I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Apologies because I know this was covered back in March but I just want to make sure

For the hilton biz card- are you using buyhiltongiftcards dot com? I cant see a way to buy them from hilton dot com directoy

Apologies because I know this was covered back in March but I just want to make sure

For the hilton biz card- are you using buyhiltongiftcards dot com? I cant see a way to buy them from hilton dot com directoy
I get to buyhiltongiftcards from a link at the bottom of hilton. I just bought for a surpass and a biz card and both were reimbursed as soon as they shipped.

We’re looking at going to Arizona next March for about a week. We would fly into Phoenix. Is there enough to do in the Phoenix area for a week with a 4 year old? Should we make the drive up to Sedona?

I asked about this last year but we ended up not doing the trip and also decided to make it an entire week instead of just a weekend.
We did Flagstaff and Grand Canyon so I can’t speak specifically to Phoenix but Grand Canyon was amazing. We took a train from Williams AZ to the Canyon which was fun and of course the Canyon is breathtaking. Not sure of weather in March.

We did Flagstaff and Grand Canyon so I can’t speak specifically to Phoenix but Grand Canyon was amazing. We took a train from Williams AZ to the Canyon which was fun and of course the Canyon is breathtaking. Not sure of weather in March.
The canyon coaster I was looking at is in Williams! Did you stay by the canyon or take the train there and back in one day? Dh wants to see the Grand Canyon but I’m not sure if we should wait until ds is older and can appreciate it more. I feel like it might be hard to fit Phoenix and the Grand Canyon in one trip.

ETA: After looking more at the weather I think we would stick to the Phoenix area in March even though we would love to do the canyon coaster. I didn’t realize there was such a big temperature difference between Williams and Phoenix

Last edited:
The canyon coaster I was looking at is in Williams! Did you stay by the canyon or take the train there and back in one day? Dh wants to see the Grand Canyon but I’m not sure if we should wait until ds is older and can appreciate it more. I feel like it might be hard to fit Phoenix and the Grand Canyon in one trip.

ETA: After looking more at the weather I think we would stick to the Phoenix area in March even though we would love to do the canyon coaster. I didn’t realize there was such a big temperature difference between Williams and Phoenix
We stayed in Scottsdale, it is beautiful there. I think there is an aquarium but we didn’t visit it. I would stay there for a couple of days then go to Sedona. We were there last March and the weather was perfect

I think Sedona is very nice. I would take a Pink Jeep tour that takes you into the mountain for some breathtaking views. But it's bumpy so it depends on whether your 4 y/o would find that fun or annoying

We stayed in Scottsdale, it is beautiful there. I think there is an aquarium but we didn’t visit it. I would stay there for a couple of days then go to Sedona. We were there last March and the weather was perfect
Thanks! I’m thinking we might do something like that, split the time between Sedona and Phoenix

Last edited:
I think Sedona is very nice. I would take a Pink Jeep tour that takes you into the mountain for some breathtaking views. But it's bumpy so it depends on whether your 4 y/o would find that fun or annoying
He would probably think that’s awesome. Usually he looks for our reaction first so if we make it fun he’ll love it.

Last edited:

We stayed 3 nights at the canyon rim but 1 night in Williams before then took the train which is right next to the hotel. https://www.thetrain.com/
You can leave your car at the hotel for the duration of your stay at the GC. Flagstaff & Williams are definitely cooler. There is a lot of snow & skiing in Flagstaff from what I understand. I thought I was going to die from the heat when we stepped off the plane in Phoenix, Flagstaff was a cool relief. It would probably be a lot to do GC and Phoenix in 1 trip.

Hey RDU flyers! Just checking in to see if any of you have booked next spring flights to Europe using both a direct flight from RDU (LHR, CDG, FRA) and points. Any success stories? We pushed our fall plans to Europe to next spring. Still deciding the exact weeks but we're getting into the window (may already be if we try to overlap with some friends). Would love to know if you've utilized the direct flights from RDU or if you ended up booking via a larger east coast airport and positioned?
I see deals pop up on thrifty traveler but I've not acted on them.

Last edited:
Hey RDU flyers! Just checking in to see if any of you have booked next spring flights to Europe using both a direct flight from RDU (LHR, CDG, FRA) and points. Any success stories? We pushed our fall plans to Europe to next spring. Still deciding the exact weeks but we're getting into the window (may already be if we try to overlap with some friends). Would love to know if you've utilized the direct flights from RDU or if you ended up booking via a larger east coast airport and positioned?
Not yet but plan to. My mother has been wanting to go to Paris for a long time so we're finally going to make it happen, we're thinking May 2025

To @Duckbug.Ducktales @iujen94 @StephPlum and others who have gotten the Citi Biz AA card recently -

Did your SUB post, and were you able to combine your AA miles easily from the Biz AA account to your personal AA account?
DH got one back in October. We met the spend in late November right before the statement closing date. The miles did not actually become available until mid January, annoyingly. However, once available in the BIZ AA account, we were able to transfer them to my personal AA account, which was nice because then we could do a single reservation for both our flights returning from Japan this November. I like the ability to transfer to anyone from Biz AA account without paying fees. If the elevated Biz AA offer from Citi is still around in July, I might get it for myself to build our AA stash back up.

To @Duckbug.Ducktales @iujen94 @StephPlum and others who have gotten the Citi Biz AA card recently -

Did your SUB post, and were you able to combine your AA miles easily from the Biz AA account to your personal AA account?

No issues. SUB posted last month. Transfer was easy once I saw where the business account was.

They'll approve without SUB, so I was a little paranoid about that. Triple checked my last SUB post date.

I am hoping for an Amex transfer bonus soon to Flying Blue, then I'll get our points lined up to book flights to Paris for DH and I to take my mother. But I have seen the 50K biz class flights RDU-CDG a few times, especially Sundays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter