I LOVE ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT!! Just got back!!

*Fantasia*

<font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c
I love it!! The atmosphere...the food...the service...the friendly helpful staff!! I just love the pool and the lobby and everything else. Though I pay for std view, I am very lucky enough to always get the IOA view!! And this time, I was able to get the pool view and the IOA view! Maybe it pays to be a Loews Gold Memeber!! I stay here long enough and often enough, so I guess its only fair. :) As you can see my signature, I have stayed here many times.

The cookies and milk!! YUMMY!! We always choose this for the complimentary welcome. We also get newspaper everday. But I never got the chance to read them. So I took them home!

We are always lucky to get a chance to watch the Torch Ceremony at nite at 6:30 at the pool. We get to see the Hula Dancers and the guy with the fire. My kids were chosen to dance with them. Then that same nite, we went to the Island dining restaurant and the same Hula Dancers were also there. And my kids got lucky! They were up there again with the dancers! I get to talk to one of the dancers. She is soo nice and not to mention...she is gorgeous!

We always get the chance to watch the movie at the pool and it's every Friday nite at 7.

The water taxi...I love taking the boat! We never waited more than 10 minutes for the boat. Acutally most of the time the wait was only about 5. They run frequently which is great.

There is this carving wood guy right by the shop by the lobby. He carves frogs and frogs only. In Indonesia..it means it gives you good luck. I got the chance to talk to the Idonesian girl that was there with that carving guy. The frogs that you see in the hotel is made by this man. Incredible!!

We were supposedly also stayed at Disney CSR...but I love this resort soooo much...I ended up staying at RPR for the whole entire trip! I didn't mind the drive to Disney. It only took me about 15-20 to get there and it is sooo easy.

We did the character breakfast at Confisco's. ....UMMMM...something like that...can't remember the exact spelling. It's at IOA. The food was good and the characters are great! We met Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Sam I Am, and Woody Woodpecker. It was really kewl!!

We had a wonderful time all around and the weather...WOW!!! Always sunny and the temp in the low 80s and at nite around 65. Just beautiful. My kids went swimming even though it was 65 at nite, but the water was warm enough to swim in it where they won't freeze their butt. It was great!

The food...kind of pricey...but it was delicous! I would recommend their chicken with mash potato and their broccoli. I forgot the name of that dish. But anyway...it was YUMMMMY!!. Even their hamburger was delicous!

GrinchMas....awesome!! The atmosphere at the Suess Landing was nicely decorated. We got the chance to get our pixs taken with the Grinch. The Macy's Parade...awesome!! We enjoyed watching the parade! FOTL...what can I say...I LOVE IT!!!

I love Orlando! I think I may just move down there with my 2 kids this summer. Already started to look for an apartment. Wish me luck!

Glad to hear you had such a great time! We stayed at RPR in August and LOVED it. We are thinking of going next weekend and I was debating on whether to stay at PBH or RPR and I think you have sold me on going back to RPR! We never saw the torch lighting ceremony so there's my excuse for going back! I have forgotten which tower it is that gives you the IOA view with the standard room. If you are standing at the pool facing IOA it's the further to your right. I want to request a room there. It worked for me last time.

I so wanted to go for Grinchmas but we couldn't work it out. Another excuse to go back next holiday season! LOL I hope you get your move worked out. You will probably have to visit RPR several times while looking for an apartment don't ya think? :D

We were there on Friday night for the Hulk movie. I was the one with my jammie pants on (must pack warm clothes for next trip). My son was asleep in the stroller while we were watching the fire eater and the hula dancer. What a perfect night for the movie and swimming. Glad you had as wonderful a time as we did.

The wood carving guy was really nice. Max Mehra? He even had his dog with him and offered to let my son pet him, but my son is allergic to dogs so we said "hi" from a distance.

Thanks guys! Yes we had a wonderful trip..as always. The other reason why I love this resort so much is that this resort is exotic. The HRH is very nice but it looks like your ordinary luxury hotel but has lots of memorabilia of the artists. PBH which I have visited and swam in their pool is very nice too, but I don't like the fact that you're a bit far from the parks and you don't have a view or good view of the parks.

I was thinking about staying here again at RPR while looking for an apartment, but to stay there for 2 weeks might be kind of expensive. Maybe I'll stay there for a few days.

If anyone staying at RPR, please give my regards to Will, Paul, Josh and Chris. They work at the pool. Also please say hi to Adelina for me, she is the housekeeping of the ground and in the lobby. She is very nice. They are really cool people. Considering I keep coming to this resort, I start beginning to know the staff there. I think I just made some few friends there. One even asked me if I might be interested as a Luau dancer!! He thought I got the look to be one! How nice! ;)

Can you please tell me more about the character meal you attended? Did you make reservations in advance? Do they always have this? I would really appreciate any information you might have - my kids would love this!!!:D

Your report on RPR was GREAT! We are looking forward to being there in 44 days and counting!!

Originally posted by *Fantasia*
I think I just made some few friends there. One even asked me if I might be interested as a Luau dancer!! He thought I got the look to be one! How nice! ;)

See, now you have to move to Orlando. You already have job offers!:D ;)
Glad to hear you enjoy your Universal stays. I love reading your happy reports.:sunny:

Fantasia, I remember from earlier postings that you have two young children. I'm thinking about going to Orlando with my 4yo (my husband and I are bringing all 4 of our kids to Universal during spring break and we might bring them to WDW next January). I think that he would really enjoy having a trip that revolves around what he would like to do since we usually have to do a lot of compromising with kids who are far apart age-wise.

My question to you is how do you manage a trip with only one adult? Obviously I wouldn't be able to do the rides that he's not big enough for. The parks aren't really an issue, it't more logistical concerning flying, getting to the hotels (do you rent a car, take a towne service, or what?), etc. I will probably go to Universal for a couple days (we have annual passes or I probablywouldn't bring him there since we are going there in early April) and then WDW for a few days. I would love any hints that you probably have.

Thanks, T&B

3for Me--We also attended the character meal at Confisco on our last trip to UO (12/21). If you are not familiar with it, Confisco is located near the entrance to IOA just before you turn to your right to go over to Suess Landing. They only do this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think the hours are 8:30 - 10:30 AM. We arrived around 9:15 AM and did not have reservations, but were seated fairly quickly since we were on site guests. There was a bit of a wait otherwise, but it didn't seem too long. GREAT character interaction! They were very interactive and playful and even though there was a full dining room, I felt we got a lot of attention from all of the characters. (Cat in the Hat, Thing One and Thing Two, Sam I Am). Before Grinchmas there were reports on these boards that the Grinch also went to the breakfast. Maybe now that Grinchmas is over he has returned. The price was $15 for adults and $9 for children. They add 15% gratuity to your check without regard to the size of your party. Typical breakfast items on the buffet. Good, but nothing to write home about. It's not about the food.

I'M GONNA BE 40 -

Thanks that was just the information I was looking for! We are going to be there on a Sunday Morning so that would be a great way to start the vacation!!!

Thanks again for the quick response - I love these boards!!! :D

The character breakfast sounds good! Do you get priority if you are an onsite guest?

Yes. When we were there my husband was told there was a 30 minute wait. I asked my husband if he had presented his room key. He hadn't, so he went back, showed the key and less than five minutes later we were at our table!

[color=royal blue]Sorry it took me a while to get back on this board. Been working hard! Anways...thanks IMGONNABE40! for answering 3for Me's questions.

We just walked right in and were seated. The characters took their time with us. They were in no rush to meet everybody, cause it wasn't crowded at all...mind you, we were there the first week of January so there really wasn't much crowds.

T&B--
How do I do it with 7 and 4? It's very easy, maybe cause I've done this too many times just me and the kids.

Flight- non-stop, this is a must! don't do the red-eye flights.

Town car service- FL TOUR ...But since I am moving to Florida, this last trip, I decided to rent a car (National). It was great! It is sooo wonderful to just drive around Orlando. Lots of souvinier shops and restaurants and outlet factories!! It is sooo easy to get from Universal to WDW! It is also easy to get to/from the MCO. If you're not going out of the Universal/Disney boundaries, then I say go with FL Tours. Between the two parks, I take the yellow cab. I think the cost is about $27 one way. Then on the way back from the airport, use FL Tours. Don't worry about catching a cab, there are cabs out at the front waiting.

FOTL is WONDERFUL!! It is soo easy to bring the young kids there cause there is no long wait in line. Most of the kiddie rides you don't wait at all, you just walk-on and ride. There's plenty enough rides for the kids, things to see and do. I would recommend doing breakfast character meal at Confisco. It is very worth it! Also if your child likes Scooby and Shaggy, then go to the Island dining restaurant at RPR for dinner.

Make sure in the middle of the day to take a break. Go back to your resort to take a nap, swim, or eat at the pool bar for a lite snacks. Walk around the resort and absorb the ambience of what the resort has to offer. I this helped you is some ways

Thanks Tinkbell!
Yep! I don't have to worry about finding a job there! Hmmm...can I hula? :Pinkbounc [/color]

Thanks for the tips, Fantasia.

I just made the plane and hotel ressies today! I will probably be renting a car because I got a good rate at Pop Century and will be driving back to Universal. This will be the first time that I won't have FOTL, but I can't see paying 3 times as much (actually, more) for a room during a slow time. I can see how the other side lives. lol

Our flight is non-stop, which is good. I took a red eye (by myself) from Seattle to DC a few weeks ago and it wasn't too fun an experience, but I can't imagine doing that with a child.

When we're at WDW I'll make sure to take breaks if the parks are open late enough or at leave leave when we need to if they close early. I need to remember to keep a slower pace than what I am used to.

Your children are adorable!

T&B

T&B you are very welcome! Make sure you get up early enough to get to Universal so there won't be much wait in line. When in IOA, do hit the Suess Landing first. Then maybe after the rides, try to catch the character breakfast at Confiscos. And if you're doing USF, do Jimmy Nuetron and Shrek first, then you might want to head to Woody woodpecker rollercoaster.

Good luck and remember to take it easy and have lots of fun!! BTW...Thanks for the compliment! They are my muchkins!

Fantasia,
If you don't already have a job in Orlando, I don't think it will take you very long to find one. How about publicity for the Royal Pacifica? Your postive attitude is so refreshing! (And, you do have the look of a hula dancer) We are considering this resort for our Dec. trip. Loved the Poly at Disney! I think these two resorts are the closest I will ever come to my dream "Hawaiian" vacation.

Originally posted by jova
Fantasia,
If you don't already have a job in Orlando, I don't think it will take you very long to find one. How about publicity for the Royal Pacifica? Your postive attitude is so refreshing! (And, you do have the look of a hula dancer) We are considering this resort for our Dec. trip. Loved the Poly at Disney! I think these two resorts are the closest I will ever come to my dream "Hawaiian" vacation.

If I can't transfer my job there, I will apply at RPR for a front desk clerk and if not, I may just do the hula! My kids love to dance especially my daughter, she loves to hula! :)

I've visited Poly, though it is nice, my friend who is from Hawaii who came with us said that it is outdated. He said that Poly looks like from the 70s. And when we stayed at PRP, he was WOWed!! He said that it doesn't compare to Poly. It is very updated and everything is brand spakin' new. You will love RPR if you like the tropical island feeling.

You're not even inside the building yet and you can already feel that island feeling cause they have the south pacific music and the exotic plants and the entrance to the lobby give you that warm tropical welcome feeling.

Enjoy!! You won't regret it! It would be nice if they hire me to publictize this resort. :)

Hello
we are staying at RPR in Nov.i was wondering if we do the character breakfast thing if i could take along my digital and get some pics of my kids with the characters?Did you see anyone else doing this?My kids would be thrilled if we could bring home some pics of them with characters.The hotel review was Great!
We are soooo excited this is our first trip to Orlando.Actually this is our first vacation.LOL.My kids are 8 and 11.1 girl 1 boy!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter