• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I know I've asked this before but

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
Hi Everyone!

We are heading to WDW in about 2 months taking my DH's Brother & family. My DBIL is paralyzed from the waist down having said that my DSIL wants to do everything including the water parks.

I was under the impression that DBIL would be able to do some of the things there, but now DH says he probably won't due to the fact almost everything has hills or stairs to reach it.

Is this true? I have been to TL and really don't remember much as I spent most of m time @ the wave pool. But, I would imagine that BB is out of the question due to lack of shade.

Anybody have any info on this? It's much appreciated!

Thanks,
Lisa

There is not a disability guide for the water parks and when we went DD did not go down any of the slides. but it is my understanding that some of the rides you have to climb up to have elevators for people who are not able to climb the stairs.
Your best bet (if no one here knows for sure) might be to go to the officail Disney site and email your question to them. I have had good luck gettting responses by using the regualr "Contact Us" email address and having something about "Special Needs" in the subject.
Let us know what you find out.

Thanks Sue,

I did email Disney. I will let share what their response is.

Have a great night,
Lisa

Ok for everyone wanting to know. SueM in MN asked me to let everyone know what I found out so I emailed WDW themselves about my original post and this is their response......

We are delighted to know that you are planning to visit Walt Disney World. You
may be interested to know that the wave pool at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water
Park is accessible to guests utilizing wheelchairs. Guests may bring their
wheelchairs into the water up to the midpoint of the rear wheels. We also have
a limited number of Water Wheelchairs available for no additional charge
(deposit only) at High and Dry Towel Rental. These wheelchairs have extra large
wheels which are easy to maneuver over the sandy beach areas. A lifeguard is
also available on the shore of Typhoon Lagoon for assistance.

At Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, a wheelchair lift is provided to take
guests to the top of "Mount Gushmore." However, guests may require assistance
from one of their other party members to help maneuver the wheelchair down Mount
Gushmore. Also, guests can transfer from their wheelchairs to inner tubes to
enjoy the lazy river attractions at Blizzard Beach ("Cross-Country Creek") and
Typhoon Lagoon ("Castaway Creek").

We hope this information will prove helpful in planning your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.
Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter