I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

This is new (to me). Signed DH up for GE. Next appointment at the nearest location is October. Not really a problem as his TsA precheck doesn’t expire until early Dec and we don’t have any travel until April 2025. But I’ve gotten 2 email notifications from that location about earlier appointments. That is a nice change so I don’t have to stalk the appointments like I did for mine. Slightly bad as they been like the same or next day and that make it tough to plan time off from work.
I like this post!! An email from them is great! I'm actually headed today, in one hour, to my GE appointment at IAH. I had tried every.single.day to find one for months with no success at IAH, San Antonio and Austin.

One day last week I decided on a whim to just look and there was an appointment for today!! I had mostly given up and thought -- I'll just make the appointment for when I return from Europe this summer and I'm actually already there. Needless to say I'm super excited to get to that appointment today. hehe

Question about Disney Premier Visa:
2% back at most Disney Locations

Do you earn 2% on purchases in parks and at resorts? Merchandise, food, experiences, etc?

Question about Disney Premier Visa:
2% back at most Disney Locations

Do you earn 2% on purchases in parks and at resorts? Merchandise, food, experiences, etc?
yes
but for food i use amex gold for 4x also stacks with ap discounts etc.
you don't get it on park passes or tickets I found out I called back and gave them one of my 1.5x cards I was disappointed.

yes
but for food i use amex gold for 4x also stacks with ap discounts etc.
you don't get it on park passes or tickets I found out I called back and gave them one of my 1.5x cards I was disappointed.
Thanks! I get 3x on two different cards for dining but was curious what "most Disney locations" referred too.

for the Hilton Biz free night, when does the certificate expire? I got it last July, so is it an exact date to expire,like the date of app? I'm assuming it won't work for after that date, but I plan to cancel after the year is up so wanted to try and use it before then

Did anyone get this email from Hyatt? I have a few trips already booked with reward points, all stays will be completed within 90 days of registration (today). Do I need to cancel and re-book them (subject to availability) after registration to take advantage of the 20% bonus back?

Anyone know first hand?

TIA.

ETA - Is redeeming a free night reward totally different from using reward points to book free nights?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523-155624.png
    Screenshot_20240523-155624.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 11
We have a CSR which still has the restaurants for a bit longer through priority pass.

If you get lunch in the restaurant, can you use your priority pass card to go into the lounge too? I’d really like to just go in a get a couple of sodas if possible.

for the Hilton Biz free night, when does the certificate expire? I got it last July, so is it an exact date to expire,like the date of app? I'm assuming it won't work for after that date, but I plan to cancel after the year is up so wanted to try and use it before then
You can see the expiry date on the HH website. It's at the bottom of the page, where the FNC is listed it will show an expiry date. They are good for 1 year from the date of issue, however HH will extend for 2 weeks, but it has to be within 2 weeks of expiry (I don't really see the point in this tbh). I was able to get both of mine (August expiry) extended for a few months, but it took 2 phone calls and a long chat with a supervisor (who was incredibly helpful).

Did anyone get this email from Hyatt? I have a few trips already booked with reward points, all stays will be completed within 90 days of registration (today). Do I need to cancel and re-book them (subject to availability) after registration to take advantage of the 20% bonus back?

Anyone know first hand?

TIA.

ETA - Is redeeming a free night reward totally different from using reward points to book free nights?

In general, you don't need to rebook for Hyatt offers. You can double check the fine print. These are targeted offers, so we have different versions. Nothing on our fine print that would suggest a rebook is necessary.

ETA - free night reward is the same as using reward points. That wording makes it sound like an FNC, but that doesn't make sense since you're getting 20% points back.

We have a CSR which still has the restaurants for a bit longer through priority pass.

If you get lunch in the restaurant, can you use your priority pass card to go into the lounge too? I’d really like to just go in a get a couple of sodas if possible.

Sure, there's no limit on number of lounges per day. :)

Last edited:

Anyone know first hand?

TIA.

I would think yes that a credit card free night award is different than a points based free night.

And, jealous of this offer. I am about to book 3 nights for 87K points so would love 20% bonus.

As far as rebooking, there should be something to tell you those terms in your email such as a date range.

In general, you don't need to rebook for Hyatt offers. You can double check the fine print. These are targeted offers, so we have different versions. Nothing on our fine print that would suggest a rebook is necessary.

ETA - free night reward is the same as using reward points. That wording makes it sound like an FNC, but that doesn't make sense since you're getting 20% points back.

Sure, there's no limit on number of lounges per day. :)

I would think yes that a credit card free night award is different than a points based free night.

And, jealous of this offer. I am about to book 3 nights for 87K points so would love 20% bonus.

As far as rebooking, there should be something to tell you those terms in your email such as a date range.

Here is the fine print:
1716510454241.png

I can't tell but it seems to imply that only points redeemed within 90 days after the registration is eligible, meaning I have to redeem the points within the "promotion period," which technically didn't start until I registered today.

If there is still availability for the rooms, it may be safer to re-book?

Am I reading too much into the verbiage?

Thanks!

Here is the fine print:
View attachment 862455

I can't tell but it seems to imply that only points redeemed within 90 days after the registration is eligible, meaning I have to redeem the points within the "promotion period," which technically didn't start until I registered today.

Thanks!

In the middle of that it says "For purposes of this promotion, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay...".

Here is the fine print:
View attachment 862455

Thanks!

In the middle of that it says "For purposes of this promotion, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay...".

I think you are good to go.

You can see the expiry date on the HH website. It's at the bottom of the page, where the FNC is listed it will show an expiry date. They are good for 1 year from the date of issue, however HH will extend for 2 weeks, but it has to be within 2 weeks of expiry (I don't really see the point in this tbh). I was able to get both of mine (August expiry) extended for a few months, but it took 2 phone calls and a long chat with a supervisor (who was incredibly helpful).
thanks!

Anyone thinking about getting the Amex Bonvoy Business card? I'm on the fence. We need another MSR.

Earn 5 Free Night Awards

after you use your new Card to make $8,000 in eligible purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.†
This can be a great offer, or not. I got the Chase Marriott with the same offer earlier this year and struggled with a redemption. Originally hoped to use at Swolphin but no rooms under 65k points could be found. (I had seen some rooms at 50-60k before having the 5 FNC) Finally found a Residence Inn in San Diego for this summer. I’d definitely have a plan and a backup plan to use them, and look for places you’d like where peak is <65k points.

Anyone thinking about getting the Amex Bonvoy Business card? I'm on the fence. We need another MSR.

Earn 5 Free Night Awards

after you use your new Card to make $8,000 in eligible purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership.†

This can be a great offer, or not. I got the Chase Marriott with the same offer earlier this year and struggled with a redemption. Originally hoped to use at Swolphin but no rooms under 65k points could be found. (I had seen some rooms at 50-60k before having the 5 FNC) Finally found a Residence Inn in San Diego for this summer. I’d definitely have a plan and a backup plan to use them, and look for places you’d like where peak is <65k points.
Like @CyndiLouWho , I also recently got the Chase version.

I used 3 of the nights just last weekend at the Springhill Suites at Disneyland, and then the other two a couple months ago- one at the Fairfield at Disneyland and one at a Courtyard in Long Beach the night before a cruise.

I think those were all within 5K points of 50K.

Maybe not the best value for some, but it got me where I "needed" to be with no OOP cost (except the ever-present parking, of course) so I was pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter