I know I'm in the minority...

lbuher

DIS Veteran
and I know it doesn't do any good to even post this, but I just wanted to say that I'm disappointed in the Dream itineraries (and rates, really) for spring 2012. We had been hoping to move our early Dec 2011 booking to spring break so the kids wouldn't have to miss school (and to hopefully have warmer weather). Had they kept doing 4 nights, we probably could've afforded it. But since they switched to the 5 nights during that time, we have been priced out.

I know the double-dips are incredibly popular, but the ONE season that we MIGHT could afford to go when school is out of session just became out-of-reach for us. It was already gonna be a stretch to move from off-peak to peak season, but adding that extra night did us in.

Oh well. Thinking at this point that the kids will just miss school, we will enjoy the Christmas decorations up on ship, and I'm grateful that we have a headmaster that is understanding of family vacation time and finances.

Thanks for listening....

and I know it doesn't do any good to even post this, but I just wanted to say that I'm disappointed in the Dream itineraries (and rates, really) for spring 2012. We had been hoping to move our early Dec 2011 booking to spring break so the kids wouldn't have to miss school (and to hopefully have warmer weather). Had they kept doing 4 nights, we probably could've afforded it. But since they switched to the 5 nights during that time, we have been priced out.
I know the double-dips are incredibly popular, but the ONE season that we MIGHT could afford to go when school is out of session just became out-of-reach for us. It was already gonna be a stretch to move from off-peak to peak season, but adding that extra night did us in.

Oh well. Thinking at this point that the kids will just miss school, we will enjoy the Christmas decorations up on ship, and I'm grateful that we have a headmaster that is understanding of family vacation time and finances.

Thanks for listening....

I am listing the link to the other "disappointed" thread so you can see you are not alone in being unhappy about ship itineraries (the other thread is basically about the Fantasy) but thought you might want to see that one as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2578846

MJ

I hadn't seen another thread related to the Dream spring itineraries at all? And still can't find it?

I was in the middle of editing my post when you posted....the other thread is on the Fantasy, not the Dream.

MJ

I was in the middle of editing my post when you posted....the other thread is on the Fantasy, not the Dream.

MJ

Thanks... I had seen that one but didn't post there since it's a totally different issue.... I'm still probably in the minority, because I know the double-dips are so incredibly popular.

I agree, while a DD sounds great, to me, the higher pricing takes it out of the running as an option.

However, we sailed last year before Christmas and loved it, in fact we are doing it again this year, but for 7 nights instead of 3. You will really enjoy the decorations on the ship, it was all just lovely.

Enjoy and maybe Disney will take all our comments to heart and we'll see some changes in itineraries sometime (although I don't hold my breath). :lmao:

I would have liked to have seen some summer 4-nights, too. We're going to suck it up, though, and cut off additional parts of our trip.

I was just looking at the new pricing as well. I priced out the same cruise we are taking in April 2011 (spring break) to April 2012, and the same cat room is about $400 more already. PS: I booked my april 2011 cruise in Jan 2010. Yes, disappointed.

You can add me to the list!!! I wanted to book for Spring Break 2012 and nothing is available that fits our schedule (or budget)!

UMTerp

Can anyone tell me if my price is good? $1852 for a double dip 1/3/12? DD will be in pre-k so I'm lucky that I can have her miss school. I just want to make sure I get a good deal considering that for the same price I could do a 7night on RCI or Carnival.

I'm bummed that for 2012 there's no 3 night cruises duing June/July/August, the Thrusday->Sunday dates, for us. The Saturday->Wednesday at the parks and then Thursday-> Saturday worked great, now I got to figure out what to do.

Can anyone tell me if my price is good? $1852 for a double dip 1/3/12? DD will be in pre-k so I'm lucky that I can have her miss school. I just want to make sure I get a good deal considering that for the same price I could do a 7night on RCI or Carnival.

Would need to know more, like what category room, how many people, etc... you are getting for that $1852?

Would need to know more, like what category room, how many people, etc... you are getting for that $1852?

Okay, well it's actually going to be $1972 including taxes but not insurance, etc. for 2 adults and 1 child in the least expensive stateroom, 11C. for April 2012. I can't believe I left out for how many people and what cabin :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter