

So Hi, I’m sorry you are starting to feel depressed about it. Do you think it’s the right word ? Do you think you’re anxious about it? You are going to far in the future already.
Don’t worry, they won’t starve, but ya I think it may go on for a bit. Try looking for something new to peek your interest in the meantime,,, reading ? blogging?

I would call my psychiatrist to go in. No judging by the way, I also see one.

I guess anxious would've been a better word. I was going to plan to see my psychiatrist, but he's on vacation right now, so I'll wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter