I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is ok to post here? I have a Disney Visa and was thinking of sending my DH a referral so I would get 100 Disney reward dollars and he could get a $200 statement credit. My question is how long does it take before he would be able to use his card assuming he gets approved? Will he have to wait until it comes in the mail or do they give you a credit card number in an email? I was hoping to purchase WDW theme park tickets before the change in ticketing that's coming on the 16th and it'd be nice to take advantage of that $200 statement credit.

For those who either upgraded their SPG personal to Lux or even considered it...what was your offer? I think @MrPTato, @Judique, @CyndiLouWho? Any chance it was 100k after $4k spend? I have googled it and looks like the common offer was to spend $5k if getting the 100.

I swear my offer was spend $5000 in three months and get the 100k bonus points. I have been plowing through on it while at the same time working on my BGR. From my math which I have kept up on and double checked I still have about $2k on the BGR and $800 on the Lux. Tonight I got on the app to check and my $100k points have posted on the Lux. Double checked that it was not just on the app but on the actual Marriott account and it is there (100,000 bonus Lux posted 10/11). Any ideas? Should I keep going and meet the $5000 I was planning on or do you all think I am good now? If I don’t need to spend on the Lux I will definitely back off so I can finish the BGR and then get going on the personal Gold when it arrives. Not to mention the general “Amex don’t hate me I will spend a little on all my cards” plan. I am not complaining but it is a weird problem to have.
Mine was for sure 100k points for 5k spend. I am only half way there but will probably hit MSR in the next week since we now need a new water heater for $2k. Cha ching.

Chase Marriott people,

When do I start to panic about my 100,000 point bonus not posting? We applied for the card back in July with the 100,000 point bonus for a $5000 three month spend. We got a statement in August for the $95 annual fee. Our September statement had a balance of $5002.00 which we paid in full. I just paid our October bill - $145.00. Still our Marriott account only shows 10,295 points. I read on here that Chase was very slow to post bonuses, but I figured it would be posted by now. I need to book a rewards night soon for a December cruise. When do I start to worry, and how do I launch an investigation?

I think mine showed up when my statement closed the month I hit the $5000. Did you hit the $5002 close to the statement date? If so, it may not all have counted for Sept. Has your Oct statement actually closed yet? If the Oct statement has closed I would be calling Chase to inquire.

Another thing to consider - Are you sure it is connected to the correct Marriott account? Are some of those 10,295 points from you regular monthly usage of the card?

Last edited:

Chase Marriott people,

When do I start to panic about my 100,000 point bonus not posting? We applied for the card back in July with the 100,000 point bonus for a $5000 three month spend. We got a statement in August for the $95 annual fee. Our September statement had a balance of $5002.00 which we paid in full. I just paid our October bill - $145.00. Still our Marriott account only shows 10,295 points. I read on here that Chase was very slow to post bonuses, but I figured it would be posted by now. I need to book a rewards night soon for a December cruise. When do I start to worry, and how do I launch an investigation?

So for me my regular spend points had posted on the 9th, 10th, and 11th of the month following my statement close date. Look back and see when your points posted so you have an idea of what day following your statement close they should come over. They aren't overly helpful when you call and give you the "it can take up to 8 weeks" spiel. My 100K bonus points took the longest and I think ended up being the 12th or 13th after the close date.

Honestly, I don’t know what a movie costs nowadays either. A few months ago, we were paying $13/ticket at AMC; more recently, we’re paying $7.79/ticket. I don’t really like the tickets from Costco because they’re blacked out for (most? all?) new releases on opening week and maybe the week after. We’ll often sneak in water, popcorn, and snacks, too; but when we do buy drinks and snacks, MPX can be really handy.
We can usually see new release animated movies for $5.79 if we go Saturday or Sunday before 1. Since we pretty much always see movies as a family, it works out fine. (Can’t recall the last ‘adult’ movie I saw)

I must say, I have no SB love. Like less than zero. Every few months I will think "maybe now I'll like it?" and after clicking around and watching videos that slow my computer down and have a bunch of pop-ups I decided "Nope!". CC, churning, and gift carding have all spoiled me and getting a couple pennies for annoying videos just doesn't cut it. My BFF like it cause she can turn it on in the background at work but I don't have a job where I can do that. To each their own!

Also: I hate the Aviator Biz website. So so much hate. I got a late fee on our account because their website was designed by a monkey and when you login it doesn't take you to the 'main' account page it takes me to my DH's individual card which showed a 0$ and no payment due. Imagine my surprise when I checked my mail and found a statement with a $19 late fee :mad:. Even after logging in I thought there was an error because I could not find the balance or even the late fee. Only after clicking around did I find a tab for "company account" which showed everything. That website is absolute garbage and light years behind Chase, Amex, Barclays and Discover.

I sent a SM conveying my displeasure and letting them know I would likely not renew and also not spend further on that card until they develop a much better website.
Oh my it sucks so bad. I thought Citi Biz was bad until I saw Aviator Biz website. It’s poor design and bad graphics are like a kindergartner designed it. I also doubt I’ll renew because of the website and plus, churning.

Chase Marriott people,

I was starting to worry too. I applied for the card 6/26. I just got my points this past Wednesday 10/10. I met the required spend back in August. I called on 10/9 when my statement posted and it didn’t look like the points were there. Before she looked it up she said it can take up to 2 statements. Then said she could see that I would be rewarded the 100,000 and it should show up the next day. And it did.

He has cash back due from his Sept. statement, I am assuming it will still show up if I downgrade him?

I would hope so since he has already earned at the higher rate. I'd probably make a note of the downgrade date just so you can double check it.

When I use Gyft I go in to the store to purchase the WM gift cards. I then use the preloaded gift cards for my purchases. I haven’t done any online shopping with them. I’m not even sure our WM has online shopping for grocery pickup. I’m just happy to get the 5x UR for my groceries. I use the same WM gift card for $.03/gallon savings in the gas station that is in the parking lot. That particular gas station isn’t owned by WM but offers a discount with WM gift card.
oooh, I see. I always do grocery pickup and it doesn't seem to allow gift card for payment, so I don't get to do my CIP/Gyft, unfortunately.

I think mine showed up when my statement closed the month I hit the $5000. Did you hit the $5002 close to the statement date? If so, it may not all have counted for Sept. Has your Oct statement actually closed yet? If the Oct statement has closed I would be calling Chase to inquire.

Another thing to consider - Are you sure it is connected to the correct Marriott account? Are some of those 10,295 points from you regular monthly usage of the card?
Yes, the 10,295 point are from our regular monthly usage of the card. At 2x points, we obviously met the $5000 spend.

So for me my regular spend points had posted on the 9th, 10th, and 11th of the month following my statement close date. Look back and see when your points posted so you have an idea of what day following your statement close they should come over. They aren't overly helpful when you call and give you the "it can take up to 8 weeks" spiel. My 100K bonus points took the longest and I think ended up being the 12th or 13th after the close date.
I'll take a look. ETA: 8/19 and 9/20. So maybe it will post on 10/20. Fingers crossed!

I was starting to worry too. I applied for the card 6/26. I just got my points this past Wednesday 10/10. I met the required spend back in August. I called on 10/9 when my statement posted and it didn’t look like the points were there. Before she looked it up she said it can take up to 2 statements. Then said she could see that I would be rewarded the 100,000 and it should show up the next day. And it did.
This makes me feel a little better. I am exactly one month behind you. So hopefully that means my bonus will post in November?

Thanks everyone. If they don't show up soon, I will call Chase.

Hope this is ok to post here? I have a Disney Visa and was thinking of sending my DH a referral so I would get 100 Disney reward dollars and he could get a $200 statement credit. My question is how long does it take before he would be able to use his card assuming he gets approved? Will he have to wait until it comes in the mail or do they give you a credit card number in an email? I was hoping to purchase WDW theme park tickets before the change in ticketing that's coming on the 16th and it'd be nice to take advantage of that $200 statement credit.
Unfortunately you will not receive a card number via email. It will likely take 7-10 days to receive the new card.

Chase Marriott people,

I hope you get your points soon, sounds like it's not long from now.

I will point out that you do not need points in your account to make an award night booking. Just go ahead and reserve the property you want now, and when you have your points in your account, you can pay for your room that way. Your reservation will need the points payment 10 days prior to your check-in. This is true for Marriott properties that were Marriott pre-8/18/18. If you're looking at a property that was a Starwood property prior to 8/18/18, then this points advance functionality may not be in place yet (despite the merger).

ETA: Check the "Use Points" button to make the reservation. Making a cash reservation and later using points for it is not the same thing and won't work. There has to be award night availability in order to reserve an award night.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Marriott offer on their AMEX card?
DETAILS
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay with Marriott from 8/27/2018 to 10/25/2018. See terms for exclusions.

Have a stay at the Westin Nashville starting tomorrow. I will pay for one night, company is paying for the other 3. Room rate is 279 with tax is 349. Was going to use my SPG Biz but wondered if the offer will kick in. Is tax considered room charges or is that only things like room service?

I think the problem with your plan is that Westin is a Starwood brand, and despite the merger the Starwood legacy properties are being treated differently. The fine print on that offer says it:

"Excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection, W® Hotels, Bulgari®, Sheraton®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Protea Hotels®, Aloft®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Element® and Vistana™."

I copied and pasted that from the Amex offer I have for $60 off $300 Marriott. That said, the offer isn't supposed to work on gift cards, and the gift card purchase worked for me. So there may be some YMMV but I would be surprised if you get the $60 off.

ETA: Still would be good to earn the 6x points using your SPG Biz.

Last edited:
I think the problem with your plan is that Westin is a Starwood brand, and despite the merger the Starwood legacy properties are being treated differently. The fine print on that offer says it:

"Excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection, W® Hotels, Bulgari®, Sheraton®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Design Hotels™, Tribute Portfolio®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Protea Hotels®, Aloft®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Element® and Vistana™."

I copied and pasted that from the Amex offer I have for $60 off $300 Marriott. That said, the offer isn't supposed to work on gift cards, and the gift card purchase worked for me. So there may be some YMMV but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get the $60 off.

Good catch!! I was thinking of the charge, and totally glossed over where the charge was coming from :laughing:

Honestly, I don’t know what a movie costs nowadays either. A few months ago, we were paying $13/ticket at AMC; more recently, we’re paying $7.79/ticket. I don’t really like the tickets from Costco because they’re blacked out for (most? all?) new releases on opening week and maybe the week after. We’ll often sneak in water, popcorn, and snacks, too; but when we do buy drinks and snacks, MPX can be really handy.
What's MPX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter