I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

First time trying to buy A1-15 with SW. it’s only giving me an option to pay with points. I can get them for free with the SW CC. Is it not possible to pay cash if I booked on points?
That's weird. I've only had the option to pay cash and we almost always book on points. Maybe try again or a different browser.

Just to confirm, you're trying to upgrade your boarding after check-in, correct? You aren't trying to rebook your existing points booking to a Business Select fare (if this, points would be the only option and this isn't a SW card free benefit).

@CyndiLouWho - I love the bear picture! I have recently become so interested in bear. I’ve been watching all the National Geographic bear shows on Disney plus. I would love to see a bear so much.

Thank you for the tip about booking excursions through Chase. It might work out where we can cover at least 1 with points, which the way the cost are creeping up quickly will be helpful. We really want to do the helicopter to the glacier/ride with sled dogs excursion.

Q: Southwest flight credits

I'm running into a problem with SW flight credits. Originally booked with a LUV voucher (I think). I've rebooked the flight 6 times as the flight price has dropped, saving each person about $83. However, it's creating an individual flight credit for each time, but they all have the same confirmation number. When I do a dummy booking to use these flight credits, I get this error message:

1685731375180.png
It'll use two of the credits but not the four others. So clearly it sees these as 6 different credits. This is going to be very frustrating when I actually try to meaningfully use these small credits. I know the combining trick, but they are so small I don't know how I would actually buy a dummy flight to combine them. Any thoughts?

They are both walkable to campus, a long walk but I've done it before. There is a Holiday Inn Express, The Campbell House and a Candlewood Suites that maybe a little closer to campus but not a lot closer than the Hyatt or Hilton. These are all in fine neighborhoods and, although I haven't stayed in all of them, I've heard good things about them all. I think for orientation/move in any of them would be fine. Just as an FYI, if you are planning to visit anytime in the months of October or April make your reservations well in advance. Hotels book up for Kenneland racing as well as football weekends in the fall. You should definitely visit sometime when they are running at Keeneland, one of the best things to do in Lexington.

I'm kinda jealous, we couldn't talk our oldest into UK, it was too close to her (4 hours) and she thought the dorms were too nice. Ok, kid have fun walking down hall to take a shower.
The dorms and sports are what sold ds. And the dorm situation appears to be a disaster this year—too many freshman needing housing. I’m nervous (not quite sure he’s ready) but only time will tell. He’s excited so I will hope for the best.

And thanks for the information on planning ahead. Dd is in Atlanta and there are so many options there’s never really an issue.

We're coming back from Milan on an Emirates flight to JFK the Sat after Thanksgiving. It gets in at 7 pm. We need a connecting flight to get home that night and our options are Delta at 9:10 pm or JetBlue at 10 pm.

The JetBlue flight seems like the much safer option but I'd much rather take the Delta flight as it's fewer points and Amex transfer is 1:1. Anybody have more experience at JFK and could chime in? What would you do? Note that we won't have kids in tow and and have Global Entry.

One plus for Delta that might mitigate the time difference somewhat is that both Emirates and Delta use Terminal 4, while JetBlue is Terminal 5.

Did you look at the 7 Night Voyage of the Glaciers cruises? The Sapphire Princess and Royal Princess will be alternating cruising Northbound and Southbound voyages between Anchorage and Vancouver which leave and return on Saturdays. We are on the Southbound cruise and will be flying into Anchorage and then flying home from Vancouver. Both itineraries go to Glacier Bay.
We prefer a RT cruise mostly because flight to/from Anchorage seem much more expensive than Seattle or Vancouver. I’m still in the investigation stages so I’m keeping them in mind.
@CyndiLouWho - I love the bear picture! I have recently become so interested in bear. I’ve been watching all the National Geographic bear shows on Disney plus. I would love to see a bear so much.

Thank you for the tip about booking excursions through Chase. It might work out where we can cover at least 1 with points, which the way the cost are creeping up quickly will be helpful. We really want to do the helicopter to the glacier/ride with sled dogs excursion.
I originally booked a float plane to glacier (thru Chase portal) but chickened out when two float planes crashed into each other the week before our cruise. I just couldn’t do it. Non refundable so I lost points but not cash. Ended up on one of the Disney excursions last minute which was good but $$$.

I can personally attest to the OM at San Tan having variable load DGC up to $500. I’ve purchased many over there. Depending on who’s working they may ask for ID matching the credit card.
I had the offer on two cards so I bought two.. no questions asked. (At San Tan)
Thanks! Now I just need to keep an eye out to see if it shows up on any other cards.

That's weird. I've only had the option to pay cash and we almost always book on points. Maybe try again or a different browser.

Just to confirm, you're trying to upgrade your boarding after check-in, correct? You aren't trying to rebook your existing points booking to a Business Select fare (if this, points would be the only option and this isn't a SW card free benefit
Ahhh so I have to do it once I check in. That makes sense! I’ve ever only bought EBIC before checking in so I assumed this was done the same way. Hoping to get a good spot. We are flying across the country and we’d really love to get the exit row (the one with 2 seats)!
Thank you for clarifying this!

Q: Southwest flight credits

I'm running into a problem with SW flight credits. Originally booked with a LUV voucher (I think). I've rebooked the flight 6 times as the flight price has dropped, saving each person about $83. However, it's creating an individual flight credit for each time, but they all have the same confirmation number. When I do a dummy booking to use these flight credits, I get this error message:

View attachment 764795
It'll use two of the credits but not the four others. So clearly it sees these as 6 different credits. This is going to be very frustrating when I actually try to meaningfully use these small credits. I know the combining trick, but they are so small I don't know how I would actually buy a dummy flight to combine them. Any thoughts?
I only know of the dummy booking method. Have you checked for the cheapest city pair far off in the future? I would look on Tuesday/Wednesday to/from a SW hub. I see a $55 lax-sfo Nov 1 if that helps at all.

We're coming back from Milan on an Emirates flight to JFK the Sat after Thanksgiving. It gets in at 7 pm. We need a connecting flight to get home that night and our options are Delta at 9:10 pm or JetBlue at 10 pm.

The JetBlue flight seems like the much safer option but I'd much rather take the Delta flight as it's fewer points and Amex transfer is 1:1. Anybody have more experience at JFK and could chime in? What would you do? Note that we won't have kids in tow and and have Global Entry.

One plus for Delta that might mitigate the time difference somewhat is that both Emirates and Delta use Terminal 4, while JetBlue is Terminal 5.
What is JetBlue's cancellation? Delta you can cancel up to the last minute, if JB has good cancellation policy I would book both and hope you make the Delta flight.

One thing to consider if the flights aren't on the same ticket, is you might have to clear customs, collect your bags, re-check them and then go through security. If you only have carry-on I am not sure if you can go from one gate to another (bypassing customs). When I landed at DFW from Cabo even though I was connecting to another flight and didn't have a checked bag I still had to go through customs and then security (GE made a HUGE difference -- no line versus seemingly endless regular line). If you ask on FT there will be most likely be someone there that will know the answer, if it hasn't already been addressed.

We prefer a RT cruise mostly because flight to/from Anchorage seem much more expensive than Seattle or Vancouver. I’m still in the investigation stages so I’m keeping them in mind.
I understand wanting a RT to avoid the high cost of flights to/from Anchorage. We are doing 5 days in Alaska before our cruise so our only choice was Anchorage or Fairbanks. I got the Aeroplan CC and transferred additional UR's to my Aeroplan account to book our return flight on Air Canada with points. I decided that since our return flight was with points that justified the higher price to fly to Anchorage. We might have been able to use points to fly to Anchorage but we booked that flight through Princess so they could handle any flight issues. I was willing to gamble on our return flight but not on our arrival flight.

I keep seeing y'all talking about multiple Chase Ink cards. What is the benefit of having multiples?

I just came back from AMS through JFK last Sunday. We were scheduled to arrive at 7:05; we landed at 8:15 and cleared customs at 8:55. Early on our departure day we were notified via text that the flight was delayed 1 hour. We boarded and pushed back, then immediately circled back to the gate where we sat about another hour. That was due to the airline/airport (?) failing to conduct a U.S. required search/document check of 4 passengers (or at least that is what the pilots said). We ended up taking off a little over 2 hours late. We landed at 8:15 pm and I ordered our Uber at 8:55 after we cleared customs.

We were seated in the front row of KLM Premium Comfort, so we disembarked immediately after biz class. There was no one in line at passport control in front of our group because we were one of the last flights in that night due to the delay. I had GE and my nephew did not. I had less than a 5 minute wait for the GE kiosks, and he cleared passport control about 2 minutes after me. Our bags were marked priority, so they were among the first bags to come out. They were not stopping anyone in customs when we went through. So under this best case scenario, it took 45 minutes from landing to clearing customs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter