I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone have any tips or tricks for booking activities on the Chase travel portal? Trying to do San Diego zoo tickets using CSR points for the 50% bonus. When I add to cart, it just says it failed and to try again. I tried calling but the phone agent had the same problem and told me that the activity may be sold out.

Except, it's not a specific tour, it's just zoo and safari tickets. There's no way they are sold out for some random August day. Other than checking back every few days to see if the error resolves, I'm not sure what else to do.
Can you buy VGC at the grocery store and use that to buy them online directly from the zoo?

Anyone have any tips or tricks for booking activities on the Chase travel portal? Trying to do San Diego zoo tickets using CSR points for the 50% bonus. When I add to cart, it just says it failed and to try again. I tried calling but the phone agent had the same problem and told me that the activity may be sold out.

Except, it's not a specific tour, it's just zoo and safari tickets. There's no way they are sold out for some random August day. Other than checking back every few days to see if the error resolves, I'm not sure what else to do.
That’s interesting because I’ve purchased tours and tickets through the portal a number of times, no problem. The fact that the agent couldn’t get it either implies a glitch in their system. Especially if the zoo has tickets available on their own website. I’d give it a day or two and try again. Otherwise as mentioned by @becauseimnew try VGC from the grocery store then use PYB.

That's interesting. Is there a list of problem medications anywhere you can easily point me to? I don't have anyone on stimulants but one of my DDs travels with a veritable pharmacy! Lol. Nothing on any schedule in the US.
No simple list that I found, but a complicated set of restrictions for both some common over-the-counter medications and prescriptions. Some are banned, some require permission, and others just need limited quantity.

Start here for research.

https://www.ncd.mhlw.go.jp/en/application2.html#list

When getting Invisalign becomes a travel hacking story. Last year, I timed purchasing Invisalign with picking up the Alaska Air business credit card for the 70k bonus miles to add to my small stash in AS. Our flight from Tahiti to Los Angeles was scheduled for Saturday morning at 7 am (it’s still Friday here) and we would arrive at 6:45 pm PST and then our next flight is at midnight Sunday to get to Miami on AA. I decided to check and see if there were any other flights available for this evening rather than getting up at 3 am Saturday morning. Sure enough, we found award flights on Alaska Air to fly Air Tahiti Nui in business class for 60k miles and $65 in taxes per person. Our Air France flights were 249k AF miles and about $500 taxes total. Well, we booked the flight and canceled the Air France one. So I have a nice refund in taxes coming my way and got back all my Air France miles which I will use for a future trip. Now we are getting in to LA Saturday morning. Instead of waiting at the airport until midnight, we’re going to Disneyland! Invisalign for the win! 😂

I have a question about credit limits on chase. Can the available $ credit limits be moved from one card to another?

If so, how do I do this?

Thanks!:)
They can be moved personal to personal cards and business to business cards.
I’ve SM Chase to do so always confirming at the end…I would like my card ending in 1234 to have xxx CL and card 5678 to have yyy CL since they messed up the transfer once

I'm with you on this. I have been slow to make plans for next year. DS is starting HS and who knows how that will go, plus I'm starting a new job next month and have no idea how time off will work. But the cap on it is what you mentioned. My mom is 80 with health issues, FIL is 83. In addition we have 2 dogs who need watching. We adopted an almost 8 yr old rescue last year, who had been abused in the past (owner's boyfriend locked him in crate and poked and teased him.) We have boarded him at a local animal hospital and he did fine at first. Then spring break this year, he was there for 8 days and lost nearly 10 lbs. They didn't say anything so I don't know if he refused to eat or they didn't feed him, but not taking him back. Last weekend we went to NOLA for 5 days and 4 days in, the new vet we boarded at calls to say he nipped a tech. He didn't bite hard but did break skin when she reached into his cage to get an empty food bowl. I have a feeling that it was a combo of stress and the above abuse when she tried to quickly reach in he found it threatening. He has never bitten before but obviously leaving him there is not ideal. DS has a soccer tournament in a couple weeks, so DH will stay home with the dogs while I take DS.

I have a spreadsheet on iPad but a paper calendar with each credit card listed on the day it is due, along with pay days. It's easier for me visually than a spread sheet, especially as I pay all the bills including DHs cc's. Following due dates for 15-20 cards is too hard for me otherwise.

I am so jealous of that number of URs! I tend to spend as I accumulate and I absolutely do PYB. To me, free is free.

As far as CC due dates…I’ve adjusted all of mine so they are due on the same date…I find it much easier to deal with

When getting Invisalign becomes a travel hacking story. Last year, I timed purchasing Invisalign with picking up the Alaska Air business credit card for the 70k bonus miles to add to my small stash in AS. Our flight from Tahiti to Los Angeles was scheduled for Saturday morning at 7 am (it’s still Friday here) and we would arrive at 6:45 pm PST and then our next flight is at midnight Sunday to get to Miami on AA. I decided to check and see if there were any other flights available for this evening rather than getting up at 3 am Saturday morning. Sure enough, we found award flights on Alaska Air to fly Air Tahiti Nui in business class for 60k miles and $65 in taxes per person. Our Air France flights were 249k AF miles and about $500 taxes total. Well, we booked the flight and canceled the Air France one. So I have a nice refund in taxes coming my way and got back all my Air France miles which I will use for a future trip. Now we are getting in to LA Saturday morning. Instead of waiting at the airport until midnight, we’re going to Disneyland! Invisalign for the win! 😂
lol side note on this, what do you think of Invisalign? I'm getting it soon, either that or something like Smile Direct/Byte where you do it at home instead of at the ortho. I can't decide which, but leaning towards Invisalign, so it's supervised and done correctly. Any input appreciated! I'll also get a new card to pay for it (probably CIU), but I doubt my travel hacking will be 1/4 as good as yours lol.

Can you buy VGC at the grocery store and use that to buy them online directly from the zoo?
I could, but it would really eat into my redemption. 1.25 instead of 1.5, paying the VGC fee, etc.

At that point, I'd want to do the math on whether I used the tickets as a redemption opportunity or just bought them with fee free VGC where I'm earning the 5% with CIC.

Same! Well, I've been planning on 2025 for a few years now since that's when my DD graduates from college and she's wanted to go forever. I feel like I'm planning for 2024 though since that's when I'll have to swoop in and try to get lie flat seats on points which seems like a full time job in itself! Fortunately, we can be very flexible with travel dates.

We haven't made any plans for 2024 yet, but I'm hoping for Spain/Portugal/Morocco. Still trying to decide what to do in Nov. for DH's 50th birthday! Just got back from an Alaskan cruise so we need to recover from that a bit.
I'm going back and forth for Spain/Portugal and Germany for next year too :D

No simple list that I found, but a complicated set of restrictions for both some common over-the-counter medications and prescriptions. Some are banned, some require permission, and others just need limited quantity.

Start here for research.

https://www.ncd.mhlw.go.jp/en/application2.html#list
did you just email the airport so you have it at customs? I keep forgetting to do this. It sounds like my allergy medicine might be banned but I rather ask I guess I'm going to sneeze the entire trip. Wouldnt this be the best coarse?
This list has a bunch of chemical names makes me want to reach out to my buddy whos a scientist or maybe a doctor friend.

I have some orphaned citi thankyou points. I have no idea what to do with them. I have no desire to pay another annual fee so I'm thinking of cashing them out... unless it makes sense to park them with a partner airline without any concrete plans for travel yet. Any ideas?

I could, but it would really eat into my redemption. 1.25 instead of 1.5, paying the VGC fee, etc.

At that point, I'd want to do the math on whether I used the tickets as a redemption opportunity or just bought them with fee free VGC where I'm earning the 5% with CIC.
Are the prices on the portal the same as direct? I’ve noticed that the portal usually has higher prices.
You also have to think do you want “free” tickets or is the redemption value more important? I always count the VGC fee as part of travel expenses, just like all the other credit card fees and I still always come out spending less on travel.
But of course like other have said recently churning is your own path and do what’s best for you. I’ve cashed out thousands of dollars at a 1CPP and 1.25CPP and I have zero regrets.

Are the prices on the portal the same as direct? I’ve noticed that the portal usually has higher prices.
You also have to think do you want “free” tickets or is the redemption value more important? I always count the VGC fee as part of travel expenses, just like all the other credit card fees and I still always come out spending less on travel.
But of course like other have said recently churning is your own path and do what’s best for you. I’ve cashed out thousands of dollars at a 1CPP and 1.25CPP and I have zero regrets.
Yes, same prices in the portal for this one. Everyone seems to have the 2 day ticket at the same price, so the 1.5 redemption was the main cost savings.

I'm not opposed to using UR at 1 or 1.25, but with Hawaii 2024 on the horizon, I'm thinking I'll have plenty of opportunities to get that 1.5 value in the near future, so I'm not doing 1 or 1.25 redemptions right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter