I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Do any of you have AA executive card? I just got approved for that. I did it on a whim. The AF is obnoxious, but I live at an AA hub and fly on them almost exclusively. Now that I have it I think the Admirals club might be worth it, especially with free AU's that get full access. I'm not sure this was a good decision, but at times I'm impulsive.

I'm trying to stack some AA points. Three months ago I got the Barrlay business for the second time, and now the excutive and I can get the AA citi business again this Fall..it's hard to believe it's been four years.

I want to fly business to Japan. I'm thinking maybe Alaska cards next? Strangely I don't have any BA cards, but we have a mortgage with BA that's almost paid off..... Or should I just hit the Chase business inks?

I just finished the spend on the ink cash. I"ll be under 5|24 again on 8\1. I'm thinking " the inks" while the good times are rolling.

I get flyers every week for the Amex Business Gold and Platinum that would make the posters on Reddit hyperventilate but I just can't make the spend.
DH has the executive card, he got it when the SUB was 80k miles, we enjoy it because the 4 of us can go in the lounge.
That is the only real benefit, we aren’t flying AA much next year so we might not keep it.
Made up my mind! want to go for amex personal platinum. Via my amex portal and the reddit site I am only seeing 80k SUB. I think I'll wait until it increases again

but, how do I apply or follow a link incognito? I use a regular PC

thanks for all the advice
I've updated my Amex support link on DisChurners that has the 125K link if you open in Incognito.

Yes it's r/amex. It can be helpful but it can also make you roll your eyes several times a day.

DH has the executive card, he got it when the SUB was 80k miles, we enjoy it because the 4 of us can go in the lounge.
That is the only real benefit, we aren’t flying AA much next year so we might not keep it.

I've updated my Amex support link on DisChurners that has the 125K link if you open in Incognito.
tried firefox and edge incognito and got the 80k offer

I'll try chrome on my phone

Last edited:
Please use the Reddit Amex board. They have referral links pinned to the top that offer the best incentives that have been sent out. The link takes you directly to the application.

is that different than dischurners? was going to use referral link bu nothing
Please be aware the Dis does not allow referrals. As such, we avoid the use of that word here and prefer ‘support’. We share support links on a private Dischurners group on Reddit.

I can't believe I don't have anything locked down or booked for 2024 yet. Tentative plans are:
Mar - Key West and Everglades
June - UP Michigan
Aug/Sept - Yosemite

I'll have a bunch of FNCs (4 IHGs and 3 Marriotts). Any recommendations in the Keys for either brand that hopefully are at a price point I can use these?

I'm planning to use 1-2 near the airport when I fly in/out for Yosemite. But I want to stay in the park so no FNCs for that. I think there might be an opportunity to use in Michigan, just haven't researched yet.

Also in the Keys, is February better than March.? I am not tied to a Spring Break week so I can pick my dates.

Thanks.
We are looking at Feb in the Keys too :-)

Darlings, allow me to vent for a moment, if you please...

My stepchild just moved the WHOLE wedding (not the date, just the venue) from one state to another... I am eating a non-refundable hotel ($700 in points) and $50 car cancellation fee... H is like "it's not like it was *REAL* money... dude, that's half a ticket to somewhere WAAAAAayyyy better than Missouri (which is where we are now going. Ugh.)

At least the flights didn't cost anything to change, in fact we now have a credit balance we can use towards the eclipse next year... but ARRRGGgghhhh!!!!!

I booked non-refundable because I figured she might cancel or reschedule the wedding and we would just have ourselves a nice little weekend getaway. Never occurred to me she would change the entire venue at the last minute!!!!

**SO** mad

I know, I know... lesson learned, blah blah... but I also know you feel my pain :(
Holy heck. Double whammy because you knew she was a flake, you just anticipated the wrong type of flaking :(

is that different than dischurners? was going to use referral link bu nothing
DISchurners has many Amex support links. Any link will get you to any Amex card. Whether you can pull elevated offers is on you. Try different browsers, clearing cookies, incognito, etc. Once I got an elevated link only by going via my phone on LTE.

Also try without a support link if you aren’t getting what you want and see if that changes the offer.

This time next week we will be on our way to Edinburgh then onto Barcelona. I am so excited and nervous! I feel like I have nothing planned except for the cruise. I have our excursions booked for the cruise ports and tickets reserved for Sagrada Familia. Would love any recommendations for Edinburgh or Barcelona.

We are flying Alaska Airlines into Seattle this summer. My mom can walk, just not long distances at all. She is concerned about needing a wheelchair when we arrive in Seattle. Can this be arranged ahead of time? I'm thinking you could talk to the gate agent at the departing airport and they could help arrange it, but I figured someone here would know!

I really feel like I am winning at life this week!

Since Wednesday, I’ve added on a second 150 VGF contract, I finally got approved for my second SWA card so I can earn CP, and late last night I booked a WDW trip for Labor Day weekend, at SSR standard studio for 2 nights, and BWV pool/garden studio for 1 night. I wasn’t excited about SSR, but it’s all that was available. So I put in a waitlist to swap those 2 SSR nights for BWV, not expecting it to come through. Well, I just realized it came through. It wasn’t even a whole day later. I’m just sitting here in shock. We’ve never stayed at BWV or any of the other Epcot resorts before, but I’ve always wanted to!

2024 trips-

June 2024 - Alaskan Cruise on NCL Encore

Nov. 2024 - Wdw/ DCL cruise to Bahamas. Hoping to leave on Thanksgiving. I have always wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner at Disney. This year it lines up where I don’t work Thanksgiving, Dh doesn’t work Thanksgiving or the weekend after it. DS turns 10 later that month and I really want to get on more trip in before then. I also want to get the kids(6 + 8 ) on a Disney Cruise. They havent been yet since Covid cancelled 2 I had booked.

The Alaska cruise is kind of on the fence. The $$$ adds up pretty quick. I just added on at VGF and since I had planned to wait for the new Poly tower, I had to take a big chunk out of our vacation fund to pay for it. If I sell some DVC resale points(which was always the plan) it will work out. If I don‘t ( bc I love my points!) we will probably love Alaska back a year.

I am also looking at ways to use points to cut down the cost of the Alaska trip. If I can get it down to just paying the cruise cost, where points cover flights, hotel, activities it’s a go.

Since Wednesday, I’ve added on a second 150 VGF contract, I finally got approved for my second SWA card so I can earn CP, and late last night I booked a WDW trip for Labor Day weekend, at SSR standard studio for 2 nights, and BWV pool/garden studio for 1 night. I wasn’t excited about SSR, but it’s all that was available. So I put in a waitlist to swap those 2 SSR nights for BWV, not expecting it to come through. Well, I just realized it came through. It wasn’t even a whole day later. I’m just sitting here in shock. We’ve never stayed at BWV or any of the other Epcot resorts before, but I’ve always wanted to!
party: Congrats…we own DVC at BWV and love it …so convenient walking to Epcot and Studios…

Welcome home! I've been eyeing adding on at VGF as well. Add-on-itis is real.

i wouldnt necessary say you would. Walk into a japanese pharmacy, you might actually find a japanese version of it that you might actually like a lot better than the US version.

my family has a lot of japanese medication we use over US versions... ie the equivalent of stomachache, bug spray, etc.

edit: assuming we are talking about Japan though... haha
im thinking non otc medications :(
also i saw stuff like nose spray wasn't allowed stuff like that.

I would check with a pharmacist or a physician. The Japanese list has some obvious and not so obvious things on their list (I'm not so sure how fluid it is- I don't keep up with its regulations since it's a twice and done for me place lol). Definitely better to be safe than sorry if you're really wanting to go!
I'm already going I just wonder what medications I can take. I'm thinking I have to email them and just make a list.
first time in my life I'm thinking of myself as a walking pharmacy.

DH and DS (age 19) have their Global Entry interviews this afternoon (DS17 and I are still impatiently waiting for approval). Anything they should take with them to their interview? Also, any thought whether it would do ANY good for my DH to nicely say, “hey, any chance there’s a way to know when my my wife and son might get conditionally approved” or something like that? (Not that the person would actually know the answer, but maybe they’d push a magic button that would get us out of limbo?? 😂)

BWV is awesome! We would own there if it wasn't for the expiration date. Maybe we'll own the next iteration 😉
Congrats on you wait-list win and welcome home!

DH and DS (age 19) have their Global Entry interviews this afternoon (DS17 and I are still impatiently waiting for approval). Anything they should take with them to their interview? Also, any thought whether it would do ANY good for my DH to nicely say, “hey, any chance there’s a way to know when my my wife and son might get conditionally approved” or something like that? (Not that the person would actually know the answer, but maybe they’d push a magic button that would get us out of limbo?? 😂)
nice good luck waiting on my DD passport renewal so I can get her global entry as well, I wonder what they are going to ask her hope its a unicorn pop quiz (shes 6).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter