I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Hey Europe travelers. Narrowing down our 2025 trip. Doing a tour group. One goes to Germany, Austria, Prague and Hungary. The other Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Pros and Cons on eavh one. Both 10 days and similar in price. Anyone have any recommendations and why. Also the companies we are looking at are Traflagar, Collette and Globus. Anyone have any experience with these groups.
I just took a peek at the Collette 10 day Austria & Switzerland tour. One nice aspect is that you are only at 2 hotels, and not changing every other night. Stay at hotel 4-5 nights and each day bus to a specific destination. This limits your time at the destination (and what destinations you go to each day) since you have to bus back to the hotel, so there is a trade off. But, as with a first trip to WDW, you can't do it all at once, and everything you experience will be new. Maybe think about how you would want to do a Disney trip - rush all over and try to see as much as possible, or take your time, enjoy the sights and know you will want to come back for more.

Read trip reviews. One recent reviewer on the Collette trip with only 2 hotels felt that too much time was spent on the bus going back and forth. That reviewer would have preferred changing hotels more frequently so more time could be spent at destinations. Consider what your travel companions would prefer. Our trips to Europe have been on river cruises so we had the best of both - only one 'hotel' but traveling in that hotel from destination to destination, so no back tracking. In our family, we've had experience with EF Tours and Gate1 tours, so can't speak to the groups you mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm so far behind.

Do we know, is Chase sending out amended 1099's for something? I have two, and I believe they were for a support bonus, and also for the points I got from opening the Marriot/Bonvoy card. I thought I had seen some discussion about possibly amended 1099 for the Bonvoy points.

We are SO far behind on our taxes this year (oops!) so I am finally getting my things together.

Thank you!
Probably not for the support, but probably yes for your points.

I'm sorry I'm so far behind.

Do we know, is Chase sending out amended 1099's for something? I have two, and I believe they were for a support bonus, and also for the points I got from opening the Marriot/Bonvoy card. I thought I had seen some discussion about possibly amended 1099 for the Bonvoy points.

We are SO far behind on our taxes this year (oops!) so I am finally getting my things together.

Thank you!
I got a corrected 1099 a week ago for the Marriott Free Night certificates, I had gotten a weird $467.xx 1099 for them before, and that was corrected to zero. What type of points did you get a 1099 for?

HI
not sure what to do. just rec'd P2 statement with AF for his venture x. I don't anticipate being able to go thru the cap 1 portal to book any travel in the near future. dvc for wdw, river cruise booked, hotel and flights booked, . other trips are possibilities but not definite. would use miles for fights and points for hotels.
is there any other way to make use of the $300 travel credit.
assuming no, I'm going to cancel the cad but what can he open to transfer his unused points to or should I just transfer them to Hilton or Marriott or Hyatt

thanks

I SMd Chase about matching the 90k on my Ink, that I got in January. The public offer was still there at the time, but I used the support link with the 75k. In January they said to message back when I met the spend for the match. I have done that now, and they said they had to send it to another department and could take 6-8 weeks. Never had that response before.

Somebody here was asking about overhead bins in regional jets. One of the jets asked about was an E175, it it's normal configuration it has 76 seats and space for 36 full size carryons. That is going to change on United, they just announced that by the end of the year, 50 of them will get new overheads which will fit 65 carryons. By the end of next year they will be installed on 150 planes.

I SMd Chase about matching the 90k on my Ink, that I got in January. The public offer was still there at the time, but I used the support link with the 75k. In January they said to message back when I met the spend for the match. I have done that now, and they said they had to send it to another department and could take 6-8 weeks. Never had that response before.

That is strange. I did the exact same thing and got the message asking me to message back after hitting the spend (although it was worded kind of oddly, I thought). I did that right after the 75,000 hit and they credited me within a few days. Hope it ends well for you too!

Probably not for the support, but probably yes for your points.
Ok... I just picked up the mail and I do have an amended one for the Marriot card... previously it said "other income" of $338 and the new one says zero.

The support one says "other income" of $400 (which still seems like a strange amount since the support bonus was either 75K or 90K points (I cannot remember
I got a corrected 1099 a week ago for the Marriott Free Night certificates, I had gotten a weird $467.xx 1099 for them before, and that was corrected to zero. What type of points did you get a 1099 for?
I had the 5 nights up to 50K points a piece one, and just got an amended one for that.
Somebody here was asking about overhead bins in regional jets. One of the jets asked about was an E175, it it's normal configuration it has 76 seats and space for 36 full size carryons. That is going to change on United, they just announced that by the end of the year, 50 of them will get new overheads which will fit 65 carryons. By the end of next year they will be installed on 150 planes.
That was me! Thank you!

I'm looking for a way to generate rewards toward Delta flights. We spend a few thousand a month with our bank debit cards. It seems like that could add up to help on the one or two flights we take a year if we just used a different card and paid it off each month. We are actually ready to book a flight and the Delta AmEx Gold offer popped up which got me thinking about this. I do not know if that is still a good program for rewards from spending rather than flying.

My only current rewards card that sees any use is Costco.

I'm looking for a way to generate rewards toward Delta flights. We spend a few thousand a month with our bank debit cards. It seems like that could add up to help on the one or two flights we take a year if we just used a different card and paid it off each month. We are actually ready to book a flight and the Delta AmEx Gold offer popped up which got me thinking about this. I do not know if that is still a good program for rewards from spending rather than flying.

My only current rewards card that sees any use is Costco.
:welcome:

Basically brand new to the world of CCs! Very exciting. Please take some time to review Page 1, especially the first 2 posts as within there is a rundown of the info we'll need from you to make good cc recommendations. We can definitely help you use your spend towards covering some flights in your future!

FWIW I suspect a DL card is actually not what we're going to recommend for you, it only earns DL miles which are subject to devaluation and can be difficult to use if miles prices aren't good on your routes. It does get you free checked bags so it might be a card to have in your wallet if you fly DL a lot but the most spend you should put on it is enough to hit the bonus.

No cards applied for in the past 2 years. Mine are very old, mostly with Citi, one unused CapOne Silver

Monthly: $3-4000 that could be paid on a card instead of debit
Paid off monthly
Airport: DTW
Preferred Airline: Delta
Southwest services DTW but not a lot of non-stop routes we would take so it is not preferred.
No preference on hotels other than Disney
We have some Delta direct miles
Goal: Discounted flights to Disney/Orlando and savings on Disney vacations, preferably as DVC members soon
Trips: At least annually
Travel only with spouse usually.

Ok... I just picked up the mail and I do have an amended one for the Marriot card... previously it said "other income" of $338 and the new one says zero.

The support one says "other income" of $400 (which still seems like a strange amount since the support bonus was either 75K or 90K points (I cannot remember

I had the 5 nights up to 50K points a piece one, and just got an amended one for that.
My Marriott bonus was only 3 FNC so it was so weird the first 1099 valued them so high! (A lot more than the 5 FNCs?) As far as the other one, if you look at the account number in the first column it tells you what card account # it was attributed to, that might help you figure it out. It is not for the 75,000 or 90,000 pts, but for referring someone else for the card.

That was me! Thank you!

Support was 40,000 points so $400 is correct. It was the SUB that was either 75K or 90K.

The support one says "other income" of $400 (which still seems like a strange amount since the support bonus was either 75K or 90K points
The support points were 40,000 on an Ink….the sign up bonus was either 75k or 90k

My Marriott bonus was only 3 FNC so it was so weird the first 1099 valued them so high! (A lot more than the 5 FNCs?) As far as the other one, if you look at the account number in the first column it tells you what card account # it was attributed to, that might help you figure it out. It is not for the 75,000 or 90,000 pts, but for referring someone else for the card.
Oh right! Thank you
Support was 40,000 points so $400 is correct. It was the SUB that was either 75K or 90K.
Thank you!
The support points were 40,000 on an Ink….the sign up bonus was either 75k or 90k
Thank you!

You all are the best!

I received a similar message when I SM'd for the match after meeting the MSR. It said it would take up to 5 biz days for the other dept to respond, which I think it took 4-5 days. After that dept responded, I received the points match shortly after, maybe even instantly. I think the 6-8 weeks might just be a standard language they use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter