I like that Disney says "Christmas"

I base my holiday greeting on the simple fact that regardless of which holiday one celebrates, there are actually two "mainstream" holidays at this time of year - whichever holiday presents are opened, and the New Year. Rather that say "Merry Christmas/Happy Chanukah/Joyous Kwanzaa and a happy new year!" it's a lot easier to say "Happy Holidays!" I continue saying Happy Holidays until after New Year's Day...

And I've been saying Happy Holidays long before the debate started, and only in the past few years have I heard people become "offended" by my greeting...

I have lots Jewish friends and they always wish us a "Merry Christmas" and I always wish them a Happy Chanukah and it doesn't bother any of us!

Yes, I do think it has gotten very PC but I've noticed that more and more people are saying Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays. We live in NJ and this is a very diverse area which is one of the reasons that I like living here since my DDs have experienced the different cultures in our town - Jewish, Hindu (one of our neighbors), & various Christian faiths. Of course, they want to be both Jewish & Christian so that way we could celebrate both Chanukah & Christmas and be able to give them a Bat Mitzvah like our best friends. So we compromise and they go over to their house for 3 nights during Chanukah to actually experience the celebration-it has really taught them. AND yes, we have our friends here for Christmas Day to share our celebration. Our friends were even at our Church Christmas Pageant on Sunday since my DD was Mary.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza, Felicidades!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter