I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to transfer the UR points from my DS's CIU account to my CSP account (we live in the same household). Since the option isn't available to add my account to his, I tried to send an SM to Chase to add it (I'm trying to avoid making him call). This is what I put in the SM:

"I would like to combine my ultimate rewards points with another member of my household, but I don't see an option in the ultimate rewards portal to add their account. Can you please add the following account to the "Combine Points" option on my account? Here is the information for the account I would like to add" (I gave my name and cc number).

Here's the response I got:

"You can link one account to another to combine Ultimate Rewards points, but you can only link one account at a time. To link a different account, you need to unlink the current one. It may take 24 hours for the points to transfer. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Chase. If you have any other questions or concerns, you can call the number below or send us a secure message."

Huh? There are no other accounts linked to his. Any suggestions on how to word this differently to be more clear? Do you think I should respond to this SM or try again with a new one?

Thanks!
I asked this same question via SM. I was told you can do it if you provide the name of the household member, the full credit card number where you want to transfer the points, and the amount of points you want to transfer.

Booking for fall 2022 on DCL opens this week. Anyone booking?
We cancelled two DCl trips cancelled, Nov. 2020 and Nov. 2021.
With 3 trips this year including a super expensive Aulani trip April 2022, realistically I can’t see doing a cruise 6 months after. Too much $$$ too close together.
Not sure if I should put a deposit down just in case or just let it go. Fall 2023? Take a breather from expensive trips maybe. Hate that we missed our two double dips on the Fantasy….

Just got the below message for dd's CSP application. Looking forward to another 100K URs :yay::yay:.

What number do I call to expedite? Have a large property tax payment coming up July 1st. Card expedited. Will arrive either tomorrow or Friday. Our friend picks up our mail on Friday afternoons and couriers here, so I should have by Monday or Tuesday! What the heck -- credit limit of $20,700.00 :oops:. I will be SMing to have that reduced.

Congratulations. We have approved your request for a Chase credit card.
You'll receive your new card and welcome kit in the mail in 3 to 5 business days.
Thanks for choosing Chase. We look forward to serving you.
She turned 19 on Star Wars day and I used her seasonal income (she makes $14.25 / hour, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week and will work until the end of August) + withdrawls from her registered education plan ($5,000.00 last year which counts as income) + she gets a generous allowance from dh deposited monthly. Stated income was well below the recommended $30,000.00; I am not sure if having had an account with Chase for 6+ years and a very healthy balance helped at all. Her credit score was 763 when I applied. HTH!

So she got a $20k limit on $20+k income? That seems bonkers. lol My FIL had a preapproval for a CSR in his account and his income is only $15k in SS. I thought that was crazy. He got a freedom last year and they only gave him $2500 limit but now they want to give him an additional $10k??

So she got a $20k limit on $20+k income? That seems bonkers. lol My FIL had a preapproval for a CSR in his account and his income is only $15k in SS. I thought that was crazy. He got a freedom last year and they only gave him $2500 limit but now they want to give him an additional $10k??
I agree. It's insane. I will be lowering it to around $1,500.00 after I meet the MSR paying property taxes and her rent for July (unless there is a min. that Chase requires).

Just back from the vet. The 14 year old dog is in good shape and needs her teeth cleaned. And selected AA for Biz Plat 2 airline credit. Will use it this weekend to pay for the dog's ticket to Michigan. This is her last hurrah before a puppy joins our family in about three weeks.

Amex Offer + sale.
You can get 3 bottles for about $10 (depending on what you order). They are having a sale on certain bottles with discount code Day2 (it's on the landing page).
Offer merchant logo

Spend $30+ at macyswineshop.com/amex, get $25 back, up to 3x (total of $75)

wine.PNG

I went back to do another mock order and noticed that it said something about only one promotion at a time, so do you think you'll get the $25 back from AMEX in addition to the 15% discount? If so, I may order more since it can be used 3x.

She turned 19 on Star Wars day and I used her seasonal income (she makes $14.25 / hour, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week and will work until the end of August) + withdrawls from her registered education plan ($5,000.00 last year which counts as income) + she gets a generous allowance from dh deposited monthly. Stated income was well below the recommended $30,000.00; I am not sure if having had an account with Chase for 6+ years and a very healthy balance helped at all. Her credit score was 763 when I applied. HTH!
thank you!

I understood what you wanted to do, but I read your intro paragraph first.

Does your account have links to another account? I've never heard of this "rule", but I have heard several people having problems linking accounts lately.

I think I would just try a new message. Maybe, "How do I transfer points from my son's account #xxx to my account #xxx? My son lives with me, and neither account is currently linked to another account. Thank you" You could add what you and your son want to spend the points on, to add a personal touch and/or how you've been struggling to figure this out (?) Let's see what others suggest, too.

Good luck and keep us updated, because it seem to be a re-occurring problem lately.

I just want to transfer from my CIC to my CSP and it says, 'You have no other UR cards.' Guess I'll be calling.

Hawaii trip planning. Seems like we have lots of Hawaii travelers on here. I discovered that I was looking at the wrong days for flights to Hawaii. I had thought the cost in miles went up 45,000 miles per person. Duh! That was on a Sunday. Looking at other days, it is back to what I had booked last year. So I am a little bit more excited than in the past.

I need some advice on hotels. I have Hilton points (gold status), IHG points (platinum), Marriott points (platinum status), and Hyatt points (globalist status). In addition, 1M URs that I can use. I was thinking of one brand per island (Oahu, BigIsland, Maui). I want to use my points/status where it makes the best sense.

Based on my points, any recommendations for hotels on those 3 islands? Thanks.

Have you moved them before or is this the first time? All these reports were making me nervous, so I just tried and was able to transfer my CIU pts to DH's CSR, but I have done it before.

I've never moved anything to or from my CIC. I have moved Chase Freedom points to my CSP.

Hawaii trip planning. Seems like we have lots of Hawaii travelers on here. I discovered that I was looking at the wrong days for flights to Hawaii. I had thought the cost in miles went up 45,000 miles per person. Duh! That was on a Sunday. Looking at other days, it is back to what I had booked last year. So I am a little bit more excited than in the past.

I need some advice on hotels. I have Hilton points (gold status), IHG points (platinum), Marriott points (platinum status), and Hyatt points (globalist status). In addition, 1M URs that I can use. I was thinking of one brand per island (Oahu, BigIsland, Maui). I want to use my points/status where it makes the best sense.

Based on my points, any recommendations for hotels on those 3 islands? Thanks.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Kona on the Big Island, and the Holiday Inn Express Waikiki in Oahu. We liked both hotels!! The one in Waikiki was in the perfect location! We were able to walk to beach and down the main area of Waikiki.

Ok, to share my experience and have some datapoint in the hopes that this helps others.

So I called recon about my CSP app that I got the 7-10 day message on. The rep told me that I could get the app approved if I either closed one of my open cards or moved some of my credit limits. She said I needed to have $5k in order for the CSP to be approved. (Now keep in mind I lower credit limits before I applied). So I went online while on the phone to see which ones to move credit from, as I don't really have any that I wanted to close. All of my cards, except my FUL, had credit limits already at $5k (FUL was at $10K) so I thought I'd take $2500 from two cards and all would be good. Before moving anything my available credit was only 15% of my income which is why I thought I'd be fine when applying. I worked through my cards only to be told by the rep that my Freedom, IHG and Marriott could not have a credit limit lower than $5k. I ended up moving the $5k from the FUL and the CSP was approved.

I wanted to share this as 1) I had never heard of the Freedom, IHG or Marriott having a base credit limit and 2) it seems like the overall available credit Chase is willing to extend has gone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter